CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awful!
But I don't think it's related to jessicas case.
Jmo

I don't think its related either, but ya never know...maybe momma was suspicious and he thought she was going to turn him in. :waitasec:

I'm very confident that LE will look at him closely.

From a lifetime spent outdoors mostly in plains or high plains areas, I think it all depends.

Under some conditions, drag marks last weeks. Under other conditions, drag marks disappear within minutes.

An experienced tracker (I'm just an amateur) can get an idea of time by moving to a location nearby with similar geography, making similar drag marks and then returning at intervals to see what happens to the known drag marks.

An experienced tracker will also notice things like grass that has been bent or forced down. It doesn't just have to be tracks or drag marks.

You know, we moved here because Denver is supposed to be more family-friendly than Charleston, SC. This is beginning to worry me now...

Going on speculation of course - but what are the chances that this is the guy who killed Jessica? Maybe his mother put two and two together or he suspected she did and he killed her too. I suppose we will find out soon enough. Centennial is a Denver suburb.

Bombs too

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/03/ari_misha_liggett_weird_chemic.php

This post from websleuths (which oddly enough came up in my google image search) contains an aerial still that shows the culvert in relationship to everything else. You can also see the floodlights and other investigative materials (?) set up at the culvert.

Warning: Clicking will take you directly to a post that contains an image, not a link.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Like I said, I did notice that myself, but I would have to believe they were searching for additional evidence in the culvert.

Regarding the discovery of Jessica's backpack & water bottle...has it been said if the backpack and the water bottle were left on the side walk inside the "brown paper bag" that has been shown on the news?

I was just wondering because if so, it reminded me of those CSI evidence bags we saw used in the CA case.

It would seem odd that those items would be left in one of those style paper bags vs. just setting the items un-bagged on the side walk.

The backpack was placed in a paper evidence bag, which the media then filmed nad showed photos of. It was not found inside that bag.

I'm of the feeling that the remains were just dumped. He wanted rid of them.

The backpack was also dumped in the opposite direction, in a populated area. He was trying to throw them off and make them have to immediately start the tedious task of checking that areas RSO's in person.

BOULDER — A man linked to an evacuation of a homeless shelter in Boulder over concern about a potentially toxic chemical has been arrested on a warrant from another county alleging possession of an illegal weapon.

Authorities say the arrest of 21-year-old Ari Misha Liggett was not connected to the evacuation.

Sounds like this young man has a history of mental health problems.

Dismemberment can be a forensic counter-measure. People are more aware of leaving evidence. Besides, anything large is easier to move if it can be broken down into smaller parts.

Dismemberment can be a sign of sadism, but it is fairly rare.

A poster here who works in search and rescue stated yesterday that dismemberment is still done to avoid quick forensics that it really has no affect now. With new DNA technology dismemberment doesn't have a big impact on identification anymore. Criminals just hold onto a hope it does.
(i don't have the link but it was yesterday).

Like I said, I did notice that myself, but I would have to believe they were searching for additional evidence in the culvert.

Oh, I wasn't making any particular conclusion or debate, just providing a link. :) With this culvert stuff I'm pretty much lost and just reading everyone else's speculation. I really can't tell how much clearance there is under the fence, and I'm dubious of animal claims, but yeah, it looks to me like they were definitely focussed secondarily on the culvert.

From a lifetime spent outdoors mostly in plains or high plains areas, I think it all depends.

Under some conditions, drag marks last weeks. Under other conditions, drag marks disappear within minutes.

An experienced tracker (I'm just an amateur) can get an idea of time by moving to a location nearby with similar geography, making similar drag marks and then returning at intervals to see what happens to the known drag marks.

I don't know whether it's the case in Colorado, but there are places in Wyoming and Montana where you can still see ruts left by the wagon trains coming west in the 1880's. When it's dry, marks can last a long time.

I'm also not familiar enough with this site to know if a "former FBI profiler" (i.e., someone who is apparently no longer employed by the FBI) is considered a legit LE source of info, or if he's just someone the media calls up when they need an expert's opinion.

I did find this (the initial FBI profile):

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21751844/fbi-denver-press-release-involving-missing-jessica-ridgeway

And also this quote:

BBM. Again--'former'. (Is this normal for crime reporting?) It's actually (seemingly) impossible to find a direct quote from a currently-employed member of LE on the case saying anything speculative about the killer at all.

(I'm used to discussing other stuff on the 'net where fact and citations are king, so if I seem nitpicky that's why. I don't know if you all consider a former-LEO's consultant-type opinion to be as good as an official statement from the police chief or what. )

Gonna keep looking, though, because this has my curiosity piqued.

Thess, DR. Clint VanZandt is much more than a TV expert pundit. He was a hostage negotiator for the FBI, as well as an abduction victim as a child.

http://www.livesecure.org/how-to-protect-kids-from-predators-and-kidnappers/
How to Protect Kids From Predators and Kidnappers

You know, we moved here because Denver is supposed to be more family-friendly than Charleston, SC. This is beginning to worry me now...

Going on speculation of course - but what are the chances that this is the guy who killed Jessica? Maybe his mother put two and two together or he suspected she did and he killed her too. I suppose we will find out soon enough. Centennial is a Denver suburb.

Took a cruise out of Charleston last winter! Thought the historic places are beautiful! But anyways, I have been in Denver suburbs for about 10 years. And although I am used to a shooting a few times a week in downtown Denver or Aurora, the events of the last couple weeks are NOT normal.

Multiple attempted child abductions/dismembering cases/five people killed and then bar then property set on fire are not normal.

The warrant out for Ari Misha Liggett's arrest didn't mention anything about potentially explosive chemicals. According to Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office bureau chief Bruce Williamson, the Centennial man was wanted for illegal weapons possession -- specifically, a silencer.

But Liggett's arrest at a UPS office yesterday afternoon led to a lengthy drama at a very different location: the Boulder Homeless Shelter.

Thanks for the reply, it helps. So if he was worried about DNA it could mean he is in the system. So he leaves what he feels won't connect him by DNA, that means what does has to be disgraded in a way it destroys any evidence. Perhaps he buried what he had too, or hid. He is not taking any chances and still disgardes her in an disrespectful, contemptable way. He is sending a message. He could have buried her, all of her.

Or, possibly to just tie up loose ends. He wouldn't want DNA on the body, or anywhere near the crime scene , in case the police ever suspect him, and demand a DNA swab. No DNA, makes a conviction a lot harder.

Ok, I remembered it wrong. The backpack was sitting on the sidewalk and the LE put it in the bag. Thank you.

Thank you for understanding my need to correct the info. At first, MSM was reporting the backpack was found in or with the brown paper bag, but they later corrected it.

An experienced tracker will also notice things like grass that has been bent or forced down. It doesn't just have to be tracks or drag marks.

Vegetation that is bent or forced down is what I meant by drag marks!

The warrant out for Ari Misha Liggett's arrest didn't mention anything about potentially explosive chemicals. According to Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office bureau chief Bruce Williamson, the Centennial man was wanted for illegal weapons possession -- specifically, a silencer.

But Liggett's arrest at a UPS office yesterday afternoon led to a lengthy drama at a very different location: the Boulder Homeless Shelter.

This article was published in March 2010.

Or, the obvious question, are there similar unsolved disappearances and/or murders in this area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I spent today trying to answer this question. I wasn't able to find anything similar in Colorado going back to the early 70's.

A few dismemberment cases, but mostly of adults by adults. No children that haven't already been mentioned.

I haven't looked outside the area yet.

I don't claim to have been exhaustive; there might be something out there that I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member