CO CO - Jaryd Atadero, 3, Comanche Peak, 2 Oct 1999

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Doyle, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Thunder Street

Thunder Street Well-Known Member

They were nervous. No doubt. Their story is highly questionable.

2. Thunder Street

Allyn Atadero has requested a respite from case activity as he's been overwhelmed, and we are respecting that with our silence at this point. However, we continue to research in the background. We have two trips planned to the canyon this year and will have plenty of video to share from both.

3. whatsnext

whatsnext Member

Looking forward to that, thanks for the info! Had been thinking about Jaryd just yesterday and wondering about what's going on.

4. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

What's going on? I wonder that myself, for a lot of reasons. Would a child abductor crawl up a steep, rocky incline to deposit clothing, a tooth and a piece of skull? I have my doubts, in MANY directions.

5. whatsnext

whatsnext Member

I have doubts about the people who crawled up a steep, rocky incline to find those remains.

Quill, Lynetta, apricotdeez and 5 others like this.
  6. Trident

The only thing that would climb such a steep, rocky incline is a puma. Would a sneaker be found looking new? Possibly. Are there any studies on how long it takes a sneaker to age in the environment we are told it was found in?

IMO pedophiles simply do not deposit the bodies of their victims in nearly-inaccesible places. It SEEMS they do try to cover their crimes, but not in such difficult terrain. Predators, however, live there and do carry their food where they can eat it in peace or bring it to their offspring.

No parent wants to admit the death of their child, myself included. Yet, once that death is confirmed, what is the difference between an animal attack and a human attack? Either way the child is still dead. I do NOT understand why this case is being kept alive the way it is, except publicity of some sort? What? Any ideas, especially from our beloved Thunder Street, who hasn't really given any evidence of anything, IMO.

7. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

But hikers did climb up there and find the clothing and remains, if their story is true.

I agree the case is a strange one, for the longest I fully believed he was taken by a mountain lion. But if it was a human predator there will hopefully be justice at some point.

Trident, Quill, Lynetta and 3 others like this.
  8. Thunder Street

Please read the previous posts I've made regarding the animal attack theory. It's been explained numerous times, with mountain lion experts smarter than both of us on the subject attesting that the likelihood of it being a cougar is extremely slim.

Agreed. I don't believe it was the perpetrator either. Even though pedophiles will do anything to cover their crimes. Also, no blood on the clothing.

You'd be ok with a loved one being murdered? You'd just move on never wanting justice? I call BS on that.

And yes, this case is being kept alive but not for fame or fortune. It's so people like you keep talking about it, to keep pressure on the authorities who mucked it up from the beginning, not letting it slip out of public scrutiny because those of us who do care about our fellow man want justice to be done.

As for evidence, I wouldn't report that on a web forum. I am here to get people thinking and talking about this PUBLICLY. Evidence, if found, will be reported to the proper authorities. No need to prove it to anyone here. It needs to be proven in court.

Quill, Lynetta, Luckyzmom and 5 others like this.
  9. Trident

Do you have any idea when that will be?

10. Thunder Street

No. No one ever does. We can't predict when we'll prove something, but remain optimistic that someone will finally crack this case. We have our avenues to explore and will do so as our resources allow.