CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a question near the end of the last thread about a court hearing scheduled for next Thursday, December 27, which named Kelsey Berreth as a party. I'm bringing my answer to that question over here--

You don't think this was a hearing scheduled for KB and PF to determine temp custody and child support?

so today has shown me that ( I guess a good thing) some concepts take a little while to settle in for me...because I apparently don't think like a criminal.

Thanks everyone for trying to clarify for me!

That did not originate with Kelsey.

CO is odd. A parentage custody case can be classified as JV "Juvenile", which is also adoptions, criminal cases involving minors, and dependency cases when CPS gets involved. Or, it can be classified as DR "domestic relations". If Kelsey had an outstanding child support case, that can be filed as a JV case. And then custody issues can be determined via that case number as well.

However, we know that did not happen because nothing else is on the docket. In addition, this is a hearing for "temporary custody" which tend to be set within days of an application. Not a month or more later. And Kelsey has been gone for over a month.

This is definitely a CPS case having to do with the temporary custody of the baby, since they took her into protective custody. It doesn't have anything to do with something Kelsey caused to be filed.

As a CASA, I agree. I *am* surprised (happily) that CPS/DCFS gave temporary custody to KB’s family and not PF’s mother. By all accounts, PF’s mother has been local, active and familiar to K. There’s a reason she wasn’t given temporary custody. I hope the judge affirms custody with KB’s mom

You don't think this was a hearing scheduled for KB and PF to determine temp custody and child support?
No, child protective services and the state are also on the docket. It is for little K's current status. Not sure about colorado but when CPS takes a child in there has to be a court date in 5 days. So colorado would be somewhat similar

As a CASA, I agree. I *am* surprised (happily) that CPS/DCFS gave temporary custody to KB’s family and not PF’s mother. By all accounts, PF’s mother has been local, active and familiar to K. There’s a reason she wasn’t given temporary custody. I hope the judge affirms custody with KB’s mom
Speculation: I wonder if PF's mom agreed to give up custody (at least temporarily) while this chaos is happening in her home? Perhaps she didn't feel up to caring for a little one while her son is hauled off to jail. IDK - just idling thinking aloud.

mo

From what we learned on another site from the neighbor, Kelsey's mom visited Kelsey and her baby frequently.

Speculation: I wonder if PF's mom agreed to give up custody (at least temporarily) while this chaos is happening in her home? Perhaps she didn't feel up to caring for a little one while her son is hauled off to jail. IDK - just idling thinking aloud.

mo
I agree -- especially if custody is the alleged motive for KB murder.

Where did he grow up? Usually I can find marriage and birth records through ancestry and I found absolutely nothing on him.

I’ve only seen Colorado addresses for him in my subscription services. One came up in Jamaica, NY, but I wasn’t able to back that up with any other info, so assuming a metadata issue.

His mom owned a home in Colorado Springs (sold in 1999) and in Grove, OK (sold in 2010)

Where did he grow up? Usually I can find marriage and birth records through ancestry and I found absolutely nothing on him.
I heard a blurb on Fox31 Denver tonight, said people from high school in Florissant remember him, I believe there.

Broke my heart, the title caption on the bottom of the screen read her home was the scene of a "violent crime"

Maybe the same reason she had to be detained.

7537196-6505647-image-a-52_1545086276707.jpg

JoDee refused to say whether or not she had suspected Frazee saying: 'At this point I can't say anything, I've been having to bite my tongue for a while so I should probably continue.'

She added: 'My first concern is Kelsey's very immediate family, I worry so much for Kaylee, for Cheryl, her dad Darell and her brother.

"That's where my first thoughts go, but definitely secondary to that absolutely I hope that all the answers come out so the family can have all the questions answered and justice is done. Right now where my heart is just with her family.'

Kelsey's parents are in Woodland Park, Colorado, and her brother has been there for a large part of the search for his sister.

Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online

Per docket info: IMO, to have court 12/27, the date had to be established prior to today. Dockets are generated in advance, at least where I live.
I agree and I would think they would file an emergency motion since both parents are not able to care for the baby, however if no one is disputing the arrangement made by child protective services it may not be necessary. Court dates seem to be scheduled out 2 months for parenting time issues in Colorado. IMO it's probable if what her aunt said was true that she had called off the engagement (either KB or PF) petitioned the court 2 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77