CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did mom wait until Tuesday at 6pm to post that her daughter was missing on her MS page? If she went missing on Sunday at 3:40.....lets say 9pm Sunday night, wouldn't she want to get that out there ASAP to everyone she could? I know MS isn't the end all be all, but I would assume that she would let every possible person know, especially since LE couldn't 'officially' call her missing until Monday. Why wait more than 24 hours to announce it on your social networking site? It looks like mom posts to MS fairly regularly..once every few days. Why would she wait. Not blaming her, just wondering what would make her wait.

Why did mom wait until Tuesday at 6pm to post that her daughter was missing on her MS page? If she went missing on Sunday at 3:40.....lets say 9pm Sunday night, wouldn't she want to get that out there ASAP to everyone she could? I know MS isn't the end all be all, but I would assume that she would let every possible person know, especially since LE couldn't 'officially' call her missing until Monday. Why wait more than 24 hours to announce it on your social networking site? It looks like mom posts to MS fairly regularly..once every few days. Why would she wait. Not blaming her, just wondering what would make her wait.

Honestly, if I had a missing child, getting on MySpace would be the farthest thing from my mind. At least at first I would be searching every place I could think of, and calling every family member and friend to see if they'd seen her.

Wow, I just saw this.
I'm pretty close to Greeley too. I hope Kayleah is OK, and found soon.
I'll see what I can find out tomorrow.

I have so many issues about what I have read here so far regarding this missing child. Why did it take so long for this to hit the media? She's only 12. I don't understand why LE wasn't concerned immediately.

A child is a child is a child. I don't care if she was 9 or 12. Where is the desperation for this lost little girl?

I hope and pray that Kayleah is found safe and returned to her family.

New info:

If you drive past the Wilson apartment on 28th Street in west Greeley, you can see April Wilson or her son, Mackenzie, watching out the door.

Watching for Kayleah.

The 12-year-old girl left her home Sunday afternoon to go to a friend's birthday party and never arrived. She didn't show up at the pick-up location, and she hasn't come back home in two days. Greeley police issued a bulletin Tuesday with Kayleah Wilson's photo on it, asking for help in finding the girl.

Her home is in the 2800 block of 28th Street.

“We don't know what could have happened,” said April, Kayleah‘s mother. “We've talked to her friends at school and we've been sending out the fliers. Nobody's seen her.”

Kayleah is described as 5-foot-1, 145 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans, and white and red shoes.

According to the Greeley police bulletin, there are no indications she uses drugs or alcohol and has no history with gangs. She also has no history of running away from home.

Kayleah has asthma and will likely be carrying an inhaler. She does not have a cell phone and usually walks to various places to meet her friends.

Her family said she likes to hang out at the Centennial Park Library, the Greeley Mall, Walmart on 23rd Avenue, and Hastings music store. She also goes to the Higher Grounds Youth Center, in connection with her church.

(snipped)
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100331/NEWS/100339961/1002&parentprofile=1001

Praying for this Beautiful Girl, my daughter is almost 12 and I just can't imagine.....

This world just keeps getting scarier and scarier

Bump...Any news on Kayleah? Prayers for her safe return.

Praying for a safe outcome. But this doesn't sound good.
Wondering why so tight lipped on info from family and police.

Family must be beside themselves. Has she EVER wandered off before?

Sounds like she may have had some 'shady' friends.

Can we find out which way she was walking? Are there any gas stations, parking lots, etc? to get surveillance video from?

Finally, have local SO been questioned?

Need more info to investigate!

Praying for Kayleah!!!

So after reading the new article, the officer I spoke with lastnight said that yes Kayleahs mother had spoke with all of her friends and nobody has a clue of where she is, so that is not good.
I also read in the comment section that she left her home to meet a friend at an apartment near the mall ...By greeleyrn99 here is the link:

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100330/NEWS/100339981/1044

So after reading the new article, the officer I spoke with lastnight said that yes Kayleahs mother had spoke with all of her friends and nobody has a clue of where she is, so that is not good.
I also read in the comment section that she left her home to meet a friend at an apartment near the mall ...By greeleyrn99 here is the link:

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100330/NEWS/100339981/1044

Thanks for the information about the direction she was heading. There are several businesses that she would have passed on her journey that direction that may have had security cameras. The distance between her home and the mall is not really that far of a walk. The apartments directly behind the mall have had a reputation for years of housing some shady people at times. There are some really busy roads that she would have probably walked on- which to me makes me think she didn't get nabbed by a stranger pulling up and grabbing her. There is usually constant traffic in those areas. Someone had to have seen her along her walk! :( Really wish GPD would have got this out sooner.

Fortunatley...I have to get ready for work :) I'll be back later this afternoon.

Thanks for the map! She may have turned south on 23rd Avenue and cut across the mall parking lot- depending on which apartments she was headed to. It would generally be the quickest route by foot.

I wonder if she had a birthday gift with her and what it was. Maybe that is also something the public could be looking for- type of wrapping paper, box, etc?

Wondering if mall security cameras have been checked. She could have walked into the mall and met up with someone inside, been offered a ride, and...

Is there a scanner link for this area? Is there a press conference schedule?

Wow, there is nothing down here in the Springs in our Gazette (not surprised about that). The Denver Post has the story under the News section -- not much detail and no picture! ...http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14791877

Today's story in the Greeley Tribune gives some additional details about Kayleah - she has asthma and is probably carrying an inhaler. Geez, I hope we hear some good news today that she has been found.
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100331/NEWS/100339961/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Just checking back in before I leave...Kia thanks so much for your information about the area, I wonder how often she walked to this friends house ? If she went there often someone could have been watching her and knew what route she took..
I hope they looked at video from the mall to see if she cut through the parking lot.

Mom did report her right away as being missing, she did the right thing as soon as she was aware, it also looks like she doesn't have a cell phone.
Maybe by this afternoon they will have more information out for her, I can't believe no one saw her get into a car or even walking down the road .....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam