Found Deceased CO - Jennifer Cleland, 47, Colorado Springs, 17 August 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Cagle, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Police said a blue Dodge Stratus was headed northbound when it went off the right shoulder and down an embankment, where it hit a tree.

The driver, 46-year-old Jennifer Cleland of Colorado Springs, died on the scene.

Police said they don’t yet know if speed or impairment was a factor in the crash.

Woman, previously reported missing, killed in Colorado Springs crash

BBM

2. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

This is really just a guess and me talking. No facts here!!! Lol. I wonder if she bought cat food and left it as her final act of goodness to the cats and then harmed herself. It's the only way I can make all the pieces fit.

AnnaGrace likes this.
  3. KALI

KALI On Time Out

I just do not understand her death. Either the reporters are completely wrong or, nobody is talking about Jennifer's issues.
    Honestly, was she on medication that would cause her to go off the rails?
    I do not understand ANY of this.
    And yes. My heart breaks for the many animals she was trying to help.
    What the hell happened?

4. KALI

KALI On Time Out

I thank you for this post.
    I am so confused about Jennifer's death.
    I am leaning towards the "reporters" not doing their jobs.
    I'm too tired tonight to get into all of that.
    But, yeah, there is more to this story, and/or, they messed up and missed up on what should have been the story.
    RIP Jennifer. You were a lovely, kind woman.

5. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Here is a news article about the Tuesday morning crash for anyone interested Fatal crash closes northbound S. Circle at Janitell Rd.

Jennifer could have had any number of things happen to cause this - her cell phone, reaching into the passenger side and taking her eyes off the road, a deer or other animal, a flat tire, another car. I doubt very much it was suicide - if she wanted to take her life she would have rehomed all her cats first.

6. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Very sorry to see this outcome. May Jennifer rest in peace.

Hazelnutty, KALI, Bravo and 5 others like this.
  7. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

It is strange that her cell phone was off so quickly. Unless someone turns it off or it went under water, I would think it would still stay on for a while before dying if it wasn’t in use, but maybe it was dying or died right before the crash.

IMOO

Bravo, Steph8angels and Skigh like this.
  8. Kuro

Kuro Member

This is Jennifer's son. I'm just gonna clarify some things and if you have questions ill answer to the best of my ability.

My mom left our house on Howard Ave. and Palmer Park at 3:45ish.

She text us from the Southend Sam's club at 6 to get groceries.

In the 2 or so hours before she stopped at the 711 on N Union and went to the dollar tree right after. I think that took til 4pm in which she went to the sams on woodmen to get the type of cat food we need to feed the various colonies we feed as well as our own cats.

One of the places she feeds at cameras saw her at 5pm.

6pm is when she was at the southern sams club for groceries and a tube of sausage the employees neglected to put in her cart last time she was there. She was in line at customer service at 730pm.

We assume the crash happened a little after that. We dont think she even made it to Wal-Mart. Police couldn't confirm anything on the walmart cameras. So I personally think the story that employee had is ******* ********.

It was an accident. It's heart wrenching to a level I never wanted to experience a second time in my life. She was a great human being and a better person than most. She did so much. Our family, her me and my grandmother have all done so much to try and do good.

Cops saw footage of her arrive at the south end sams club on Monday night and I believe they went from there to trace her route back home or to the neighborhood market Wal-Mart.(she hated super Wal-Mart's. The small one on union and lelaray is to her liking)
    She parked where they couldn't see in the Sam's parking lot and they never saw her car leave the parking lot (although we know it did).

They found her car within 10 hours of pulling the sams club footage. I'm just mad and sad right now. Thinking "what if she was alive these last couple days and died of the heat (dark blue car tinted windows that dont roll down) or what if she just couldn't move. If the cops got on the case when we called and looked.... I'm afraid that they might've been able to save her.

I apologize for going off tangents. This is difficult, my mind is constantly foggy and I cant even really comprehend this entire thing happening.
    I'll be doing what I can to find work and take over for her and feed the cats. Thats what she'd want, someone to continue taking care of them.

I appreciate everyone here who's tried to wrap their mind and who have sympathized. Ive been following this forum since someone created the topic in hopes of finding anything regarding my mom.

9. ManicMuggle83

ManicMuggle83 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss! I applaud your desire to carry on her work with the cats. Hopefully time brings more answers and some healing.

10. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry you lost your Mom Kuro. She was an amazing Lady who gave so much. Your Mom will be proud you and your Grandmother will carry on doing good in the world. Again my deepest condolences from Ontario Canada.

11. Minou

Minou Concerned Citizen of the World

Kuro, I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom seems like she was a wonderful person. Love to you and your family.

12. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson Well-Known Idiot

My condolences to you, Kuro, and I'm sorry for your loss. I know we're just strangers on the internet but please let any of us know if you need anything.

13. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

As a cat (and animal) lover myself, my sincere sympathies to you. Your mom sounds like an amazingly loving and caring person, someone who took the time and energy to do good in this world. Such a tragic loss and, again, very sorry to you and any other family. Thank you for your wanting to follow up with caring for all the animals who depended on you both. Maybe some local animal societies can help you with the cost of food. :(

14. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

Your mom was obviously a very compassionate person and it appears she's instilled that well in you. I'm so very sorry for your loss. We all hoped for a better ending, as we always do. I appreciate you popping in to provide us some clarification and hope her memories comfort you with peace.

15. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Kuro, thank you for sharing with us, I know how difficult it is for you right now. So very sorry for the loss of your Mom. Takes a beautiful compassionate person to take on her mission. Prayers for you and your family to have strength and find peace . We are always here if you feel the need. Keep her close to your heart as you go forward. She would want the bond you share to help you get through this. If you need anything please let us know.

MissMalowe, margarita25, NoSI and 9 others like this.
  16. keptbycats

keptbycats Active Member

I am so very sorry for your loss, Kuro. Your mom sounds like such a wonderful and special person, and someone right after my own heart with her love and care for all the kitties. I am heart broken to read about this tragic accident. I wish you and your family much peace, love and healing. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

MissMalowe, margarita25, NoSI and 8 others like this.
  17. justme11

justme11 Well-Known Member

@Kuro thank you for coming on here and sharing with us. My condolences to you and your family. It sounds like your mom was a wonderful, caring person. From one animal lover to another, she'd be happy to know that you'll continue feeding the kitties. May you be surrounded with love in the days to come.

18. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

Kuro, it was obvious from the start how amazing she was. I can only imagine how much of a huge loss it is. I hate that those questions will feel so huge and make a already difficult situation even harder to deal with. We are here of you need to vent or want us to look into anything for you. You have happened upon more than a thread looking for your mom, you happened upon a community of support. Let us know if we can help (hug)

margarita25, NoSI, AnnaGrace and 7 others like this.
  19. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

So many folks here have said more beautifully my thoughts on your loss, so know that every time you feed her cats she is right there with you.

20. PawneeDew

PawneeDew Well-Known Member

Kuro, So sorry for your loss...((((hugs))))

margarita25, Luckyzmom, Bravo and 2 others like this.