CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady STILL not giving up!!!! After judge ruled on all their objections from yesterday- they're still going to add more objections today!!!!!!

Judge doesn't want a snap judgement....I believe he feels the jury already has made snap judgements....good grief!!

Victim impact statements. Nothing too emotional though. The judge won't allow it. He said he will be keeping an eye on the jury and if they look like they are getting upset he will stop the testimony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy this phase is going to be tough for all involved especially the judge...going to be tons of defense objections and what happens if some of the jurors are just criers? (spelling? prone to crying easily is what I mean). That could honestly cut off the testimony severely. Some of this may not be so prejudicial but rather just the emotional makeup of the jury. I think this phase is going to be a long one!!

It's really a paradox, victims are allowed to testify about their loved ones who died; BUT what they said cannot invoke intense emotion from the jury!!!?? They died in a mass murder with a surprise attack!
Anyone who lost someone in a horrific crime, is going to evoke emotion!

And what does the judge mean when he keeps saying, 'he's going to stop it'? Meaning he will stop the entire prosecution's case? If too much emotion, they will not be able to present anymore testimony?

What do you folks think?

If I'm a juror....and I sense these victims are being cut short and scripted.....then I'm furious! The constant threats from the judge about cutting testimony short is insulting...

I think this sucks---how can the victims not show emotion--many who survived have devastating injuries... How can they ever forget?? They probably have PTSD. And what about those whose family members were massacred ?? What a crock of C---.
JMHO

Brady said she still objects to grandparents testifying!!!!!!!!!!! Said it didn't list grandparents in one law. Judge said another part states 'immediate family' which grandparents are!
they are just too much!
they really want to cover the horror of their client!

Get the he!! over it, Brady. Sit down and zip it.

We're live -- best I can tell!!

Here's Court Chatter link:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!james-holmes-trial-stream-1/cmus

Hi, Gang!!

Thanks for the yummy breakfast, Coldpizza. We love your zero-calorie spreads. Yummm.

Justice for the victims and their loved ones.

If I'm a juror....and I sense these victims are being cut short and scripted.....then I'm furious! The constant threats from the judge about cutting testimony short is insulting...

YES! Remember during the guilt phase, how defense kept objecting throughout the entire testimony from all those in the theater who got injured?
Juries do get offended when there are so many excessive objections in general anyway & this defense objecting, not wanting the jury to here what they went thru during the shooting-I'm sure really offended them! IMO

It's really a paradox, victims are allowed to testify about their loved ones who died; BUT what they said cannot invoke intense emotion from the jury!!!?? They died in a mass murder with a surprise attack!
Anyone who lost someone in a horrific crime, is going to evoke emotion!

And what does the judge mean when he keeps saying, 'he's going to stop it'? Meaning he will stop the entire prosecution's case? If too much emotion, they will not be able to present anymore testimony?

What do you folks think?

I took it to mean the judge will cut that witness short. Not the whole prosecution case.

Given how quickly they have returned the verdicts so far, I will not be surprised if they impose the DP.

Dayam, we can't even get started without a bench conference -- requested, of course, by the doh-fense. <sigh>

Ms Higgs sounds like she is going to cry!

Oh my! Higgs is crying to the jury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's showing emotion!! Objection!!!!!!!!!

Beautifully stated, Mr. Brauchler -- short & sweet opening from & for The People.

GB is timing her on his phone lol!

judge - 'wrap it up'. then after higgs stopped crying...tricks.

Larry Ryckman &#8207;@larryryckman 1m1 minute ago Longmont, CO
First witness in 3rd sentencing phase is Robert Wingo Jr., widower of Rebecca Wingo. #theatershooting
The Gold Patrol® &#8207;@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

They met in CA while both in Air Force. She was a Mandarin/Chinese linguist.
The Gold Patrol® &#8207;@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

She approached him first. her energy and smile, fearless, wild, was intriguing to him

The shooter appears to look at the photo of Rebecca and her daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member