Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he left on his own wouldn't he return to get his stuff and leave?
Meeting an acquaintance/stranger and things turned for the worst
Possibly getting clipped by a vehicle and the person panicked taking him away from the scene
just thoughts....

Wow this makes no sense to me. How can that happen.

And from the Conejos County Sheriff's Office facebook:
From July 28th
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conejos-County-Sheriffs-Office/1595594977375671?fref=nf
https://www.facebook.com/1595594977....1438278000./1617139965221172/?type=1&theater

"Sheriff Galvez is not ruling out foul play and hopes that Keller will be found alive."

Foul play just doesn't make sense to me. I hope he just took off and isn't laying somewhere suffering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do two guys go jogging together in a place they are not familiar and one sprints off and leaves the other? And the one left is never seen again, doesn't call, or get his personal belongings? How about the detectives interrogate the last person who claims to have seen him alive? It seems like as good a starting point as any.

http://www.wdef.com/news/story/Sear...ng-Cleveland-teen/ptPzXR-2Gk-z0uiBD3oCGA.cspx

"Search and rescue dogs have reportedly not been able to pick up Keller’s scent."

The article also mentioned that "they aren't ruling out foul play by an individual",
And they are also considering he may have been attacked by a mountain lion.

If he was running on the road and attacked by a mountain lion, wouldn't the search and rescue dogs pick up
Joe's scent then?

I think they have many scenarios of what might have happened.
But what did happen?
They can't rule out foul play and they can't rule out a mountain lion attack.
What can they rule out? Do they know?
IMOO.

British-sounding accent but he lives in the U.S. ... how long has he been there & did he want to be there?

Did he leave anything important behind like passport, wallet, credit cards, medication?

The sherriff hasn't ruled out foul play. Were there other travelers/hikers/runners on the path? Was there any animosity between Joe & his companions?

You know the world has gone straight to hell when healthy 19 y.o. athletes start getting abducted in broad daylight.

Why do two guys go jogging together in a place they are not familiar and one sprints off and leaves the other? And the one left is never seen again, doesn't call, or get his personal belongings? How about the detectives interrogate the last person who claims to have seen him alive? It seems like as good a starting point as any.

But how do we know they are not familiar with this place?
It has been said Joe has family there. Has he been there before?
How familiar was Joe with this ranch, and this area?

About not calling.
I don't know if they can get cell phone coverage in some of the areas there.
I know we couldn't get cell coverage when we were northwest of there last year.
IMOO.

British-sounding accent but he lives in the U.S. ... how long has he been there & did he want to be there?

Did he leave anything important behind like passport, wallet, credit cards, medication?

The sherriff hasn't ruled out foul play. Were there other travelers/hikers/runners on the path? Was there any animosity between Joe & his companions?

And it was said they were on a Forest Service Road, not a path or trail.

Cleared up some of my own questions:

about 4:30 p.m. July 23...Keller and [Collin] Gwaltney went for a run near Rainbow Trout Ranch in the Conejos Canyon above Antonito

http://www.conejoscountycitizen.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=1575

Why didn't CG call police to report Joe missing that day, and why did he and CF leave the state? Has LE determined who last saw him other than his friends? Surveillance video on the place they were staying/leaving? What was Joe wearing besides shoes? Did he have a cell phone or gps device or watch? It was suggested on the findjoekeller page that he may have gone for a dip in the river, which is shallow and slow moving. While drowning is unlikely, an animal attack or getting lost is possible if he went off the road. I doubt very much this was abduction. It would be helpful if a media outlet would ask if there are POIs if LE believes in foul play, and whether the friends have been cleared.

Has it been mentioned if heat-seeker helis have been used? Dogs not picking up a scent leads me to believe he never went on the run. JMO.

But how do we know they are not familiar with this place?
It has been said Joe has family there. Has he been there before?
How familiar was Joe with this ranch, and this area?

About not calling.
I don't know if they can get cell phone coverage in some of the areas there.
I know we couldn't get cell coverage when we were northwest of there last year.
IMOO.

When I read the first msm link, the story said he had some relatives that lived about 25 miles from this area but there were no known plans to see them. I don't know. Maybe this is a trip they do every summer.

When I read the first msm link, the story said he had some relatives that lived about 25 miles from this area but there were no known plans to see them. I don't know. Maybe this is a trip they do every summer.

I haven't seen that link.

Since they can't pick up his scent makes me wonder if he never went jogging in the first place. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow