CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone has a right to post/disagree/agree.
Prima is right, in other words you can not expect other people to take care of your kids and you should be available in case of emergency. Yes it is a shame that they can not walk a short distance to school and that is the way it is today.
The perp is to blame no doubt, we all know that.
But I do feel that what is being said about that father walking his son to school is ridiculous.Do we absolutely know that he was responsible for Jessica? Do we know that?

Yes, you are right. The perp would know what was in it. :furious:
Just sick. Bad enough she was murdered.. the dismemberment is just on a different level.
Thanks.

Reading through posts, trying to catch up. Someone described the scene where the victim was found as, being very bloody. I had not seen that mentioned before and I can not find the post to quote. Just can't get that statement out of my head. Anyone else recall info of what sight looked like???

OKAY - STOP blaming mom for letting Jessica walk to school. KIDS should be able to walk to school. LAY OFF the dad that did the driving. LE has given NO indication, in anyway, that there is even the smallest hint of suspicion in his regard - so LAY OFF!

Discuss the facts, MSM and LE info. STOP speculating about innocent people and stop trying to lay blame where NONE should be laid.

And DO NOT QUOTE posts that violate TOS or any of the rules in this or the first few posts. By quoting and adding your 2 cents, you contribute to a derailing of the thread and more work for the mods. Alert the post and move on. Don't respond, don't quote, just move past it, please.

If you have questions, send the MODS a pm.

Thank you everybody!

Salem (and NursebeeMe and Beach)

There will be a media briefing at 4 PM, Westminster Police

I had also thought that the bag was left on the sidewalk, probably with her clothes and glasses in it, because the location was in the opposite direction from where her body was found. Sierra Lamar's purse was also placed in the opposite direction. I think it is conceivable that the perp - whether someone close to Jessica, or a complete stranger, stupidly thought that since the bag was placed in the opposite direction of the body, it would cause LE to focus in that area, and delay the discovery of the actual body. Just a thought....

Can someone point me to the news article where they stated they located her glasses? I only read her backpack (they didn't specify contents) and her water bottle. Thank you!

Some dingleberry? Or the abductor??

Some dingleberry tweeted the WY Suspect info and attached Jessica's hashtag. Then people started re-tweeting it. And that folks, is how quickly misinformation and rumors spread!!

For whatever reason the MSM tweet was deleted. They took it down for some reason so let's just forget anyone ever saw it, okay? ;)

That tweet could cause mass confusion and totally derail us if it is in error, so sit tight a bit longer.

Moving along now... lol

I'm unfamiliar with Twitter and I keep seeing a lot of tweets appear and then disappear. Some then reappear. I must be doing something wrong?

I get excited when I see something interesting tweeted, and then feel bad when I can't find it again!

A good rule of thumb to follow for twitter - only post the tweets from MSM affiliates (ie newspaper/radio stations/news channels). But yes, even respectful Twitter accounts can misquote/repost something for an unreliable account...

Twitter is kinda like Facebook; anyone can open an account.

I was appalled :what::what: when a friend told me her 13 year old has a Twitter account.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Agency heads will brief the media at 4 PM at Westminster PD. #jessicaridgeway

Reading through posts, trying to catch up. Someone described the scene where the victim was found as, being very bloody. I had not seen that mentioned before and I can not find the post to quote. Just can't get that statement out of my head. Anyone else recall info of what sight looked like???

I've been glued to the local news and haven't heard anything like that (someone stating the scene where the body was found was really bloody). Last night they were giving the impression it was considered more of a dumping sight, and that it was a popular area where people take their dogs walking. So far they are keeping details closely guarded (as always and as they should) Am I missing some news sources?

I am assuming they are taking a look at all of the registered sex offenders in the area. I am praying they catch a break and can tie one to this case.

I find it interesting that there is a convicted sex offender, unspecified, that lived just around the corner from Jessica's house. His picture also matches the description of a sketch made from two victims of attempted abductions in neighboring Arvada. He was born in 1984.

There has been no discussion about what was in the backpack, only speculation. The LE did say shortly after finding the backpack that "we believe she has changed her clothes" and "study her facial features without her glasses". This is the basis of the speculation.

Can someone post the link for the presser. I usually use the 9news(?) but don't remember the site.

Thanks.

Some posters Stated they thought they saw blood on the ground where the body was found. That could be what is being referenced.

I've been glued to the Local news and haven't heard anything like that (someone stating the scene where the body was found was really bloody). Last night they were giving the impression it was considered more of a dumping sight, and that it was a popular area where people take their dogs walking. So far they are keeping details closely guarded (as always) Am I missing some news sources?

Can someone point me to the news article where they stated they located her glasses? I only read her backpack (they didn't specify contents) and her water bottle. Thank you!

LE has never said what was in the backpack. We are just conjecturing that her clothes and glasses were in the backpack. Just opinions.

A good rule of thumb to follow for twitter - only post the tweets from MSM affiliates (ie newspaper/radio stations/news channels). But yes, even respectful Twitter accounts can misquote/repost something for an unreliable account...

Twitter is kinda like Facebook; anyone can open an account.

I was appalled :what::what: when a friend told me her 13 year old has a Twitter account.

Ah, yes, yes I understand. FTR, I thought CBSDenver was an MSM source. I see now that they have recanted and I have since deleted my post.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Agency heads will brief the media at 4 PM at Westminster PD. #jessicaridgeway

Can anyone link the Channel 9 live feed so we have it ready? The presser will be in about 45 minutes or so.....

Salem

ETA: and when we find it again, I will link it up in the first post, so that we always have it handy.

Jessica is currently being discussed on HLN for those that are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa