CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #24 *GUILTY PLEA*

'There must be darkness present for the light to shine through'...
"Good triumphs Evil"..

Remembering Jessica Ridgeway, a girl passionate about purple who loved butterflies and her family

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...t-purple-who-loved-butterflies-and-her-family

jessica-ridgeway-640x480_1349903954005_284748_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Prosecutor: It wasn't something his mother did to him. It wasn't something his mother did or didn't do.

I feel terrible for his mother. What a painful burden to have to carry as a mother. I have 3 sons. I really feel for her. I just can't imagine her pain.

Countless lives will be saved getting this one monster locked up for his remaining years. That will have to be the good that came out of this. That will have to be our comfort.

Rest in Peace, dear Jessica. I will remember all YOUR LOVE for your Family and Friends, and I will remember you as FOREVER BEAUTIFUL.

JESSICA
angel-smiley-027.gif

Mixed emotions; happy about the sentence, glad that Jessica and her family received a semblance of closure and Justice, sad by what JR went through and that it could not have been prevented, optimistic that the awareness created and lessons learned will prevent other tragedies in the future..

and then I see this; AURORA, Colo. - Aurora Police said they have found an 8-year-old girl who was reported missing early Tuesday morning.

She was last seen on Sable Boulevard near Gateway High School.

The child attends school at Jewell Elementary, about 0.7 miles away.

The girl's mother told police it was the first time the girl had been allowed to walk to school, and she planned to follow her daughter to make sure she arrived safely. But the girl left earlier than expected, and took a detour to a friend's house, her mother said.

The girl's mother reported her missing when she didn't find the girl walking along the expected route''

UPDATED: The little girl who disappeared this morning in Aurora has been found. Click here for details:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/aurora-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old-girl

I take great joy in moving this to recently sentenced and beyond. I am so glad that Jessica's family was not put thru a trial and having to hear the other details the judge mentioned in his sentencing address.

"Once we walk out of this courtroom, we’ll not remember his name, we’ll only remember Jessica and the legacy she created and the lasting project in which she inspired," Sarah Ridgeway said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/home

I just read that when Austin Sigg's DNA was compared to DNA on the backpack and the victim in the park, it did not match. I wonder how that happened! Apparently Sigg thought it would be a match and decided that it was better to confess than have the police choose when to arrest him, but in reality he had been cleared as a suspect.

I just read that when Austin Sigg's DNA was compared to DNA on the backpack and the victim in the park, it did not match. I wonder how that happened! Apparently Sigg thought it would be a match and decided that it was better to confess than have the police choose when to arrest him, but in reality he had been cleared as a suspect.

Whoa. Totally missed this. It flies in the face of what I thought I knew.

Whoa. Totally missed this. It flies in the face of what I thought I knew.

I had to read it several times, but on page four of the linked pdf, it says that the DNA was not a match. Something must have gone wrong when they collected the DNA.

What's even weirder, is, unless I'm reading it wrong, the DNA found on the backpack AND from the jogger incident *were a match* to each other. Just not AS? :waitasec: So did he somehow intentionally plant not-his-own-but-someone-else's DNA in both instances?

What's even weirder, is, unless I'm reading it wrong, the DNA found on the backpack AND from the jogger incident *were a match* to each other. Just not AS? :waitasec: So did he somehow intentionally plant 'not-his-own-but-someone-else's DNA in both instances?

could have been incomplete

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyshtqRTc5U"]Austin Sigg Sentencing. Day 1. Part 1. Partial - YouTube[/ame]

this is when he actually panicked. when LE released the dna match to the park.. before that he was cool as a cucumber

above at around 27:11 is info about the cheerleader outfit and also some objection about a picture (could have been on his cell phone? hard to tell)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back