Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #2

After all this time, would the ME be able to tell if the remains had been moved (e.g., buried, dug up and placed where they were found to be discovered by someone)?

ETA: In particular, if the remains were moved in the last month or so?

I belive, yes, they can tell if the person passed away at the location where they were later found.

Search and Rescue personnel often miss someone's remains, because it's a needle in a haystack. They have to cover a large area of ground in case the person may have gotten turned around and kept going in the wrong direction. In this case they didn't know where he left the road or in which direction, so , say, trying to cover an area of a dozen square mile of undulating and forested terrain, that's almost 40 million square yards. Rather than looking behind every tree and bush, they have to use probabilities and just look in the likiest places.

The Keller Family and the Jon Francis Foundation spent 5 days in May and did a very extensive search with canines and horses.They concluded Joe was not within a 2 1/2 mile area.

I, too have thought that the information is being very closed concerning how and where he was found..

Treelights, I meant to thank you earlier for your prayers, greatly appreciated.

There were searches. Even his family came out.

It will be interesting to find out Exactly where he was found. I know it was said that he was found in Conejos Canyon, Forest SVC RD. 250, around 4 miles west of State Hwy 17.

I was more concerned that the Sheriff never requested that the CBI come in to help. They usually have more resources. With how extensive the searching was, makes me wonder if he was actually there the whole time or if after things died down, he was placed there. JMO

After all this time, would the ME be able to tell if the remains had been moved (e.g., buried, dug up and placed where they were found to be discovered by someone)?

ETA: In particular, if the remains were moved in the last month or so?

That's what I'm wondering, if his remains had been moved. This is horrible. :(

I'm heartsick.Praying for his family and friends. :tears:

Even though they are waiting for the coroner's results it seems that they are pretty certain it is Joe. Perhaps due to clothing found with the remains? So very sad. Prayers for Joe, his family, and friends.

Even though they are waiting for the coroner's results it seems that they are pretty certain it is Joe. Perhaps due to clothing found with the remains? So very sad. Prayers for Joe, his family, and friends.

That's what I thought too. Or perhaps some other item that was clearly Joe's, a piece of jewelry for example. Did he have a phone with him? (I can't remember, but I guess not?)

That's what I thought too. Or perhaps some other item that was clearly Joe's, a piece of jewelry for example. Did he have a phone with him? (I can't remember, but I guess not?)

No, he didn't have his phone with him. As far as jewelry, that I don't know.

If he had asthma he might have had allergies that led him to wear a medical id necklace.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Since the family is sure this is Joe it is very good that they know and for all of us who have wondered. Now there can be closure at least. I'm thankful.

I've always questioned somewhat why he didn't have his cell phone with him, as today's young generation typically take them everywhere they go. I wonder if they'll be able to determine COD. Blessings to the family, at least he was found.

I'd be more surprised if he had his cell phone with him, seeing as he was a competitive runner. Cell phone is a hinderance to those types of runners IMO.

The Keller family has officially confirmed that the remains found was Joe's, due to clothing and hair. The Keller's thanked everyone for the prayers and monetary funds. Still waiting for autopsy.

The Keller family has officially confirmed that the remains found was Joe's, due to clothing and hair. The Keller's thanked everyone for the prayers and monetary funds. Still waiting for autopsy.

Good catch on the watch, as the family did not mention if it was on him or not.....

I've always questioned somewhat why he didn't have his cell phone with him, as today's young generation typically take them everywhere they go. I wonder if they'll be able to determine COD. Blessings to the family, at least he was found.

No cell phone coverage in that area.

When we were out at Platoro a couple years back there was no cell phone coverage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back