CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that defence is worried given phase 3 is exposing the juror's to victim impact statements NOW ( not so in Phase 2 as was ON THEM to prove mitigations)...So how will they ( other than Nelson trying to alter wording of the law) offer in Phase 3??

This arguing is only about opening instructions?? WTH?? Can you imagine Nelson come closing statements and instructions?? WHOA!!

:gaah: .. :notgood: .. :hills: .. :eek: .. :doorhide: .. :pullhair: .. :what: .. :eek:verreaction: .. :freakedout: .. :fainted:

But then, she goes back to the 'one above' that had already been ruled on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we already know how much the good judge likes that. Why doesn't she? SMH. "Try, try again," doesn't work in that room because the judge wins all arguments.

I don't believe that J. will allocate or make any statements ( he is a mass murderer who loved the planning/hunt and manipulating ALL including family/therapists) in Phase 3 J had no mercy for his own family much less his victim's!!...

Def. Case will be totally built ( at this point) on "MERCY" and have parent's testify and maybe sister?? Who know's??

Some of the folks that testified that they supported JH may take the stand again -- they can't have much -- maybe a pastor, etc., who knew him growing up or a coach, etc. But so many of those folks hadn't seen him in years, but you do whatever you can, I guess.

This part of the trial will probably rip out whatever is left of his parents' hearts. SMH. JH has victimized so, so many. Is there a part of him left that cares for any of them?

LOL..Nelson wants such narrow instructions..next I hear..stuff that kind of reflects the jury cannot be "DELUSION" in their reasonings..LOL MAN oh MAN..this team is pulling out all stops!!

But Mr. King has been so, so silent for the last week or so. I know that each one on the team has his/her assignment and area of expertise, but that man has really been in the shadows. Is he just trying to stay as far away from this as is possible? It's intriguing to me...

Can I object to Ms Nelson? She is annoying me and my ears are objecting. Therefore my objection should be heard in light of my constitutional rights, also my right to a fair hearing in the state of Colorado, especially the 8th 16th, 24th ammendments of the Colorado Constitution.

Actually it's a global request. Because my head is round. Like a globe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

You crazy Brit!! Lovin' it!! :D

Let them all testify. I doubt the jury would change their minds no matter who on which side takes that stand. I just know they will send him to death (and y'all know I am morally opposed to the DP, but I am not a wishful thinking kinda gal); and I also sort of know he will never be executed. Colorado hasn't executed anyone since when? The 70's?

I do think the victims' families MUST have their day in court. They have earned the right to tell this SOB how he has ruined all their lives.

bbm

Yes, Little Bean, you are so right. Oh, so many of the people will have permanent holes in their hearts that can never be filled. Yes, he needs to hear how real people love and feel. I feel sure he has been medicated throughout this trial, but I have watched him and he looks at all the exhibits on the screen and I think he is still aware enuff to know what he is seeing and hearing.

So yes, I want him to hear it all and feel it all. This trial has brought all of the hurting and wounded people -- survivors and those who lost -- back to this horror and it has re-opened wounds to the rawness of the first days that they were all trying to get through their days, hour by hour. It is their time now -- he had his, and he shall have no more. Let him hear it, hear it and hear it.

corundogs said:
ETA - and yes, gun shot residue tests were done on his clothes and they all tested positive. That has been admitted.

Nowhere in my research did I find any corroboration of your statement. Can you help with this?

Ah you are all going to miss me when this is all over :D

We would miss you but we think you will follow some of us to another trial and we sure want your input!!!

WS members do get close to each other during a trial...make so many WS friends. It is nice to go to another trail and 'see' someone you haven't see for awhile...friend do not stay lost at WS!

Nelson, et al will interrupt these victims constantly!

The shooters mom and dad were allowed to start at his birth forward......

Yes, judge, it's emotional!!! Good grief!! This is crazy!! Can't mention grandparents cancer.....not sure I can watch the censored impact statements. Pathetic

bbm

I'd be willing to bet she'll only do it once. Grrrrrrr.

I didn't follow the Austin Siggs case (Jessica Ridgeway) - but this weekend, I watched the sentencing hearing.

One of JH's public defenders was part of the AS defense (can't remember her name).

I found it interesting to see how similar her presentation for mitigation was for AS and JH (both people with overwhelming evidence that they committed horrific crimes). The mitigations are nearly identical - almost like a formula. Only in AS case, it was all in a power point and only 30 minutes long, but in JH, it was done through witness testimony and spread over several days.

Her segment is not graphic BTW (if you just watch the first 30 minutes of this video)..

It starts at 1:30 here: [video=youtube;jrYHTI27XqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrYHTI27XqQ[/video]

Wow, thanks for that -- I had followed this case closely and I was unable to watch the part that you showed us.

And yes, that is indeed one of the members of the JH defense team. She was much more "lawyerly" in this segment -- and she did a fairly good job of what she had to do -- so similar to her role in the JH case -- to defend someone who, IMO, did indefensible things to unsuspecting human beings.

We would miss you but we think you will follow some of us to another trial and we sure want your input!!!

WS members do get close to each other during a trial...make so many WS friends. It is nice to go to another trail and 'see' someone you haven't see for awhile...friend do not stay lost at WS!

I hope to keep following trials with you all. I have thoroughly enjoyed your company!

I think I may need a break after this one though. It has taken up a lot of my time. It's also been rather stressful with some rather distressing testimony. I'm sure I will toughen up. I'm quite new to this whole business :)

I hope to keep following trials with you all. I have thoroughly enjoyed your company!

I think I may need a break after this one though. It has taken up a lot of my time. It's also been rather stressful with some rather distressing testimony. I'm sure I will toughen up. I'm quite new to this whole business :)

We have enjoyed you too! Stepping back and taking a break from trials is a good thing! I have done it....the Caylee Anthony Murder was hard on all of us. I do find it interesting that our States vary in their rules and procedures. I have learned a lot from these trials. I will peek in on the Drew Peterson case, which has been pushed back to November now. And the Scott Peterson case....may be retried! I hope not. I have to leave now, for a dental appointment, and may miss the first part of the day but I know I can read the comments here...keep Nelson in line! Until later....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong