CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a suspect posted on the boards before? I have an eerie feeling that the person responsible for this horrendous crime has posted.

ETA: I've been wondering if LE would've swabbed the trash collectors for DNA just to be sure that they aren't involved in Jessica's disappearance.

I've been here four years and I haven't seen a suspect post. FWIW.

I have seen people connected to the family post. We do have quite a few family members that are WS members.

I have seen people hired by lawyers post (to create havoc generally).

But to answer your question, no I have not seen a suspect in a murder come on WS and post. JMHO

ETA: I was contacted by a suspect who was later cleared who tracked me through WS, but that person did not contact me on WS, the contact was through social media.

:
hi you! :seeya:

not sure if you just want names of younger children but leslie mahaffy (ontario canada) was 14 and was kidnapped in 1991, sexually assaulted, killed and dismembered by strangers... one, paul bernardo was later found to be the scarborough rapist. he's been involved in the deaths of three young women we KNOW of :(

:seeya:Hi Friend
Thanks for those cases-I had forgot about PB&KH freaks

I have seen people connected to the family post. We do have quite a few family members that are WS members.

But to answer your question, no I have not seen a suspect in a murder come on WS and post. JMHO

ETA: I was contacted by a suspect who was later cleared who tracked me through WS, but that person did not contact me on WS, the contact was through social media.

I was told Drew Peterson posted here at WS...I could be wrong but that's what I was told.

I think it's probable that the person who did this has at least visited Websleuths, considering it is one of the first links to always come up in a missing persons case. He is probably feeling quite a bit of duress considering I heard on the news there are three dozen FBI agents on this case, plus law enforcement. Just a matter of time ... if he was half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd just turn himself in. If the police name a person of interest, or anyone gets a hunch about this, vigilantes might just take matters into their own hands ... yikes!

How would we know? A suspect is not going to announce it here I'm sure. Not being snarky, just wondering.

I've been following this case since the day Jessica went missing. I have merely lurked on all of these threads until now, primarily because I've been waiting until I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion. You guys have definitely covered most, if not all, of the aspects of this case, and I have read many plausible and well thought out theories. I will try to keep my thoughts as short as possible.

This case has kept me up for several nights now, just wondering WHO was so sick and pathetic to have done this. Statistically speaking, it is a white male. In my personal opinion, it is either a bona fide serial killer (organized), who has the experience and drive to evade the FBI and the police, because he wants to continue his sick career (I think these types of killers pride themselves on how well they do their "job" ... examples, BTK, Bundy ... experimenting with the variables of the crime, learning from their past mistakes, etc)

OR I think it could be a man who has a history of sex offenses, probably of a violent nature, or has committed petty crimes. However he has never murdered until now. Think John Gardener. He may have had some sort of mental breakdown (for lack of a better term) before or while committing the crime, hence the terrible nature and extreme amount of violence. This breakdown could have come on by life events such as divorce or ending a relationship, getting fired from a job, caught violating parole, etc.
But, even though it was impulsive, like Gardener he won't be able to stop now that he has killed.

For the organized killer I described, I think it will be someone who has a job or position in the community where he is managing/in control of others OR working with children, the mental health profession, even volunteering with the disadvantaged. He may even be a doctor, considering that poor child was dismembered, I'm not sure how much knowledge of anatomy that would require. Remember, BTK worked in security, and Bundy at one point was taking suicide hotline calls. My point is, this type of killer will get off on pretending to "help" others, being the wolf in sheeps clothing - he may be a teacher, counselor, psychologist. He may work in law enforcement or security. This person lives alone or with a wife, maybe even kids. He wears a mask of normalcy and that is why he alludes police so well. He is accepted by society and raises no red flags. It really freaks me out that this person might very well be law enforcement ... maybe in a different jurisdiction?

The disorganized killer may still live with family, or be dependent on family financially. If he has a job, it is not rewarding work ... general labor or entry level. He will blame the world for his problems. If he has any history of opposite sex relationships, they will be short lived, maybe violent. I think Brandon Lavergne fits this type, too.

As for if this person is a pedophile, it's my personal opinion that this guy may have adult victims as well. To psychopaths that hate women (which I think this monster obviously does), age isn't as big of a consideration as gender and opportunity. I'm reminded of Polly Klaas' killer who said, "I didn't kill that little broad". They don't see what we see - a child, a teenager, a woman ... they only see a representation of what is female, what they want to take their sick and twisted rage out on.

ETA: Hopefully the FBI has enough evidence to be able to do a lot of profiling work on this guy.

I hope this post wasn't too long, I'm looking forward to reading your replies.

Welcome to WS.

I agree with a lot of what you have said; I also have been thinking about John Gardner, the killer of Chelsea King and Amber DuBois. Not sure if this is a similar type of perp, but he well could be. Gardner was in the system, though, since his DNA was matched so quickly, and I have a feeling this perp's DNA may not be on file.

I even think this could be his first crime of this nature, although if so, he has thought about it for a long time, and may be guilty of molestation at the very least, but maybe never caught or turned in.

Maybe he took Jessica on an impulse and then did his "best" to cover his tracks (if indeed the dismemberment was by a person and not animals.)

In any case, I do feel this is someone who lived close to Jessica's neighborhood, and was driving the streets that morning with an idea of what he might do, but not really a plan; he wasn't sure he would find a victim, but then, there was Jessica, walking along, minding her business.

I'm still open to almost every type of perp in this case, though, as I don't think we have enough info to form conclusions. I pay very little attention to the experts on TV, even if they are former LE, as their motives now are not the same as when they were actively working as LE.

Hoping LE knows much more than we do, I am sure they do, but perhaps not as much as we hope.

I've wondered if there are two people involved and whether a female could be involved in this crime, based on the Leslie Mahaffy case with PB and KH and also Tori Stafford was lured away by a female for a male accomplice for sexual purposes.

Has a suspect posted on the boards before? I have an eerie feeling that the person responsible for this horrendous crime has posted.

ETA: I've been wondering if LE would've swabbed the trash collectors for DNA just to be sure that they aren't involved in Jessica's disappearance.

Yes, I believe it was a case about a missing or murdered woman, and the suspect was posting here and trying to get info-anyone remember that? I bet it's happened a few times, with all the cases here.

I was told Drew Peterson posted here at WS...I could be wrong but that's what I was told.

I've heard that too. I have heard it discussed on more than a few threads about suspicions of suspects posting--- but I've never seen it verified by Tricia or the admins.

is this the attempted luring in Golden?

I don't suspect he thinks he is harassing, I suspect he is feeling pretty desperate. I think the first big dumping is hard on men/boys. I don't condone the weirdo stalking behavior, but most young men who do this sort of thing are harmless.

Telling the harmless from the scary is probably not all that easy.

I'm wondering as well, how often do the garbage crews go through there? Is this a spot where garbage bags are usually placed for pick up? What made them stop at that specific juncture / location when they did? I guess I'm wondering - if this open space is city owned land, then how frequently do garbage crews usually go through to collect stuff? And how far around the open space do they go? I haven't seen anything to suggest that its like a city owned park land (such as in my area, which offer receptacles for garbage).

I know there are some houses in the general area -- but what was the crew doing out there? When was the last time the crews cleaned through that area?

The road had been closed for months until the week before Jessica disappeared - had that fact impacted garbage collections in the area for sometime?

I know we probably don't have those answers, but these are still things that make me go, "hmmm".

That was puzzling me too. In my area, once a week people place the garbage in front of their house and it is collected by the city. It seems odd that they would be picking up garbage in front of an open field, unless they were actually cleaning the field???? Does anyone know?

On another forum posters were speculating that her clothes were found in her backpack, and that's why LE told people not to consider what she was wearing when keeping an eye out for her. Has this been mentioned here yet?

How would we know? A suspect is not going to announce it here I'm sure. Not being snarky, just wondering.

You are right, it would be difficult to say definitely but sometimes by the tone of the post, it has made me wonder. it is funny, because when I come across a post I wonder about, I always look to see when they actually joined WS. I know it is not a good barometer and mean no offense to new comers, it is just something I do.I love new members especially if they are locals. jmo

Has anyone heard anything more about the case in Wyoming? I saw photos of the girl in that case, and she looked a lot like Jessica - almost IDENTICAL glasses, hair color, body type ... this was either on JVM or Nancy, can't remember. It really gave me chills. First thought that came to mind is that it was a "do over", maybe trying to atone or make up for the horrendous murder of Jessica in his mind. "I let this one go, I'm not a bad person ..."

The owner of WS or the admins would verify. They vet and verify family members of missing persons and victims of crimes that have threads here.

I've been following this case since the day Jessica went missing. I have merely lurked on all of these threads until now, primarily because I've been waiting until I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion. You guys have definitely covered most, if not all, of the aspects of this case, and I have read many plausible and well thought out theories. I will try to keep my thoughts as short as possible.

This case has kept me up for several nights now, just wondering WHO was so sick and pathetic to have done this. Statistically speaking, it is a white male. In my personal opinion, it is either a bona fide serial killer (organized), who has the experience and drive to evade the FBI and the police, because he wants to continue his sick career (I think these types of killers pride themselves on how well they do their "job" ... examples, BTK, Bundy ... experimenting with the variables of the crime, learning from their past mistakes, etc)

OR I think it could be a man who has a history of sex offenses, probably of a violent nature, or has committed petty crimes. However he has never murdered until now. Think John Gardener. He may have had some sort of mental breakdown (for lack of a better term) before or while committing the crime, hence the terrible nature and extreme amount of violence. This breakdown could have come on by life events such as divorce or ending a relationship, getting fired from a job, caught violating parole, etc.
But, even though it was impulsive, like Gardener he won't be able to stop now that he has killed.

For the organized killer I described, I think it will be someone who has a job or position in the community where he is managing/in control of others OR working with children, the mental health profession, even volunteering with the disadvantaged. He may even be a doctor, considering that poor child was dismembered, I'm not sure how much knowledge of anatomy that would require. Remember, BTK worked in security, and Bundy at one point was taking suicide hotline calls. My point is, this type of killer will get off on pretending to "help" others, being the wolf in sheeps clothing - he may be a teacher, counselor, psychologist. He may work in law enforcement or security. This person lives alone or with a wife, maybe even kids. He wears a mask of normalcy and that is why he alludes police so well. He is accepted by society and raises no red flags. It really freaks me out that this person might very well be law enforcement ... maybe in a different jurisdiction?

The disorganized killer may still live with family, or be dependent on family financially. If he has a job, it is not rewarding work ... general labor or entry level. He will blame the world for his problems. If he has any history of opposite sex relationships, they will be short lived, maybe violent. I think Brandon Lavergne fits this type, too.

As for if this person is a pedophile, it's my personal opinion that this guy may have adult victims as well. To psychopaths that hate women (which I think this monster obviously does), age isn't as big of a consideration as gender and opportunity. I'm reminded of Polly Klaas' killer who said, "I didn't kill that little broad". They don't see what we see - a child, a teenager, a woman ... they only see a representation of what is female, what they want to take their sick and twisted rage out on.

ETA: Hopefully the FBI has enough evidence to be able to do a lot of profiling work on this guy.

I hope this post wasn't too long, I'm looking forward to reading your replies.

Tokalu... :welcome4:

and thank you for the interesting analyses...

That was puzzling me too. In my area, once a week people place the garbage in front of their house and it is collected by the city. It seems odd that they would be picking up garbage in front of an open field, unless they were actually cleaning the field???? Does anyone know?

I assumed they were going along the road picking up trash along the sides. That does have to be done I know.

I hope they're keeping an eye on him. could be just a good excuse.

I consider the Denver girl missing and not runaway given the current situation here.
you'd think they'd change the amber alert rules when there's a predator on the loose.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/13/man-attempted-to-abduct-13-year-old-boy-in-golden/

Sorry if someone posted and I missed this, but look at the comments below! Anyone hear about this?

Edited because it is no longer the first comment! The comment is posted by SA.

All local accounts quote LE as saying the incident happened because he wanted to talk to his ex, won't be charged with anything, and that the 13yo and his mother acted appropriately even though it was a misunderstanding.

Naturally the community involved is hyper-vigilant in light on Jessica and the attempted abductions over the last several weeks, I totally understand that.

I agree. And I guess we are to assume that the report of no plate was inaccurate. Thanks again for the clarifications.

The man who turned in the backpack said they saw it when they came home around 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning. It wasn't there when they originally left. It just makes sense that he waited for darkness to fall Saturday evening to do his dumping. The body would have been pressing to get rid of and the backpack an afterthought.

This makes me wonder about his living situation... how he was able to hold onto the backpack for that long with nobody noticing.

I can't help but think about my home. We only have one car, and no garage, though (and on the edge of a city), so that obviously makes it rather difficult for anyone to do anything without anyone noticing.

That makes me think that the person who did this, if they have a family, maybe does have more than one car... maybe even one that is his own, that only he drives, or a work car, and a garage. He has a lot of time to be alone and move about alone doing things, like moving backpacks around without anyone noticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire