Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller Co, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

There's a little blip in this article I don't remember reading in any of the prior reports.

DEC 5, 2020
“Mistress of Death” Denied Parole; Prosecutors Taking Hard-line Stance Against Frazee Accomplice | The Mountain Jackpot News
... the parole board denied Lee the chance to get paroled saying that she had exhibited a “poor attitude” while being incarcerated.
This made my day Pommy. KK should be spending her holidays in prison for the rest of her miserable life IMO.

Isn't it ironic that she has a 'poor attitude' after all the fake tears and pretend sorrow during the trial?? ;)

Poor attitude??????
Why? She doesn't like cleaning up messy places?
She thinks maybe she's better than other criminals in prison????
No corn dogs from Sonic in JAIL??????
No poisoned Starbucks to pass to other inmates?
No bonfires to hang out at????????

What a frickin BRAT! Guess it's just not up to rodeo queen standards in there.
She got the deal of a lifetime ....suckitupbuttercup!

LOVE the title of the article!

Parole board hearings are open to the public but due to covid, KK's hearing was closed but recorded.

A news reporter from KKTV-11 made an FOIA request for the recording and I'll post it here when it's available.

Given that what we saw in court does not match the actions of the individual, no surprise KK is her true self in the big house! A bad attitude is probably putting it mildly.

I think we will hear KK putting on a good act before the board and I'm glad they did not buy it!

MOO

First dirtbag check of 2021.
She will prob be out around this time next year, but whatever cuz she's still in the slammer for now.

CDOC Offender Search (state.co.us)
Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 05"
Weight: 190
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date: 12/25/2020
Next Parole
Hearing Date: Nov 2021

This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 06/25/2022

Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

First dirtbag check of 2021.
She will prob be out around this time next year, but whatever cuz she's still in the slammer for now.

CDOC Offender Search (state.co.us)
Est. Parole
Next Parole
Hearing Date: Nov 2021

This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 06/25/2022

Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
I’m hoping that the Parole Board takes Dan May’s recommendations seriously. Three years needs to mean just that, three. full. years. We all know it does not at all reflect what she deserves and anything less than that is an insult to the memory of a beautiful, bright, loving young woman, ripped from her child and family by a monster that this twit thought was some kind of “catch.” Keep her.....right until June 25, 2022. JMHO

I’m hoping that the Parole Board takes Dan May’s recommendations seriously. Three years needs to mean just that, three. full. years. We all know it does not at all reflect what she deserves and anything less than that is an insult to the memory of a beautiful, bright, loving young woman, ripped from her child and family by a monster that this twit thought was some kind of “catch.” Keep her.....right until June 25, 2022. JMHO
AMEN!

gross...does she get a month credit for every month she is in jail?
I hope it feels like quadruple time in jail to her.
Sorry but she is a murderer to me.

Est. Parole

Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 06/01/2022

Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility

Colorado appeals court on Thursday ordered a new sentencing for an Idaho woman imprisoned in connection with the murder of Kelsey Berreth, who was killed by her fiancé in her Woodland Park condo on Thanksgiving Day in 2018.

Krystal Lee Kenney, 34, took a plea deal after being accused of plotting to kill Berreth and of cleaning up the murder scene. She pleaded guilty to tampering with physical evidence and admitted that she drove Berreth’s cell phone from Colorado to Idaho and disposed of it at Patrick Frazee’s request.

Krystal-Lee-Kenney.jpg

Krystal Lee Kenney (Colorado Department of Corrections)
Kenney had an intimate relationship with Frazee, the man who was convicted in November 2019 of killing Berreth, 29. Her body was never found.

Kenney lost a bid for parole last year, and her attorney has argued that her sentence was too long. A three-judge panel of the Colorado Court of Appeals agreed, ordering the case to be returned to 4th Judicial District Court Judge Scott Sells for resentencing. Appeals Judge Neeti Pawar wrote the opinion. Judges David Richman and Lino Lipinsky concurred.

“She’s serving an unconstitutional sentence,” her attorney, Dru Nielsen, told The Colorado Sun. “The judge did not have the ability to sentence her up to three years. There is no basis for aggravation.”

Kenney’s original sentence has been nullified because, according to Thursday’s appeals court ruling, “the district court erroneously sentenced her outside the maximum term.” Kenney is being held at the Denver Women’s Correctional Facility.

Kenney, a former nurse, received the maximum sentence of three years in prison on Jan. 27, 2020, followed by one year of mandatory parole. So far she has served 13 months of that three-year term. The maximum, without the aggravating factors, is now 18 months.

Kenney apologized to Berreth’s family at her sentencing last year.

“I know saying I’m sorry is not good enough. I don’t even know what the right word would be to describe the remorse that I feel,” she said. “I’m sorry Kaylee will not have her biological mother … and I’m sorry to everyone who’s been affected by this horrible tragedy. I am sorry that I could not save Kelsey.”

But Sells told Kenney that what she did was “… cold, calculating and cruel.” Sells added: “Simply saying I’m sorry is not enough. You made an ongoing, multi-day effort to tamper with evidence that spanned hours and hours and hundreds of miles.”

Nielsen said that statement constituted aggravating factors for Sells when he sentenced her client. “There is no basis for aggravation,” Nielsen said.

“She shouldn’t be in prison anymore,” Nielsen told The Sun.
Colorado court orders new sentencing for Idaho nurse imprisoned in connection with Kelsey Berreth’s murder

https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/50/6a/c2d18a2348ada954313acca450c5/19cr17-lee-plea-agreement.pdf

KK's actual plea agreement linked above cites KK's potential sentence would be:

...sentenced to Colorado DOC in the range 1 year to 18 months, or up to 3 years in the aggravated range, community corrections or probation. The actual sentence will be open to the court. ..

Still waiting on info from the 4th District DA. I'm assuming the problem might be with the definition of "aggravated range." If this is the case, then her sentence likely limited to 18 months.

I also think this decision probably something that can be appealed to a higher court.

Wait and see...

MOO

ETA:

Yes -- KK appealed the Judge's definition of "aggravated" factors.

Colorado court orders new sentencing for Idaho nurse imprisoned in connection with Kelsey Berreth’s murder

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back