CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wrote the first paragraph that ends in "come and get it"? That sounds odd...unfriendly.

apparently the guy who found the backpack didn't realize that it was related to the disappearance and was just telling parents on the listserv that the backpack was on the sidewalk and to come and get it. When he realized that Jessica Ridgeway was the name of the missing child, he contacted police immediately.

As I live in the area, and am a member of the listserve, I'd like to share the email regarding the backpack that I received in my inbox. I have removed all identifying information. Timestamps are Mountain Time Zone.

x - Victim's Body Found
1 - Culvert
2 - Fence pole
3 - Fallen Tree
4 - Abandoned building
5 - Abandoned buildings of the Leyden Mine Shaft #3 - local teen hangout
6 - Pullover

backpack_email_zpsfafaf185.jpg

body_location_013_zps278e94cf.jpg

Thank you, Zola and welcome to WS! :welcome: I'm so sorry this is happening in your neighborhood. Thank you for sharing the above information.

Thank you very much Zola. It also clears up the confusion I was having as to when the backpack was seen by at least this individual.

Was going to say this in the other thread......my imagination I'm sure is running wild but between some posters believing they saw legs that weren't decomposed..and the FBI spokesman talking about garages and vehicles.....my fear is that she was tortured and kept alive for several days and only recently killed. I obviously watch too much Criminal Minds. I hope and pray I'm wrong for the poor baby's sake and her family.

Nancy's sources are telling her that body parts are missing, and that the body has been hacked up.

As I live in the area, and am a member of the listserve, I'd like to share the email regarding the victim's backpack that I received in my inbox. I have removed all identifying information. Time-stamps are Mountain Time Zone.

The backpack may have been sitting on the sidewalk for 20 hours before the police found it at approximately 3:10pm.

x - Victim's Body Found
1 - Culvert
2 - Fence pole
3 - Fallen Tree
4 - Abandoned building
6 - Pullover

Please note the similarities between the two locations: fence; no windows overlooking street; identical roof-line.

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

THANK YOU for sharing this. I was wondering where the 'come and get it' came from. Now it makes sense. I was thinking the perp left a note that said 'come and get it', or something to that effect. Now I can move on from trying to figure that one out.

And thanks for the photo comparison. Wow. So many similarities. Eerie... Don't know what to make of it.

NG is saying "we know the body was hacked up".....

LE has not said that have they? We dont know how or why the body was not "intact".

This may be graphic...

but could there be portions of individuals... But they belong to separate deceased people?

thus.. The inability to ID?

Just a thought based on no facts...

From the other thread... weird timing. I saw something like this on the news last night. The "Speed Freak" killers: http://www.kcra.com/news/Bone-may-c...rs/-/11797728/16945430/-/uawhhwz/-/index.html

Snippet from the article.

The remains of Joann Hobson, who disappeared in 1985 at age 16, were mixed in with at least two other victims as a result of the police excavation of the Linden well earlier this year, according to an independent report made public Wednesday by the victim's mother, Joan Shelley.

<snip>

Rinek took Hobson's remains to a lab in Chico.

In essence I got the impression that Hobson's Mom took the remains in to be tested, just to be sure, and they found at least two others. Horrible. Thank goodness for the Mom who took the time to have the remains tested. As awful as it is, at least two other families will get some kind of answers/closure.

As I live in the area, and am a member of the listserve, I'd like to share the email regarding the victim's backpack that I received in my inbox. I have removed all identifying information. Time-stamps are Mountain Time Zone.

The backpack may have been sitting on the sidewalk for 20 hours before the police found it at approximately 3:10pm.

x - Victim's Body Found
1 - Culvert
2 - Fence pole
3 - Fallen Tree
4 - Abandoned building
6 - Pullover

Please note the similarities between the two locations: fence; no windows overlooking street; identical roof-line.

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

Nothing at all in the email on the listserve about a backpack. Does anyone else find that strange? I could certainly get very carried away with this, so I'll just stop now. But dang if this isn't strange!

I was going through old links:
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

How bizarre (IMO):

"The intersection where the backpack was found is only a few feet away from the home where Stephanie Rochester killed her 6-month-old son, Rylan, in June 2010 by placing blankets and a plastic bag over his head.

She was found not guilty by reason of insanitylast January and was sentenced to the state mental hospital until she is found to no longer be a threat."

Will someone please post a link to livestream of the presser? Thanks.

NG isn't "live" and probably doesn't have the most current information on the search.

Oh. Dear. God.
I just got home from work. No access to news all day.
So they are saying it was a partial body found?
How incredibly horrible! For her, for all who loved her.
This animal not only took her and did God knows what,
but then he desecrates the body too?
There is no prison bad enough for this animal!
Anyone want to bullet point me on the main things for the day?
Have they said whether it was Jessica or not? What about the blue car in NH?
I don't have the heart to go back and reread when it was announced.
And I thought my heart was broken last night...

whoops, I was never good at decimals. LOL

No worries, JodyMT, considering that there is 100,000 persons missing/unaccounted in the USA(actual number unknown), and others; runaways, prostitutes, deep sixing, etc. The percentages are at best fuzzy math...
Too many cold cases to get an accurate count...

Stranger sexual predators may go for years or decades before arrest. The FBI Serial Killer Iniative 2009 already has 500 victims & 200 POIs & Suspected Serial Killers identified..
When serial killer Dexter Todd Lee was being investigated in LA, the task force accidentally ran across Sean Vincent Gillis, a serial killer that had yet to be discovered. The FBI estimates 35 to 50 serial killers active in the US at any given time. This very conservative estimate was made before the definition of serial killer was lowered from three victims to two in 2005...
The number of absconded RSO's is estimated to be between 80,000 & 100,000 & prisons are releasing them by the thousands weekly..

The Silent epidemic of missing/murdered persons continues to escalate..

Zola..is your thought with the comparison pic that the perp may have thought he was leaving the backpack in the same spot J was kidnapped from?

When has Nancy Grace ever displayed couth or decency? She is Nancy DISGrace if you ask me - utter disgrace to investigative journalism and the entire field of journalism and media. She burns me up. :furious:

Have not watched her for a very long time for this very reason. Just don't understand. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member