CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think it's someone who's experienced recent trauma. Maybe he himself wasn't familiar to Jessica, but his image didn't inspire fear. I don't see him gloating at all. He hates himself. moo

I think he inwardly hates himself but is too arrogant to admit it. I don't know about recent trauma...maybe he did experience that, but I don't get that feel. I can see him experiencing childhood trauma.

I think he has been attempting these abductions for a while. I'm going out on a limb to suggest he's impotent.

I don't see him as being friendly....maybe I should say, I don't think he has lots of friends. He may be engaging but strange.

I see him as weak. But, as you know, I could be totally wrong.

Did you guys see this? I saw it the other day and thought it was interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-provides-vital-clue.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Tuft of blonde hair discovered in field across from where Jessica was discovered...remember we heard they were back out there looking a couple of days ago. I realize it could not even be human but thought it was interesting.

Before anyone says anything about the dailymail...I don't know how they do it but they have become more and more reliable about reporting info from the states. They have come up a few steps in my regard for their reporting although I still take it with a grain of salt. I have noticed though that they will often have the info before prominent media here in the US have it. Just noting what I've observed..:twocents: .

Yep, news from yesterday or maybe Sunday, still being tested as far as official sources go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-provides-vital-clue.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Tuft of blonde hair discovered in field across from where Jessica was discovered...remember we heard they were back out there looking a couple of days ago. I realize it could not even be human but thought it was interesting.

Before anyone says anything about the dailymail...I don't know how they do it but they have become more and more reliable about reporting info from the states. They have come up a few steps in my regard for their reporting although I still take it with a grain of salt. I have noticed though that they will often have the info before prominent media here in the US have it. Just noting what I've observed..:twocents: .

I would say they are accurate in as far as the blonde hair, if Jessica's, could be a vital clue. And you can bet LE is testing it. They have confirmed as much.

Working in the online gaming industry, I sort of bristle at the "online gamer" stereotype, as it is now a very common pastime for all ages. That said, I'm still not even sure what you're getting at. There's a site called Fitocracy where you perform tasks (exercise) in real life, report back and level up/get virtual rewards (little badges that go on your online profile). Lots of "traditional" gamers on there who are now thankfully getting exercise. There are also reward sites where you earn points for real life tasks for things like scanning product barcodes (to prove you were at a given store) or reviewing products.

Generally speaking, a traditional "massively multiplayer", slay-the-dragons type game like World of Warcraft (the most prominent source of the stereotype) does not have real life components where you need to "prove" something, no.

Thess, I think they were talking more along the lines of what we discovered when Zahra was killed. Not at all like what you're talking about. Let me see if I can find some links to refer you to. It was not good. Hold on and if I can keep internet access long enough I'll be back.

I have a photoshop I did comparing the 2007 Pattridge Coal graffiti cross (pages 9 and 8) (http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2007/06/17/pattridge-coal/) to the actual cross found.

Can I send it to anyone to upload here? I have no url for it, just a file.

I really do think it's a good lead. If that cross is important to him, he may have been the one who tagged it on the old mine (back in 2007) where he left her remains (in 2012).

eta: Well, I got it into my siggie, so that gives a good idea of it.

Very interesting...I´v been researching the photographer of that cross and find him, indeed, interesting.

You can send the image to me on skovpriv@hotmail.com and I will post it for you.

The tuft of hair was found in Pattridge Park, but roughly a mile away from where the body was found.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but thought I'd give the answer. In the upper right corner of the post you can see the join date and number of posts. The poster has been registered since Aug 2011 and has close to 1,700 posts. Not a new poster.
Now that this has all settled down, I wanted to help you out a bit on it. You weren't totally wrong about the date and post count. You had accidentally (I assume!) looked at imnotagolem's stats on the welcoming post.
I've been thinking about the cross too, among other things. I'm wondering if this guy has an OCD problem that partially centers around the number 3. Three lines on each side of the cross, 3 day weekends, 3 crime scenes (3rd one not found yet - abduction site, murder site and drop site), 3 "dump" sites (blood and whatever else was discarded at the murder site, the BP and Pattridge Park). The thing that worries me is that if both joggers at Ketner and the little boy were his victims, then Jessica would mean number 4. That could mean that he's completed his "3 attempted abductions" and now he's started on his "3 murders." One other that is pretty morbid would be if the body was "dismembered" and he had it in 6 pieces (2 sets of 3), which would be a head & 2 arms, and a torso & 2 legs. I also suspect that she may have been killed 3 days after she was taken (or her body was dumped after 3 days).

In addition to the recurring number 3, other signs of OCD could be: neatly folding the clothes after murdering someone, placing them into the backpack and neatly placing that on the sidewalk. There were some others, but I think my fever has burnt out my memory.

Thess, I think they were talking more along the lines of what we discovered when Zahra was killed. Not at all like what you're talking about. Let me see if I can find some links to refer you to. It was not good. Hold on and if I can keep internet access long enough I'll be back.

I did some quick googling myself, sounds like it was some chat client with avatars? I have thoughts but I'm sure they were well covered at the time. (In short, evil people with online games or tools are still just evil people.)

https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

Date – October 23, 2012

JOINT PRESS RELEASE BY:
WESTMINSTER POLICE DEPARTMENT & METRO DENVER CRIME STOPPERS

The Westminster Police Department has received calls and emails from people and businesses across the country asking if they can contribute money to a reward fund. Some people want their donations to be used as a reward for information leading to the identification and apprehension of the person responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgway. A reward has not been offered at the time of this press release as law enforcement works with Crime Stoppers to collect donations and determine what level of reward could be available at a future date.

Westminster police, working with Metro Denver Crime Stoppers has established a reward account dedicated for this purpose. There are several ways you can contribute to this account.

Contributions can be made at any Wells Fargo Bank & the Crime Stoppers website:

• Simply donate to the Jessica Ridgeway Benefit Donation Reward Account at any Wells Fargo Bank (9957483077)
• Wire money to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. 420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (routing number: 121000248 account number: 9957483077) Beneficiary: Crime Stoppers Program, Inc.
• By check: Crime Stoppers c/o Justice for Jessica, PO Box 40965, Denver, CO 80204 Memo line: Jessica Ridgeway Reward
• Online at: www.metrodenvercrimestoppers.com

Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is a non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductable. “Tips received over the years have solved a countless number of crimes and it is our hope that a tip will help put our community at ease and bring justice for Jessica and her family,” said Mike Mills, president of Metro Denver Crime Stoppers.
If you have any questions regarding the Jessica Ridgeway investigation please contact Investigator Trevor Materasso. Questions regarding Crime Stoppers and the designated reward account can be directed to Metro Denver Crime Stoppers President, Mike Mills at 303-210-2100 or through email: mjm@rpmparking.com

Authorities urge the public to continue providing tips and information with the police department at 303-658-4336 or by email: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us . Police recognize some tipsters may feel the need to remain anonymous. If anonymity is important, you can provide information directly through Crime Stoppers by calling 720-913-STOP (7867). Crime Stoppers can also receive email tips and text tips. For more information go to their website at: www.metrodenvercrimestoppers.com. Due to the direct connection between the Ketner Lake attempted abduction on May 28, 2012 and the Jessica Ridgeway murder, this special account will apply to information that helps solve either case.

www.metrodenvercrimestoppers.com

www.facebook.com/MetroCrimeStoppers

Background information: The mission statement of Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is to increase the safety of the Metro Denver community by assisting Law Enforcement Agencies in identifying and arresting criminal suspects through anonymous tips. In addition, the Crime Stoppers program provides community education outreach related to crime prevention. Metro Denver Crime Stoppers gives the people the opportunity to provide information without directly speaking to police or testifying in court. Investigators need witnesses to help prove their case in court, but most importantly they need information that allows them to focus in on a suspect or a criminal. For more information visit the Crime Stoppers website.

###

Working in the online gaming industry, I sort of bristle at the "online gamer" stereotype, as it is now a very common pastime for all ages. That said, I'm still not even sure what you're getting at. There's a site called Fitocracy where you perform tasks (exercise) in real life, report back and level up/get virtual rewards (little badges that go on your online profile). Lots of "traditional" gamers on there who are now thankfully getting exercise. There are also reward sites where you earn points for real life tasks for things like scanning product barcodes (to prove you were at a given store) or reviewing products.

Generally speaking, a traditional "massively multiplayer", slay-the-dragons type game like World of Warcraft (the most prominent source of the stereotype) does not have real life components where you need to "prove" something, no.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who plays internet games or works in the production side of these games. I have taught students in the past who have seemed to have an all-consuming interest in whatever game they were currently involved playing to the point of discussing game strategy during class. Several years ago there was a very popular Civil War game that some of my students seemed glued to plotting "what if" strategies for various battles. I consider that a great learning opportunity. However, just as there are in all aspects of life, there could be people who could be interested in much more darker topics for games. My opinion is that living in today's world, if there is a desire for something horrible, someone will fulfill that desire. The way the evidence has been found in this case, it just seems to me to resemble a game for the despicable person who killed this little girl.

I remember wasn't it IMNV or something like that? The site has chat features & yes, I joined during the Zahra Baker case to see what evil step-mom & dad were doing there. I didn't get very far except picked out a skimpy black outfit, tried to decorate a room (boring) & never joined in chat with anyone. They were into the Goth/Vampire roll playing.

There are some very similar cross pendants on ebay. Also, a keychain one that looks very very similar.

I think he inwardly hates himself but is too arrogant to admit it. I don't know about recent trauma...maybe he did experience that, but I don't get that feel. I can see him experiencing childhood trauma.

I think he has been attempting these abductions for a while. I'm going out on a limb to suggest he's impotent.

I don't see him as being friendly....maybe I should say, I don't think he has lots of friends. He may be engaging but strange.

I see him as weak. But, as you know, I could be totally wrong.

Recent trauma, like the Aurora shootings? Or something more personal?

When you say "recent" trauma, would it encompass the range of time to include the May attempted abduction of the jogger?

I don't know. I just have this feeling he's 'mental' and is having some kind of break with reality. He's acting out the demons inside. I'm not up on the psych labels, but this guy has one. (besides the obvious)

It really depends on the person. IMO most of the time they go about their regular business. If LE has their DNA but still don't know who they are, they're still pretty anonymous. DNA only helps LE if they can match it to a known person.

right. it's just that i get the sense that things are falling into place. LE starts figuring things out and the dominoes fall. i think they are close to knowing who he is, and he may sense that.

I just use a velcro armband that fits an i-pod or mp3 player. just like you'd wear to the gym. its very secure and if you don't want someone to see it on you then you can attach it to your ankle (so your pants cover it, but it is still in reach). The panic button does not protrude so it is next to impossible to accidentally push it. In fact I have never done that. But when you do push it they answer and already have your location. I'm glad you got one!

I mean no disrespect to anyone who plays internet games or works in the production side of these games. I have taught students in the past who have seemed to have an all-consuming interest in whatever game they were currently involved playing to the point of discussing game strategy during class. Several years ago there was a very popular Civil War game that some of my students seemed glued to plotting "what if" strategies for various battles. I consider that a great learning opportunity. However, just as there are in all aspects of life, there could be people who could be interested in much more darker topics for games. My opinion is that living in today's world, if there is a desire for something horrible, someone will fulfill that desire. The way the evidence has been found in this case, it just seems to me to resemble a game for the despicable person who killed this little girl.

I won't lie and pretend there aren't violent and graphic games--there are, just like there are violent and graphic movies. But as far as a game that rewards the player for proven real life evil deeds--no, the media would be all over that. But there are very general tools (chat rooms, mailing lists, forums like this one) that can be made private, and anyone could make up whatever "game" they wanted, like the game threads here. But to me that's different from an online game that is developed/marketed/sold as a game, it's just people abusing a generic online communication tool (again, such as forums, or chat rooms).

To me it's the difference between, say, two serial killers writing each other letters pre-Internet, vs Hasbro marketing a board game where the objective was to kill someone. If I'm even understanding what you're proposing. :)

Sorry for long-windedness.

FWIW, my children got wooden crosses similar to the cross at the crime scene during their retreat before making their First Communions. Their crosses look cheaper however. Here is a link to what they were given by the Church. There's is "A"

http://www./browse.cfm/inexpensive-wood-cross-pendant-on-adjustable-cords/4,8177.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong