CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a dumb question but what do they mean by light-skinned?

My interpretation is someone of lighter toned skin (on a scale from one being lightest to 10 being darkest, light IMO means shades 1-3), possibly race not apparent. So this IMO could mean a fair to medium, non-tanned Caucasian, a light skinned African American, Latino, or Middle Eastern, or Asian. The simplest way to say this is "light skinned person".

TYPICALLY if the individual is light skinned African American, race will be specified. MOO is that the absence of racial identifier means someone who "looks white" or "looks indistinguishable from white"

I am a Cuban that, apparently, "looks white" to the average bystander (I have learned this from my friends, of course we come in all shades from whitest white to darkest dark.. So this post is not meant to offend anyone of any race, just my interpretation of LE speak for "light skin".

Rebecca Shaeffer.(sp)

Yes! This was it, thank you!

Sorry I know this is OT and probably not related to this case, but it seems like when something tragic like this happens is usually when the laws change for the better - i.e. you can't just find everything about a person from their license place #. I always thought the license plate thing was federal, but maybe it's different from state to state? Could be.

I know it's unlikely but I'll say it anyway... hope today is the day, girls! ETA: oops sorry was on the wrong thread here, thought it was the Liz/Lyric one. My heart's completely with all of these girls! Just didn't want to be confusing. Jessica - I hope today's your day too!

I was thinking possibly light skinned Hispanic or multi racial. I would say even an snowy white caucasion would still be considered caucasion?

Not sure either way.

Kelly

I was taking it as sort of an indeterminate descriptor, as though the victim/witnesses could not describe with great conviction -- just sort of meaning "definitely not really dark-skinned". Maybe even including "not tanned" (since this was in the summer).

My interpretation is someone of lighter toned skin (on a scale from one being lightest to 10 being darkest, light IMO means shades 1-3), possibly race not apparent. So this IMO could mean a fair to medium, non-tanned Caucasian, a light skinned African American, Latino, or Middle Eastern, or Asian. The simplest way to say this is "light skinned person".

TYPICALLY if the individual is light skinned African American, race will be specified. MOO is that the absence of racial identifier means someone who "looks white" or "looks indistinguishable from white"

I am a Cuban that, apparently, "looks white" to the average bystander (I have learned this from my friends, of course we come in all shades from whitest white to darkest dark.. So this post is not meant to offend anyone of any race, just my interpretation of LE speak for "light skin".

Sorry to quote myself, I want to add that I think it also means "we think this person is Caucasian but don't want the public to rule out a light skinned member of a different ethnic group."

Rebecca Schaeffer, who starred on a show called, "My Sister Sam," with Pam Dawber (formerly 'Mindy' of "Mork and Mindy").

The prosecutor of Rebecca's murderer was Marcia Clark.

Rebecca's then-boyfriend at the time of her murder is now actress Amy Brenneman's husband.

Dad was Dommick Dunn

Thanks for explaining this so much better than I could when I was attempting to draft a post. :) Your description fits the people in the area where I live as well, in terms of how skin color/shade might relate to race. I know people who can go from "ghost white" to "vacation tan" in a few days. I took the wording the same way you did - no obvious identifying features from a specific race, but overall relatively light skinned, probably someone that isn't 'dark' but can get darker/tanner pretty easily.

Here's a site that might help you, I wouldn't say who it is or give the addys. You may want to call the tip in if you really feel it's may be something. Wouldn't hurt...and you could be on to something. Let LE rule it out. Here's the link: http://www.411.com/find_neighbors
Thanks, I've been seriously thinking about calling. I never expected it to go anywhere when I started checking on it. I found his name as living there, but it doesn't say when (it also listed 2 others on the site I read). I found evidence that he works, or has worked in real estate in the area, and a construction company with his last name is in Arvada - his name was also "associated" with the person who is listed as the owner. I found a picture, and he looks to be late 20's early 30's but it's a small picture, sandy hair, holding a dead chicken (but it's at a BBQ). He has also been associated with building a housing development in Boulder. I just hate causing trouble for him if it's the wrong guy, he looks pretty normal. :waitasec: I'll think about it overnight.

ANyone post this yet? Probably not a link, except between the chemical thing (jogger) and dismemberment... Different part of town, except I don't know where he lived. He did have some time in Boulder, and Westminster is close to that.

CENTENNIAL, Colo., Oct. 18 (UPI) -- Colorado police said a young man reported missing this week was in jail Thursday after a dismembered body was found in his car.

Ari Liggett, 24, of Centennial was locked up Wednesday after unidentified body parts were found in the back seat of his vehicle following a short pursuit and crash in Greenwood Village.

Police told the Denver Post the female remains had not been positively identified; however, both Liggett and his mother, Beverly Liggett, 56, had been reported missing by family members earlier in the week.

Detectives from the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department said credit card records revealed Liggett or his mom had been in the Western Slope area of Colorado early Tuesday. A search of the home turned up what was suspected to be potassium cyanide.

The Post said Liggett and potential poisons have been in the news before. Liggett received a suspended sentence for a 2010 incident in which he checked into a homeless shelter with a suitcase containing suspicious chemicals.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...arts-in-car/UPI-68261350579842/#ixzz29hcZIK9l

This is the case PD think may be related: http://kwgn.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

http://kwgn.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

A 22-year-old woman was jogging along a trail near Ketner Lake in Westminster Monday afternoon when a man grabbed her from behind and tried to put a chemical-soaked rag over her mouth, police said this afternoon.

The woman was able to fight herself free, run away and quickly call 911 on her cell phone, police said.

The assault happened at about 1:15 p.m.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Maybe police found some forensic evidence that chemicals were used to subdue JR. That could be why they think there is a connection between these two events.

OT...You know speaking of shows like Dexter, I don't think they should be allowed at all. They give the criminally insane ideas and may be another reason why these horrible crimes are up. The producers hold no responsibility and should be held accountable if anyone uses their shows and movies as outlines of not only how to kill, but how to get away with it. I know people follow that show and has a big fan base, maybe why people are so insensitive to the value of a human life.

except Dexter hates and only kills serial killers. I don't think this show will cause more serial killers, they are going to be that way regardless. there are many, many more video games and movies that are much more gory that Dexter.

You know, that's exactly what Bundy was trying to say. Back then it was true crime magazines and *advertiser censored* mags (think bondage). He said that is the problem, it starts the fantasy, which is where it all begins.

I also agree with you. Every defense attorney I have met agrees. All the CSI type shows (don't know what Dexter is) tell people what to do and what not to do. Of course, a few learn while in jail from each other too.

ETA: Looked up Dexter, and making a serial killer villain the hero is not helpful.

I don't believe Ted Bundy for one second. He showed evil signs as young as 4 years of age way before he say violent movies or *advertiser censored*. His relative work up in the middle of a circle of knives pointing towards her body with Bundy starting and laughing evilly at her. Bundy wants an excuse. He's a huge liar as we all saw during his trial. He just doesn't want to accept the blame. I don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth

ANyone post this yet? Probably not a link, except between the chemical thing (jogger) and dismemberment... Different part of town, except I don't know where he lived. He did have some time in Boulder, and Westminster is close to that.

CENTENNIAL, Colo., Oct. 18 (UPI) -- Colorado police said a young man reported missing this week was in jail Thursday after a dismembered body was found in his car.

Ari Liggett, 24, of Centennial was locked up Wednesday after unidentified body parts were found in the back seat of his vehicle following a short pursuit and crash in Greenwood Village.

Police told the Denver Post the female remains had not been positively identified; however, both Liggett and his mother, Beverly Liggett, 56, had been reported missing by family members earlier in the week.

Detectives from the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department said credit card records revealed Liggett or his mom had been in the Western Slope area of Colorado early Tuesday. A search of the home turned up what was suspected to be potassium cyanide.

The Post said Liggett and potential poisons have been in the news before. Liggett received a suspended sentence for a 2010 incident in which he checked into a homeless shelter with a suitcase containing suspicious chemicals.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...arts-in-car/UPI-68261350579842/#ixzz29hcZIK9l

They have said Liggett is cleared re: JR

In the link about the joggers, 2 things stood out to me. Both were attacked in July. The article later states "Police note Monday afternoon was a busy time at Ketner Lake and they hope someone may have noticed the suspect" July 4 week would not be a giant leap. July 4 in 2012 was a Wed.

I think he does live with someone. They travel on hoidays with possibly taking a weeklong vacation in July and he has time alone at home. I lean toward parents. But thats another IMHO.

Kelly

While the PD statement today seems somewhat tenative about a link .... I am reading it as a positive sign that they are connecting some dots that "work" together and just maybe are on the verge of putting it all together.
This saying comes to mind .... the hounds have picked up the scent and are on the trail of the fox.

Just one comment about the bag; and I am not seeking to rehash on that. First, I have no link nor do I recall whether I heard or read this - so I am going to label it as MOO. I too recall that there was a report of the BP and at a later time, either that day or next there was a report of a paper bag found somewhere in that same neighborhood. Never heard any more on it. Could have been one in the same BP/paper bag or could have been a separate bag. I just really do not recall the details but I do recall that a bag report came at a later point in time - because I remember thinking..... are things scattered about the area.

Anywho, that said.... I am feeling very positive that LE is getting closer. Hope people will report anything they think of with the new time parameters.

I heard about the show from other people who said they loved it, and since I really enjoy the actor who plays Dexter, from watching Six Feet Under, I thought I'd give it a go and watch it. But it only took about 3 episodes or so and it just really turned me off. I just couldn't watch it. And it's the same with horror movies, too. I went with a girlfriend to the 2nd 'Hostel' movie... we hadn't seen the first one and thought it was a suspense/thriller. We were in for a shock!! It was horrid and we walked out in the first 20 minutes. What was crazy was that we were sitting next to a guy who was there with his son who looked no older than 15. WTH?? I just don't understand watching murder for entertainment...

I personally love the show Dexter. These serial killers and child rapists if they ever even get caught get to sit in prison with health care and 3 meals a day for the rest of their lives. I think it's a different line of thought that finally these horrible evil murders are now the ones hunted and they get to experience the fear that they inflict on their own victims. We have all seen how fast the perps will give away secrets to LE to save their butt from the death penalty, they are obviously scared to death of dying. How many family's of the victims deep down wish something horrible would happen to the person that murdered their child? Probably a lot of them. Sometimes I do wish murders had a more painful way of life or death than what they do now, it's just not fair. So I think that is the appeal of this show. Not the murdering, which by the way really isn't gory. I've seen worse in movies and TV shows.

Now for Hostel... I saw the 1st one and wanted to vomit. Horrible!!! Never saw any of the others. Just sickening. Now this is the gore and torture that perps probably enjoy watching

The WPD is inquiring about an incident that occurred on May 28, 2012....

"Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

Police asking public if they have information that could link the Ketner Lake incident on Memorial Day (05-28-12) "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member