CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~~above
I found the reporters name~~her name is Nina Burleigh..I hope it's okay to post it. I did not locate her tweet she sent to Juror 747.

It is juror 737. The reporter did not tweet to the juror, it was an unknown person. I think it was just someone who saw the article and let him know. I wonder if someone wants to get this juror off??? If he gets the death penalty he will be protected and probably better off than getting LWOP. If he is in general population someone will kill him.

Juror 737 says he was tweeted at by someone he does not know. The tweet was a Newsweek article that mentioned the juror by first and last name and said he was the foreman of the jury. He says he did not read the article. He says he will not be affected by the incident. He has concerns about privacy and the media. He said he is concerned that his name was published.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...a-theater-shooting-sentencing-phase/30509833/

The jury were given just an hour to review the cctv footage of the shooter in the cinema. They will probably be watching it now. I wonder how long they will be before they reach a verdict. I thought this phase wouldn't take long, although I realise they can take as long as they need.

Someone mentioned that they wondered if the jury might not understand that they only have to find ONE aggravating factor to find the shooter eligible for the DP. I hope they don't think they have to find all of the factors proven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago

Recap and video of Prosecutor Richard Orman's argument from phase 1 of the sentencing phase: bit.ly anica.padilla 7News

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 56s56 seconds ago
Read #theatershooting court's @Newsweek ban order: http://link.kdvr.com/1LFz5lg

Rick Sallinger ‏@ricksallinger · 4m4 minutes ago
#theatershooting jury back. Believed to be watching surveillance
video of theater lobby that showed kids present, Holmes statements
re:

Yes - the jury has to agree on at least one of the aggravating factors to move forward. If they do not, the gunman will automatically get life in prison without parole anica.padilla

It is juror 737. The reporter did not tweet to the juror, it was an unknown person. ........

Juror 737 says he was tweeted at by someone he does not know. The tweet was a Newsweek article that mentioned the juror by first and last name and said he was the foreman of the jury. He says he did not read the article. He says he will not be affected by the incident. He has concerns about privacy and the media. He said he is concerned that his name was published.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...a-theater-shooting-sentencing-phase/30509833/

Sorry..someone couldn't find the reporters name..didn't mean she tweeted it to the juror but is responsible for the newsweek article link that was tweeted to juror which he did not open. I'm sure tech folks will be able to fine out who the anonymous tweeter's IP address is. That tweet tho was accessed by def. yesterday as the juror who spoke with judge yesterday..and which verified the (info) complaint/worry about having his full name out there..

Disturbing indeed!!

I was thinking about the victims who have expressed forgiveness to the shooter. I wonder if any of them will make a statement in court and ask that he not be executed.

I was thinking about the victims who have expressed forgiveness to the shooter. I wonder if any of them will make a statement in court and ask that he not be executed.

The reporter on Chanel 7 News said the reason the pros. proceeded with DP was due to victims wanting it---

I did Google the reporters name...she does articles for Newsweek and other sites. The Judge made a comment about the reporter doing this for her own gain...or something close to that. When I googled, I can say, I see why the Judge made the comment and I am not impressed with her. I still feel the Juror should see a lawyer when the trial is over. JMO

yes, I see she is a very experienced journalist & has written 5 books! So, she knew the trial wasn't over. But, even after a trial, the judge still seals the names for sometime after the trial. Only, if some juror's decide on their own to talk to the press, some still don't reveal themselves.

Still, how did she get his name???? Bothers me that he has people tweeting him that he doesn't know. KWIM?

Yes - the jury has to agree on at least one of the aggravating factors to move forward. If they do not, the gunman will automatically get life in prison without parole anica.padilla

Seems like jury wants to be thorough by viewing the videos

Rob McCallum ‏@rwmccallum · 1m1 minute ago
The jury has submitted a note. Judge Samour will take the bench in 5 minutes #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 59s60 seconds ago
Jurors have a question. Court will be in session in about 5 minutes, says court spokesman @rwmccallum #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
#TheaterShooting jury has submitted note, per @rwmccallum. Judge will address live around 9:50. We'll be live here: http://link.kdvr.com/1MKlzeP

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting jury has submitted another note. The judge will take the bench in 5 minutes.
WATCH: http://bit.ly/7NEWStheatertrial

a

In the Tsarnaev Boston Bombing trial, there were victims who did not want the death penalty, only because of all the appeals dragging on & having to re-live it. I don't believe that any of them testified to this though during the penalty phase.

a

In the Tsarnaev Boston Bombing trial, there were victims who did not want the death penalty, only because of all the appeals dragging on & having to re-live it. I don't believe that any of them testified to this though during the penalty phase.

I can't say I blame them---seems to take decades in order for DP to be carried out--add that to appeals--I hate to relive the death/murder of one of my loved ones.

The jury were given just an hour to review the cctv footage of the shooter in the cinema. They will probably be watching it now. I wonder how long they will be before they reach a verdict. I thought this phase wouldn't take long, although I realise they can take as long as they need.

Someone mentioned that they wondered if the jury might not understand that they only have to find ONE aggravating factor to find the shooter eligible for the DP. I hope they don't think they have to find all of the factors proven.

BBM-
Hi Maisie! Yes, that's what I was posting last night but my post kept getting misunderstood & they were explaining the process to me! But that wasn't what I meant. I'll try again.
If the jury only has to find that one is proven-why are they or they seem to be trying to see if ALL are proven-by wanting to review the tapes?! I asked what are they hung up on or debating?
The first aggravator IS proven! Done!
It was posted to me that they are hung up on the 'intent to kill a child', BUT, there's no reason to debate it if any other aggravator is proven!!!
See what I'm trying to convey?
*If they agree on the first one, 'he killed more than 2 people in the same event', they're done!!!! No need to discuss the rest.
*Especially since the defense conceded that the aggravators were proven!

That's why everyone said this will go fast, this phase.

BBM-
Hi Maisie! Yes, that's what I was posting last night but my post kept getting misunderstood & they were explaining the process to me! But that wasn't what I meant. I'll try again.
If the jury only has to find that one is proven-why are they or they seem to be trying to see if ALL are proven-by wanting to review the tapes?! I asked what are they hung up on or debating?
The first aggravator IS proven! Done!
It was posted to me that they are hung up on the 'intent to kill a child', BUT, there's no reason to debate it if any other aggravator is proven!!!
See what I'm trying to convey?
*If they agree on the first one, 'he killed more than 2 people in the same event', they're done!!!! No need to discuss the rest.
*Especially since the defense conceded that the aggravators were proven!

That's why everyone said this will go fast, this phase.

ITA---initially I thought this would be over and done with quickly. Apparently I was wrong! Whatever it is they are hung up on something. IIRC even the Judge initially thought (before the major objections the defense presented yesterday) that first phase would be over and in the afternoon second phase---

Rob McCallum ‏@rwmccallum · 1m1 minute ago
The jury has submitted a note. Judge Samour will take the bench in 5 minutes #theatershooting
Oh boy! How long have they been looking at the videos? This may be verdict?

Where's the Judge..thought they were going to be back in court in 5 minutes??? Maybe this is an actual verdict.so 20 minutes needed before announcing..It's been almost 15 minutes already....Eek!!

The note came out shortly after the 60 minutes needed to watch all the video's requested....:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni