CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this report (5:30 mark), Fox News asked police what's next and learned:
  1. There will be searches for Kelsey's body in the next few days.
  2. Forensic evidence will be sent to the lab
  3. They are working on retrieving more data from Kelsey's phone, which was apparently found and located near Twin Falls, Idaho
Whoa....#3! I didn't know her phone was found!

jmo

It sounds to me as though the relationship between KB and PF developed quickly as an online romance. And that she got pregnant immediately upon moving to Colorado upon PF's enouragement and empty promises. She was optimistic and thought he was her dream come true, but once she moved to Colorado, he isolated her from family and then emotionally abandoned her. Poor sweet KB and her baby. So tragic.

And something that has always stuck out to me at that presser where her mother was at.

She wasn't going to say a word, but she stepped forward unexpectedly and interrupted the speaker to answer a question by the media and said that her daughter had never lived with him.

I thought that was very interesting and couldn't figure out why.

Perhaps there is some law as far as the baby's custody that is entwined with whether they lived together at any point?

Yes because if they lived together for a period of time, they would be considered common law married and he woul automatically be the father of any child born in the relationship.
At least thats how it is in TX...I know, I went thru it.
Now we know why its been repeatedly pointed out that they lived apart.

What I have seen with similar cases is the family of the murderer withholds the child and then bashes the other family to the child (if old enough to understand). Perhaps it's hard for them to put the needs of the child over their anger about their loved one being charged.

Here's an example:

Family cut ties after Michelle Young's murder

For this reason and my biased feeling that murderers aren't created in a vacuum, I prefer the family of the victim having custody with contact with the other family carefully controlled.

I agree 100 percent that i would prefer the victims family to have custody and the other family's access to be carefully controlled. We did that in our family. My cousin had custody of her sisters children but their dad's family had access and it progressed to overnights once a month. It started off a bit shaky, trust is a hard thing. There were ground rules - no contact with the dad who was incarcerated- not through letters etc. We knew they would probably say good things about him, but once you get past the loathing you have , you realize it is important that the kids know their gene pool isn't half monster. there were good things about him, we don't understand why he did something so hurtful and wrong ... and lots of therapy. It has worked for over 10 yrs now. It obviously can't always be done, and may not always work but the children come first- safety, mental health etc

According to this report (5:30 mark), Fox News asked police what's next and learned:
  3. They are working on retrieving more data from Kelsey's phone, which was apparently found and located near Twin Falls, Idaho
The distance between Gooding, ID and Twin Falls, ID is 35 miles. Hmm. Who was dumb enough to send those texts for Patrick? With what can this person be charged?

wonder what the connection is between patrick and twin falls?

Came home to this news and you could have knocked me over with a feather! I really thought he was being railroaded by a jump to guilt LE.

I'm really anxious to hear the continuing story.

Now I'm praying he will tell them where to find Kelsey.

If this is true, and they found her phone, I have to believe that they were led to it by the person who disposed of it.

I suppose there is the chance that it was somehow located without the help of a third party, but I have strong doubts about that.

I think someone is talking, and we know it ain’t Cowboy Pat.
But didn’t they say they don’t have the identity of the idndividual solicited yet?

Although it does make scence in terms or how the body, and certainly the phone were moved.

Where was the child during the arrest?
She was already in protective custody and apparently had been for several days. Notice you didn't see PF toting her around with him recently did you?? - to the waste management facility, when he was confronted by a reporter at his gate, etc.

"burner phones can still be located over a cellular network by the temporary phone number, or logged whenever you call someone else’s phone via their carrier." and there are a few other ways as well. None of them are 100 percent though. Honestly, I am guessing whoever is involved in this is not a top notch assassin. Probably just a dumb *advertiser censored*...
Probably just a dumb *advertiser censored*. I realize all cell phones need to connect to a tower in order to function. However, many people or criminals who are trying to go undetected use burner phones because they aren’t connected to a name with a contract. jmo

Came home to this news and you could have knocked me over with a feather! I really thought he was being railroaded by a jump to guilt LE.

I'm really anxious to hear the continuing story.

Now I'm praying he will tell them where to find Kelsey.
BBM
Re. the bolded bit: Not holding my breath on that one. :(

whoa they found the phone?
Playing catch up here.....thanks for posting that!!

But didn’t they say they don’t have the identity of the idndividual solicited yet?
They said they haven’t made an arrest yet.

This doesn’t even have to be the person who was solicited, this could be someone involved as a conspirator after the fact.

Or someone else.

Or no one at all.

I think it’s unlikely they were able to find it on their own, although it’s not outside the realm of possibility.

Hi everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while now. I’ve wanted to contribute but I’m usually playing catch up and every time I had a question or was confused about something, I’d read a few more posts and my question would be answered by @PommyMommy or @scdiv (and a number of others.) Then I’d have an opinion or thought that was soon perfectly articulated by @gitana1 or @Gardener1850 or @MassGuy or @Kapua (and a number of others!)

Anyways, I’ve been reading and getting to “know” some of you and I just felt like a creeper for not introducing myself. I’m KBB, and I’m so glad that a community like this one exists. This is such a great group of incredibly intelligent and perceptive people. I don’t have any friends or family that take interest in these true crime cases like I do, so it’s nice to have a place like this where I can keep up with the cases and read the thoughts and theories of likeminded people.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members