https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Discussion in 'Jessica Ridgeway' started by nursebeeme, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexandra

alexandra Member

MOO, but I thought the brown paper bag (evidence bag)was probably put there by LE to contain the backpack and its contents.

2. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

When I was a very young teen, a father of one of my brothers friends saw me and my friend walking to school. He stopped at the curb and offered us a ride. We obliged, since i knew who he was. Once we got in his car I explained to him that I knew who he was since my brother hung out with his son. He looked so surprised. He then drove us directly to school and dropped us off.
    To this day I have no idea what his intentions were, but I now know it was hella suspicious for him to pick up 2 young girls on their way to school. I think my telling him my brother hung out with his son caused him to only take us to school.
    He just so happened to be a judge. I knew that getting in his car. It was one of the things that caused me to trust him. Go figure! He had no idea who I was nor my friend when he offered us that ride. I now suspect he was just some perv picking up a couple of very young teen girls.
    So when LE is telling us it could be anybody......it could be.

3. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Very good question about white males being the most likely offenders. I have often wondered this. I looked online and there doesn't seem to be any real explanations why this is the case. Would be a good question to ask a profiler.

I will never understand why any male of any race could commit such violent evil acts against an innocent child. The perp must have some kind of history of violent acts against animals if not people and be mentally ill. Brutally murdering a child is not a crime you wake up and decide to do one day. Hopefully the perpetrator has messed up and left some kind of evidence or DNA.

Please continue to keep Jessica's family, friends and community in your thoughts and prayers in the difficult times ahead the unimaginable pain they are in is too heartbreaking to think about.

4. misse1343

misse1343 Member

5. nutkin

nutkin Well-Known Member

Pedophiles murder to silence their victim(s). It is a much different crime than that of a sexually-motivated serial killer.

6. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I haven't come across any children who were murdered in the past 7 years or so by a non-family member who body was found, with the murderer still at large...has anyone else? I am sure there are some, but not finding them. Seems like they are usually caught.

7. NC Analyzer

NC Analyzer Verified Professional - Child Protective Services

I think you are correct about LE not moving the body that far up and past the fence line. I thought about that as soon as I made the post and was going to correct that myself. If it wasn't for the fence though, it is possible that LE examined her inside the culvert for some time and then moved her out to determine if there was anything else inside...but, I agree, moving her past the fence line wouldn't have been practical. They were probably just looking inside the culvert for additional evidence, which would only leave the possibility that she was tossed/placed on the hill or animals drug her up there.

8. Jersey*Girl

Jersey*Girl New Member

Jeezu...left around page 10, returned on page 23, only gone a handful of hours. This is thread #12 so its amazing to me that people here are still banded together trying to stay the course of bringing this azzwipe to justice. Websleuths is simply amazing... Going to catch up...

9. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native - now residing in Jacksonville

10. izzyblizzy

izzyblizzy New Member

11. alexandra

alexandra Member

12. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

13. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Pyrrhonist

For what it's worth, I believe you. I haven't gone back to see if part 1 of the memorial is available yet, but that was really odd that it was not up when the other parts were. I didn't watch it, and now I wish I had.

14. nutkin

nutkin Well-Known Member

Dismemberment can be a forensic counter-measure. People are more aware of leaving evidence. Besides, anything large is easier to move if it can be broken down into smaller parts.

Dismemberment can be a sign of sadism, but it is fairly rare.

15. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

This is awful!
    But I don't think it's related to jessicas case.
    Jmo

16. thess

thess New Member

This post from websleuths (which oddly enough came up in my google image search) contains an aerial still that shows the culvert in relationship to everything else. You can also see the floodlights and other investigative materials (?) set up at the culvert.

Warning: Clicking will take you directly to a post that contains an image, not a link.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8453276&postcount=672"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8[/ame]

17. Jersey*Girl

Jersey*Girl New Member

Re her remains...

I'd like to know the distinct placement of her remains. Le said the remains were found on a hill. Wonder what the coordinates are. Also wonder which direction her backpack was facing when originally found. I wonder if the man that found it remembers...

If the perp is a serial offender, he might mimic a previous pattern of his. If the perp is a first time predator/offender, then he could be setting up a pattern. Hoping le thoroughly documented exact coordinates of each part & each piece of evidence, instead of just Niro g where the evidence was found.

18. miabellamoure

miabellamoure Active Member

Samantha Runion was for me the first child abduction case to really grip me. She was found off of a road I travel often to visit my parents. Long before (as in years) Samantha Runion's body was discovered on Killen Trail, the name itself would always gave me a horrible feeling. Sadly when her killer chose to display her remains on this same trail...I obviously wasn't the only one who felt that way and thankfully, neighbors petitioned to have the street renamed.

Danielle Van Dam is another child abduction that gripped me as well especially to discover how close by her killer was to her and how he intermingled with the search for her.

Makes me wonder which neighbor will be the one who's responsible for Jessica...:(

19. GrainneDhu

GrainneDhu Verified Expert

From a lifetime spent outdoors mostly in plains or high plains areas, I think it all depends.

Under some conditions, drag marks last weeks. Under other conditions, drag marks disappear within minutes.

An experienced tracker (I'm just an amateur) can get an idea of time by moving to a location nearby with similar geography, making similar drag marks and then returning at intervals to see what happens to the known drag marks.

20. sassysleuth

sassysleuth Active Member

You know, we moved here because Denver is supposed to be more family-friendly than Charleston, SC. This is beginning to worry me now...

Going on speculation of course - but what are the chances that this is the guy who killed Jessica? Maybe his mother put two and two together or he suspected she did and he killed her too. I suppose we will find out soon enough. Centennial is a Denver suburb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.