Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This screams foul play to me. What kind.... I don't know. I've read every page here about Joe and yet (maybe I missed a post) somehow I'm confused on where the three men were staying. NOT at the relative's ranch? If so, where then? But they began the run at the ranch? What? Did they run in the same direction, but one was ahead of Joe? Where was the third friend during this run? Something is missing from this story. IDK. Also, I wonder when Joe disappeared from SM (if he did, that is.) ANd what were the last known photos taken of him? So many questions. Sorry.

This screams foul play to me. What kind.... I don't know. I've read every page here about Joe and yet (maybe I missed a post) somehow I'm confused on where the three men were staying. NOT at the relative's ranch? If so, where then? But they began the run at the ranch? What? Did they run in the same direction, but one was ahead of Joe? Where was the third friend during this run? Something is missing from this story. IDK. Also, I wonder when Joe disappeared from SM (if he did, that is.) ANd what were the last known photos taken of him? So many questions. Sorry.

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/search-forjoe-kellercontinues,14412

"Posted Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:42 am"

"The 19-year-old Keller was on a cross-country road trip with family and friends and was staying at the Antonito ranch."

I think when they mention family, the family wasn't on the road trip, but the family means the people who own the Rainbow Trout Ranch where they stayed, imoo.

Even though the ranch has an Antonito address, it is 20 some odd miles west of Antonito, in the mountains near Horca, Colorado.

IMOO.

And that's the thing about Joe's case.

Inconsistent information, that still has people wondering where was Joe, what happened to Joe, why the silence from the family in Colorado. Why the silence from the Sheriff.
Why did Joe's family not stay at the ranch while they looked for him?

There are so many questions and so many unanswered questions.
This case is difficult because of the lack of info and when there is info, we still have to discern what is fact and what isn't.
Who knows?
At this point I know he is missing.
I also know people aren't talking.
I also know that his parents want him home.
I hope the sheriff speaks out.
But before that, I hope the parents speak out Again and tell everyone in Clarity what they know about Joe's case.
The silence from the sheriff is strange, to me.
If that was him using his personal facebook, as a visitors post to the Conejos County Sheriff's facebook, why wait 2 weeks for a press release? Why wait 2 weeks to thank the searchers who searched for Joe. Why tell people that this will happen. Why not do it? Do it now.
IMOO.

Sorry, Joe and Colin is in college. Christian is a Junior in High School.

Dateline interviewed the family. No new information. The Keller family has no dissention with the ranch. RTR edited their page and took out life is grand after someone commented negatively about it. They responding by saying Neal and Zoe was hurt over the comment. Then deleted the comment.

DATELINE AUG 19 2015
Weeks After Joe Keller Vanished On Run, No Answers
by RACHAEL TROST

You can hear the gloom in the voices of those who know Joe Keller.

"It's just an awful situation not knowing if your loved one is in heaven or in a terrible situation on earth or out in the wilderness," Zoe Keller told Dateline NBC about her missing son. "Tomorrow will be a month and there is just nothing."

~snip

More at link: http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/weeks-after-teen-vanishes-during-run-still-no-answers-n412306

DATELINE AUG 19 2015
Weeks After Joe Keller Vanished On Run, No Answers
by RACHAEL TROST

You can hear the gloom in the voices of those who know Joe Keller.

"It's just an awful situation not knowing if your loved one is in heaven or in a terrible situation on earth or out in the wilderness," Zoe Keller told Dateline NBC about her missing son. "Tomorrow will be a month and there is just nothing."

~snip

More at link: http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/weeks-after-teen-vanishes-during-run-still-no-answers-n412306

Thanks for the link. :)
This is such a sad situation!
Where are you, Joe?
IMOO.

Dateline interviewed the family. No new information. The Keller family has no dissention with the ranch. RTR edited their page and took out life is grand after someone commented negatively about it. They responding by saying Neal and Zoe was hurt over the comment. Then deleted the comment.

Well, this is good, that there is no dissension.
I didn't understand the life is grand remark, either. I am glad they edited it out.
Joe is missing. I hope there are answers soon.
IMOO.

So the Dateline article states that after a quarter of a mile, Joe and C. split up to run on different paths.

The case doesn't quite "scream" foul play to me, but my gut feeling from the very beginning has been that there is someone out there who knows where Joe is. I just have this feeling that whether intentional or accidental, it isn't for a random reason that he is missing (I'm sorry; I know my comment basically doesn't even make sense, but at this juncture, I wouldn't feel comfortable stating more clearly what I think may have happened).

As far as I can tell (and it doesn't appear that I'm seeing everything he has posted on his timeline due to privacy settings), Joe's last post on his FB page was on February 13, 2014, so about a year and a half ago. On Twitter (@joekeller14), it was on April 2 of this year. On both FB and Twitter, his posts are sporadic. On Instagram (@joekeller123), however, it's a different story. During his trip out west, he posted a total of 13 photos (own comment on the first photo: "Day uno on Cali roadtrip with professor Quack #caliorbust"; the photo is that of him with his two friends inside a car, with Joe in the passenger seat, CG in the driver's seat and CF in the back). There is a picture Joe posted while still traveling that is really bittersweet: He posted a photo of himself with the youth swim team he was coaching, commenting: "Some of the kids on the wonderful swim team I had the privilege helping to coach this summer." What a humble young man. The last post is that of Alcatraz (it appears to have been taken from the ferry). He posted a few other pictures of himself over the last several months. He is so handsome, and very much seems to have a good heart.

By the way (and please, please know that I am completely, entirely serious here), has there been any indication that any of the three boys dated one another?

I wonder if they were staying "at the ranch", as in, on the actual land owned by the family, but not at "the lodge", which is where I take it the visitors stayed. Perhaps they were staying at a separate building where employees lived? Can anyone tell on Google Earth if there are multiple buildings on the land?

Then I'm still stuck on the search of La Jara Reservoir. Why, why, why ...?

Me too. Why? Why search La Jara just days after he disappeared? Why did the sheriff mention "looking into the days leading up to his disappearance" and then search La Jara? Why, why, why?

I don't know if anyone did this, but I entered Joe into Namus. I just got an email saying that they already have him there, they're just waiting for permission to publish

Maybe they found internet searches for La Jara on his computer at home or something?

I don't know if anyone did this, but I entered Joe into Namus. I just got an email saying that they already have him there, they're just waiting for permission to publish

Thanks! I was wondering as I was checking NamUs periodically and I did not see him listed.

NamUs is a database for the missing, unidentified, and unclaimed.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members