CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement reported that the victim was abducted somewhere between her home and Chelsea Park (3 blocks). IMHO, the perpetrator(s) abducted her at Chelsea Park, as there are no houses with a direct view overlooking that location. (See lower right-hand image).

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

Thank you for explaining. Makes sense!

I can't make any sense out of the posts I'm reading here ... what exactly is being discussed?

can you link to that post in the scanner thread? I have suspicions about what you're referring to but I also believe strongly that it's an adult male living a double life. I'd like more info about the other possibilities so I can ponder.

I'm referring to info that was received in the very beginning, it can be located in the scanner thread but I have not seen in MSM.

I had just though the placement and abduction were convenient in that there weren't many witness opportunities. but now I wonder, was the placement of the backpack somehow a replication of the site of the abduction? some kind of map, or reference?

Thank you for explaining. Makes sense!

I know it is horrible that this is probably Jessica and that she seemingly was left to be found...but the alternative of never being found has to be worse, IMO. I really can't imagine how parents bear it when they never have their child back at all.

I'm sort of convinced (for now) that the 'hacking' aspect is not altogether accurate. I would think if that were the case, the killer would have left a plethora of evidence and/or a trail. I would think a dismemberment case would better be accomplished by an experienced hunter used to (excuse the wording because it bothers me to write it) butchering his game in a 'tidy' manner. Does that make sense? That would be my guess if the perp is someone from the neighborhood...just my humble opinion and I hope I have not offended or crossed a line by explaining this. The whole thing makes me so sad and sick. Anyway, I'd suggest looking at hunters.

can you link to that post in the scanner thread? I have suspicions about what you're referring to but I also believe strongly that it's an adult male living a double life. I'd like more info about the other possibilities so I can ponder.

Read the link to "rewind summary" in first post in current thread

I doubt WBG will- involves to many no-nos...

You guys can discuss what is posted in the Scanner Forum, you just can't quote the transcriptions. Linking to it and speculating on what it might be about is fine.

Personally, I like it better when you guys discuss it in the Scanner Forum to prevent rumors, but as long as you guys are making it clear that you are discussing a transcription, it's fine.

Such an adorable sweet girl...WHY??????????? I love the picture of her walking a dog...if that is her puppy I know he misses her so much. I am too sad!

Oh my gosh thank you for these. What a sweet girl.

I'm curious and I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a search and didn't see it. Does anyone know her connection with Hollister California, from the sweatshirt she's wearing in the dog walking picture? Recent visit? Just happens to like the shirt? It's not all that far from me and I could swear I heard about an abduction there not too long ago. I'll look it up if anyone thinks it's even remotely important... I tend to think it's not, but wanted to ask.

Not to mention... it's not exactly legal to abduct and kill a child and do horrible things to them. I know we don't know for sure who this victim is yet but we know it's someone's loved one, and something very upsetting has happened to them.

I have to think someone who would do something so horrible wouldn't care much about driving without a license, or temporarily "borrowing" a vehicle (with or without permission, aka stealing but returning it before someone noticed it missing). I just don't see this coldhearted awful person thinking "oops gotta wait a few months to get my license so I can legally drive and abduct a child." That could even apply to adults with suspended licenses, never bothered to get a license, etc.

I'm not sleuthing anyone. I'm new to this thread and don't even know what minors anyone might be talking about (and no offense but don't wanna know so no one gets sidetracked sleuthing them even accidentally). Just MOO about the driver's license status and/or having access to a vehicle.

Hmmmm sparked a thought, I wonder if anyone noticed their vehicle parked "funny." As in "I swore I parked on the left side of the driveway but maybe I parked it on the right side and forgot." Or "huh, I don't remember getting that new scented air freshener but maybe my husband/wife did it to be nice"? I dunno... far fetched maybe. A small detail that could be important, though?

I think you're right about the mentality of someone who would abduct and kill a child not caring if they were of driving age or had a license.

However, when I remember learning to drive, there was a definite learning curve involved. It took practice to get good enough in the big school parking lot before my mom would let me drive down a quiet street. It took even more practice at slow speeds before I was comfortable going faster.

Now, keep in mind that I learned to drive when Dee-troit still believed in sheet metal and I was learning on a car with a 455 hp engine. In other words, bigger and heavier than any passenger car made today (and I adored that car). Maybe it is easier with today's smaller vehicles.

My point, anyway, is that whoever did this must be able to drive well enough to fit in as a driver. Doesn't arouse any suspicions from the way he's driving.

It is possible that this is some ranch kid who learned to drive his family's old beat up pickup truck when he was 12 but I think that is unlikely.

I think it has to be someone who has had enough access to a vehicle to not arouse suspicion.

I'm curious and I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a search and didn't see it. Does anyone know her connection with Hollister California, from the sweatshirt she's wearing in the dog walking picture? Recent visit? Just happens to like the shirt? It's not all that far from me and I could swear I heard about an abduction there not too long ago. I'll look it up if anyone thinks it's even remotely important... I tend to think it's not, but wanted to ask.

Hollister is a branded store. So they sell lots of shirts like that. Think "old Navy".

Is it ok to discuss that there is reason to believe J stopped somewhere else on the way to school to change into "teen" type clothes? That where she stopped may be a clue into how and why she was accessible to an abductor and never met up with her walking buddies?
Please advise on whether it's ok to discuss as I have more to wonder about and will if it's ok to.
Thanks.

It's a popular clothing company. http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/w...12552&categoryId=12631&parentCategoryId=12631

Sorry, not trying to be myterious, I just wasn't sure what was acceptable to mention here. With the lack of news this evening I have gone back over some info that came in intially over the scanner thread. With the remarks made by the FBI at the presser and my theory that this is a local male Jessica would have been familiar with...my mind is racing with the discrepancies early on.

I don't think it's a sweatshirt connected to the town, but the very popular clothing line which is in every hip mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member