Found Deceased CO - Jonelle Matthews, 12, Greeley, 20 Dec 1984 *arrest 2020*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think the soil where Jonelle was buried would be more on dirt/sandy side.
The soil tends to be more clay like as you get closer to the foothills.

I can imagine!

We'll do our best to keep you updated on SP's case.

JMVHO.

I can access the Colorado court site - it's just Idaho that I can't....

SP would have been 33 at the time

Actually, an article said he was 32 at the time of the crime.... sorry no link... I know his year of birth is 1951 - anyone know the month-date? TIA!

Was looking at indictment again and starting mulling over #26.

26. Steven Dana Pankey lived at 27965 Weld County Road 47.5 in 1980, approximately 10 miles due north of the recovery of Jonelle Matthews' body.

Wasn’t Jonelle’s body found to the west of WCR 49? Interesting. Apparently LE must think so too for them to put this in indictment- what do you think about this?

26. Steven Dana Pankey lived at 27965 Weld County Road 47.5 in 1980, approximately 10 miles due north of the recovery of Jonelle Matthews' body.

Wasn’t Jonelle’s body found to the west of WCR 49? Interesting. Apparently LE must think so too for them to put this in indictment- what do you think about this?

I don't see the relevance. Thousands of people live in the same area. Same as living "2 miles" from her house. So did 30,000 other people. With out a direct provable connection, these "coincidences", (which is being super generous to even call it that) are meaningless.

also can anyone find a house for this address? Google Maps shows nothing in the approximate area where that address should be. I'm not super familiar with Greeley, so maybe it's not where Maps thinks it should be.

The remains were found out on CR 49 and CR 34.5.

Coincidentally, if you look up the driving directions from the Matthews house to the Platte Valley Elementary School
and
You look up the directions from the Matthews house to the location of the remains

You would take the exact same route...right up until you hit 34. You would continue straight to go to the school and you would turn right to go to the burial site.

The field. 1973 and 2005. Highlighted for better identification.

Attachments

• Field highlighted.jpg
    Field highlighted.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 36
also can anyone find a house for this address? Google Maps shows nothing in the approximate area where that address should be. I'm not super familiar with Greeley, so maybe it's not where Maps thinks it should be.

Same here, maybe a house that set back off of road.
FYI - WCR 49 is known as the Keenesburg cut off. A lot of people living north of Denver take this to get to I-25.

I don’t have a theory that I am trying to prove.
I am not a podcaster. I am just a gal from Greeley. Jonelle was taken from the community I was born and raised in. That my children were born and raised in. That my family and friends live in.

30,000 other people didn’t have a connection to Jonelle. There aren’t 30,000 other people who knew her, that drove that route to work every day. Maybe my thought is irrelevant and meaningless. I don’t know who killed Jonelle but it is the route one would take to get to both places.

I also do not think that it would be as easy as you claim, to dig a hole after 10pm in December with the temperatures what they were in 1984 in Greeley in the days prior to her disappearance.

When exposed to cold temperatures your body begins to lose heat faster than it can produce. Hypothermia can occur even at cool temperatures above 40 degrees Fahrenheit if a person becomes chilled from rain or sweat. I think it is reasonable to assume a person would be sweating after digging for hours.

Last edited:
I am not a podcaster. I am just a gal from Greeley. Jonelle was taken from the community I was born and raised in. That my children were born and raised in. That my family and friends live in.

30,000 other people didn’t have a connection to Jonelle. There aren’t 30,000 other people who knew her, that drove that route to work every day. Maybe my thought is irrelevant and meaningless. I don’t know who killed Jonelle but it is the route one would take to get to both places.

I also do not think that it would be as easy as you claim, to dig a hole after 10pm in December with the temperatures what they were in 1984 in Greeley in the days prior to her disappearance.

When exposed to cold temperatures your body begins to lose heat faster than it can produce. Hypothermia can occur even at cool temperatures above 40 degrees Fahrenheit if a person becomes chilled from rain or sweat. I think it is reasonable to assume a person would be sweating after digging for hours.

Cat01 - do you think she was buried at a later time when ground was warmer?
Do think Jonelle was murdered by someone close to her or the church was involved?
Your thoughts could never be irrelevant or meaningless. I’m sorry if there is anything I posted to make you feel that way. Your posts have been thought provoking.

I strongly suspect Greeley LE have more evidence than we know.

JMVHO.

I would tend to agree. They put out only enough to get the indictment. At trial they'll unload whatever they have. The "smoking gun" to this point is just that he supposedly knew about the rake. If he's just crazy, he may have simply guessed by random chance. Or they could've fed him the information. I would like to know how they know certain things. Like him stalking the school. Unless he admitted to it in a letter, I don't know how they could possibly know such a thing. Unless his ex-wife gave that. To which I would also like to know why she waited so long to come forward. And how they expect that her memories from 35 years ago are precise and accurate. Time muddles memories.

We’ve waited a LONG time to know what happened to Jonelle. I pray we get the “real” answers.

I would tend to agree. They put out only enough to get the indictment. At trial they'll unload whatever they have. The "smoking gun" to this point is just that he supposedly knew about the rake. If he's just crazy, he may have simply guessed by random chance. Or they could've fed him the information. I would like to know how they know certain things. Like him stalking the school. Unless he admitted to it in a letter, I don't know how they could possibly know such a thing. Unless his ex-wife gave that. To which I would also like to know why she waited so long to come forward. And how they expect that her memories from 35 years ago are precise and accurate. Time muddles memories.

How do we know she recently made her statements? Maybe she told them years ago.
People have posted how can anyone remember what they were doing that long ago. I remember everything that night. Jonelle going missing had a big influence on the citizens of Greeley.
I’m hoping when asked she simple told her truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288