CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an RSO directly east of the apartments south of the Mall (where the party was suppose to be). He's on my hinky meter...Go through the middle school field, and he's over there. I hope the Police look in that area.

If there was a map posted earlier, could you please update it. Thanks!~

FBI, Greeley PD, and Weld CO SO search area near 35 Ave. & 22nd St. in Greeley for missing girl Kayleah Wilson Saturday.
http://twitter.com/KUSADESK

I am thinking it is the Greeley Lake West Reservoir, DrF!

Here is a map from the mall to where they are searching. You can see the GLWR is right in that area. I also am posting a closer in view. Sorry if the margins get a bit blown.
bfj9lx.jpg

2lcybtv.jpg

Time of uncertainty: When a little girl goes missing

DENVER - As the search for Kayleah Wilson continues, one Colorado family knows how painful this time of uncertainty can be.

It has been 17 years since 5-year-old Alie Berrelez was abducted and murdered.

Each time a Colorado child goes missing, Alie's grandfather, Richard Berrelez, is reminded of those four days in May 1993, when Alie was nowhere to be found.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=135916

It is scary as this perp is still out there.

Divers are checking the Lake, makes sense...hope Kayleah is found safe. <shakes head>

IIRC on NG last night there was one .36 miles away (it was a graphic they were showing so this won't show up on the written transcript). That was shown as the closest to Kayleah. There were MANY in the area though.

Thank you Darlin Gal, the link you provided says

They finished their search of the lake after 4 p.m.

Does that mean for the day or they will not be back, search is complete?

Time of uncertainty: When a little girl goes missing

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=135916

It is scary as this perp is still out there.

Here is another scary one from Greeley.

The 12-year-old girl who disappeared during Christmas week in 1984 is still gone, and there is no real hope that she will ever be seen again.

On the night of Dec. 20, 1984, Jonelle Matthews sang Christmas carols with her school choir and was taken home by a friend. When her father came home an hour later, she was gone.

No trace has ever been found of Jonelle; no arrests, no evidential DNA, no answers.

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum/topics/25-years-later-jonelle?xg_source=activity

On the map in post #62, where is the birthday party Kayleah was supposedly walking to?

The 12-year-old girl who disappeared during Christmas week in 1984 is still gone, and there is no real hope that she will ever be seen again.

On the night of Dec. 20, 1984, Jonelle Matthews sang Christmas carols with her school choir and was taken home by a friend. When her father came home an hour later, she was gone.

No trace has ever been found of Jonelle; no arrests, no evidential DNA, no answers.

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum/topics/25-years-later-jonelle?xg_source=activity

thanks for that, these are just the ones I can think of, Perp is free, or is in prison then gets out, but is never caught for these crimes.
Jonelle Matthews - 1984
Alie Berrelez - 1993
Jon Benet Ramsey - 1996

panthera
user_online.gif

On the map in post #62, where is the birthday party Kayleah was supposedly walking to?

I didn't mark it on the map but it's by the mall. The birthday party that Kayleah was supposed to attend on Sunday was held in that area, in the 1900 block of 30th Street.

I didn't mark it on the map but it's by the mall. The birthday party that Kayleah was supposed to attend on Sunday was held in that area, in the 1900 block of 30th Street.
Thanks! :) I didn't remember the address so now I can find it on the map.

This is only speculation on my part but a search of the arrest records here

http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/dailyArrests/index.cfm

might help determine when Kayleah was in foster care.

Relevant? I don't know. I just know some had asked questions about the when/why.

Hello, I have been following all the forums on this case and finally decided to join in. I live here in Greeley and have been following this case, hanging flyers ect ect.

First thing I wanted to point out this post...the AW you search on the arrest records is NOT the mother of this girl, I know this because a relative of mine used to be friends with the AW in the records and also if you look at the birth date this lady is 32, KW mom is 36.

thanks for that, these are just the ones I can think of, Perp is free, or is in prison then gets out, but is never caught for these crimes.
Jonelle Matthews - 1984
Alie Berrelez - 1993
Jon Benet Ramsey - 1996

Ugh as far as the Ramsey thing... I personally think the perp is dead in that case. I knew that name would come up eventually. :banghead: lol I shup now. I think Alie and Tracy Neff were so young that this is a whole different animal. 26 years is a long time. I guess the perp could have been in jail all that time, but I just think this is more random. The MO's are a lot different.

rbstalk1- Welcome and thank you. It is nice to have people who are in the area or know a family member to help us move on to other things so thank you. Please feel free to add anything that we're not seeing, I'm in Pennsylvania so I have only the internet, your view is better. I assure you EVERYONE on this board only wants 1 thing, to have Kayleah come home safe.

Is there a reason you think the perp is dead in the JBR case?

Also wanted to clear a few things up from some previous posts I have read, they are too far back to qoute, but someone had mentioned our community did not seem to be responding enough to this, well in our defense this was not made public here in Greeley until late Tuesday night on the local newspaper website and then on Wednesday morning there was only a brief article about it that quickly fell to the bottom of the page until enough of us complained that is should be first priority until she is found.

There were no visible large scale ground searches going on, no warnings at our schools...nothing! I have to be honest is has been strange. We only live a few blocks Northwest of the apartment building and as I was driving around on Thursday I was amazed I did not see one flyer anywhere...so I came home downloaded the flier and began puting them up my self and to this day there are no more that what I put up. I guess it seems very hard to get involved on a large scale and help when the family just isn't out there, a lady from Evans went to the apt. to ask if AW needed anything and she said "no" so the lady proceeded to ask for any fliers and AW handed her a stack of fliers and shut the door. My son goes to an indoor skatepark here in town that is in the other side of the building of Higher Grounds, which is the teen hangout that they said KW frequented, so on Thursday night I was talking to the person who runs both and he had not heard a word about a girl being missing...what?? I guess I am very new to this happening in my community..thank goodness..but this is not what I would have expected.

I guess I am just wondering what else do you do when you want to help??

I just don't think this girl would have gotten into a car with someone she did not know and she is larger than most children her age and would have been harder to force (not that she could not have been...just saying...) which could still leave her getting into a car with someone she knew or thought she knew thru the neighborhood or brother or boyfriend, they asked if she wanted to take a ride or whatever and then maybe something bad happened...
just saying she would not have been an easy a target as a small child...maybe more the target of a 20-something type male...girls can be easily flattered and excited by taking a ride with a much older guy...I was dumb enough to do it more than once as a very young teen...and lucky too, in my case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member