Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Caring for the baby will be a healing. Remember the movie Steel Magnolias....

2. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Booked on charges for first degree murder AND solicitation of first degree murder. These are the charges filed against him, so sounds like he did try to hire or bribe (or whatever it takes) someone or more than one someone to kill her or to help him kill her.

Kelsey Berreth: Patrick Frazee, the fiancé of a missing mom in Colorado, is arrested and booked in her murder - CNN

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Where I live you may include in your will who you would like to have custody of your child IF you are the custodial parent and even then it is up to the court. There has to be good reason. They try to place the child with the biological parent first, ( if appropriate) and if that is not an option they consider things like how well the child knows the person (you requested) , whether or not they have kids themselves, their age, health, and many other things. It also depends on the child's age.
    Of course we don't know how capable PF's mom is of caring for a child for the next 17 years or so. We don't know her age, how her health is, or if she was implicated in any way in this crime. We don't know about Kelseys mom either (about age, etc) but she looked a lot healthier and younger to me. She also has the same religious background as her daughter so that may play a role. Jmo

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  4. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

I was so hoping that, with a brother in LE, the family would encourage PF to turn himself in, as Mark Hacking's family did. Sadly, this was not the case.

5. haven71

haven71 Well-Known Member

Regarding the solicitation to murder charge...

The most plausible meaning for this, to me, is that PF attempted to get someone else to kill KB. When that plan fell through, he then just killed her himself.

But is it possible that PF felt the noose closing in quickly and might’ve given false info about another person(s) as a last ditch effort to save himself? Like maybe telling LE that a co-conspirator actually was the one to kill KB and he hadn’t gone along with it in the end?

Probably not, since he reportedly wasn’t cooperating. Just something that popped into my head earlier today.

6. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

In my state CPS works hand in hand with LE I speculate the same in CO and that is why the baby was rightly given to CB IMO

7. katie565

katie565 Well-Known Member

Volumes

8. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Even CW's dad worked to get his son to confess. I see absolutely no remorse on the horizon in this case.

9. MsBetsy

Thank you! I thought it was only a possibility at this point. So that much we do know. I wonder who it turns out to be that he solicited.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    AgeofAquaruis and zecats like this.
  10. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I
    I think so & posted so earlier. But for K’s mom. Idk if PF’s mom has the wherewithal at this time to take on such responsibilities. But, I’ve never had an adult (or any) child charged with murdering his child’s mom. Me? I could not function. I would be an absolute wreck. Not to mention angry, embarrassed & ashamed.

11. KBB87

KBB87 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while now. I’ve wanted to contribute but I’m usually playing catch up and every time I had a question or was confused about something, I’d read a few more posts and my question would be answered by @PommyMommy or @scdiv (and a number of others.) Then I’d have an opinion or thought that was soon perfectly articulated by @gitana1 or @Gardener1850 or @MassGuy or @Kapua (and a number of others!)

Anyways, I’ve been reading and getting to “know” some of you and I just felt like a creeper for not introducing myself. I’m KBB, and I’m so glad that a community like this one exists. This is such a great group of incredibly intelligent and perceptive people. I don’t have any friends or family that take interest in these true crime cases like I do, so it’s nice to have a place like this where I can keep up with the cases and read the thoughts and theories of likeminded people.

12. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

I don't know about that one, but that's a whole other 67 threads!

13. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Wow, now that’s a name we don’t hear much. MH. I guess he’s out or nearly out of prison?

Which dept. does P’s bro work for?

Hello KBB

PommyMommy, KBB87 and LietKynes like this.
  14. katie565

Huh? He’s been charged with 1st degree murder and solicitation for murder.

15. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yes and the courts recognize it - it’s more difficult for married couples but we have done them with different guardians depending on who survives if they both agree - sometimes people recognize their child may be better off without the surviving parent - it’s a young law so we will see how it is handled on appeal but for singles, divorced custodial parents it’s an option. At the very least it gives a Judge pause should there be a fight about why a parent wants someone other than the bio parent to be a guardian

16. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

Colorado Springs

17. katie565

I think Kelsey’s aunt was lied to. Two people know what happened.....

18. MsBetsy

Yes, thank you, I edited my post. I had just returned home and was reading quickly through that part and thought people were just discussing the possibility.

19. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

He is Police Officer in Colorado springs.

20. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

<modsnipped request to sleuth family>

It would be nice if Kelsey's baby could have her last name changed to her mom's maiden name... then she wouldn't have to live life with a murderers' surname.

I recall the Mark Hacking case. Horrible. :(
    Lori's name on her gravestone was changed back to her maiden name.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.