CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Salem, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salem

Salem Former Member

Please continue here.

Thread 5

Salem

2. Loading...

3. Salem

Salem Former Member

Recent article regarding POI:

4. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Good link to get all the latest news stories on Kayleah as they're posted to the net, and to go back and grab older ones. Stories are posted in reverse date order, so the newest one always shows up first in the list:

http://interceder.net/news/kayleah-wilson

Here's the most recent at that link:

May 21, 2010 8:11 pm US/Mountain

Kayleah Wilson's Boyfriend Arrested For Sex Abuse

Greeley Police have arrested the boyfriend of murdered girl Kayleah Wilson for sexual assault on a child. Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, is accused of sexually abusing Wilson.

snip

Montoya is being held in the Weld County Jail on a $100,000 bond for Sexual Assault on a Child and Sexual Assault on a Child as a Pattern of Abuse.

CBS4 Investigators have learned police have established that Montoya was in a sexual relationship with Kayleah, involving what they call a pattern of abuse. The charges claim the abuse occured from Oct. 1, 2009 until March 28 of this year.

Greeley Police said this is a separate investigation from the murder investigation of Kayleah.

snip

He also said there are a wide range of people of interest that police will be following up on, but said there is nothing to indicate there is a family member as a suspect in the case.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/homicide.ditch.greeley.2.1708784.html

5. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I still want to know why the older half-brother, if that is what he is, was so quick to suggest she ran away...is this Montoya's buddy?

6. PickieChickie

PickieChickie Former Member

I'm confused. How does law enforcement know they had sex the night she disappeared? :waitasec:

7. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

I agree.

I think he confessed to it.eta confessed to the sexual relationship and dates it happened (as she is obviously not able to say it.. sorry to be blunt)

unless... there was a witness. but the alleged/reported end of the sexual relationship was the 28th of march.. same day she "vanished"

8. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

I thought it was the stepfather who said that. That maybe she had run away to California?

9. DairyGirl

DairyGirl New Member

I am thinking that LE presented him with evidence (or told them they had evidence) that proved he was sexually involved with her on that day and he confessed.

10. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

the whole situation only makes you want to stand in front of the perp/perps with a baseball bat and start swinging and don't stop. cases like this drive one to the deepest depths of sadness.

11. cluciano63

Tha half-brother made comments about her running away again....at one point...the step-father said separately that she may have gone to her father in CA...

I think Montoya probably admitted he sawy Kayleah that night and had sex and told LE that she was fine when she left him...LE may have told him they were seen together...

12. 'Ailina

'Ailina Inactive

"...pattern of abuse..."

Do you think this would imply consensual relations or rape/date rape??? (I realize "statutory rape" is the proper term, but I'm purely referring to mutual intent here.)

13. cluciano63

I think it means as in an on-going thing (can't legally consent if underage) rather than one event...even if Kayleah did consent, she can't, from a legal standpoint, so he would be charged or could be, for each event...

14. b4e

b4e Bubba's Mommy

I remember reading that the stepfather said it. Don't remember hearing that the older half-brother did (which doesn't mean he didn't say it...but I didn't see it).

15. b4e

b4e Bubba's Mommy

How many times had she run away in the past? Do we know? Or was the half-brother just blowing hot air?

16. 'Ailina

'Ailina Inactive

Right, that's understood. I'm wondering if the phrase "pattern of abuse" is implying she was engaging in these relations against her will, or if the phrase "abuse" is being applied in the usual legal sense.

But, I guess we really won't know until LE or the media address it in another context.

17. cluciano63

I don't think the law really differentiates as to whether it is consensual if underage, if that makes sense, i.e.it does not need to be a violent act, per se, to be considered assault, but I think we will have to wait to learn more.

18. OkGrace

OkGrace New Member

I am sickened that a 12 year old child is now gone and had an 18 year boyfriend.
    I was still so naive at that age....

19. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

And if that is true, I think it won't be long before he's facing other charges. If he is responsible for her death though I'm not sure he'd confess to anything since it seems getting rid of her would partly be to cover up the "relationship" and more charges ~ which he's now facing since her body was found. MOO

20. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

I agree that violence doesn't need to be present if the victim is underage. The law, imo, doesn't recognize that a minor can consent. It's still sexual assault. MOO

21. PickieChickie

PickieChickie Former Member

Absolutely not. A 12 year old is not old enough to consent to having sex. The 18-year-old is a pedophile, nothing more, nothing less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.