Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Of course for the ones who are innocent of all this. But who are they?
    <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
    RachB65, MrsM, moonlessnight and 19 others like this.
  2. skyedaze

skyedaze Well-Known Member

Earlier someone posted a screenshot that showed charges of 1st degree murder and also solicitation for murder. It was on the previous thread earlier today.

3. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

@gitana1 mentioned Mark Hacking's family earlier. His brothers persuaded him to confess and tell the truth. He did a despicable thing, but his family expressed remorse and sorrow to Lori's family and said there was never any doubt that Mark would plead guilty. It was the best possible way for a family to handle a terrible crime. It's mind-boggling to me, in any case, when family members go on a social media crusade, defending a loved one by victim bashing. No filter, no sense of what's appropriate, no impulse control. I would be absolutely mortified.

Maybe I am just completely out of touch. I have a facebook and scroll but don't post. My significant other calls it "Trackbook" and refuses to have an account. About once a year I'm allowed to report to him any facebook gossip. My brother is LE and doesn't have an account. My father still answers landlines and hears a beep for call waiting and each and every time says, "What do I hit, flash??" He has zero social media presence and never will. And my mother only posts on crockpot and air fryer recipe groups. I just can't even imagine any of them engaging or being aggressive with strangers or infiltrating group pages in an underhanded way.

I do feel for his family if they had nothing to with this, but if it were my child who was murdered, I wouldn't want any of his family near my granddaughter, innocent or not. That might not be fair, but that would likely be my personal feeling. imo.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  4. katie565

katie565 Well-Known Member

How does that work? Interesting. So one parent can limit access to another parent after incapacitation or death? Hmmm

MsBetsy likes this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I thought it was Kelseys Aunt that said she had broken up with him on Thanksgiving day. Unless she heard that from Kelseys mom who heard it from PF.

6. Crooked Chicken

Crooked Chicken Well-Known Member

7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm assuming PF was the original source of that story and that is why her mom asked her aunt to remove that post. JMO. We should find out eventually though.

ETA: I'm thinking of the "she broke up with me and said she was going to Soap Lake, WA" story as PF's version of "an emotional conversation" -- i.e. it didn't happen. MOO.

8. jaspermac

jaspermac Well-Known Member

Don't forget the mom did not have control over who did or did not see the baby. That was PF's decision. She could have been pleading with him to let the grandma see the baby. Or not we don't know. re the not being out in front of the camera. I don't fully understand that but again for all we know PF"s lawyer told the entire family to stand down and stay away from media. If there was a smear campaign from someone in the family- that is not acceptable on any level. Trust me my compassion is always with the victim's family, but I also feel compassion for the perps family, because so often they are blindsided and in pain and while the rest of us see the truth, it is very hard for them to believe it. But everyone has different feelings and thats okay

9. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Really, I wonder if PF’s mom is emotionally stable enough to care for the child. Her head must be spinning after P’s arrest. I think she’ll be very busy with his case for the next few months, having no time or energy for a small child.

Becky ( iirc) mentioned a few posts back something about whether K’s mom has had legal advice in preparation for today’s event. I would think so. Had he not been arrested, I doubt K’s mom was going to accept no visitation.

MsBetsy, oviedo and Warwick7 like this.
  10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I can’t “feel” for his family yet - I want to know who helped plan and cover up for him but I respect this option for those that do JMO

11. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Could they have begun to disappear?
    Leave the 'ranch' and go elsewhere.
    Perhaps LE were watching, and therefore PF and Mum were taken into custody immediately.
    MOO.

12. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

I bet it’ll all come out in the documents... there’ll be more to this story, and what happened today with the custody piece, IMO....

angelainwi, Seenit, Hatfield and 6 others like this.
  13. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

I read someone’s earlier post that LE likes to do early Friday morning arrests... something about keeping them over the weekend, and in the news over the weekend, IIRC...

Seenit, Gardener1850, tmar and 2 others like this.
  14. Love Never Fails

PommyMommy,
    Been busy last two days but trying to catch up on last thread and this one tonight. I just want to thank you for all the timelines and information you have posted. It’s so easy to catch up with the real facts when you are doing all the hard work. You are much appreciated!

15. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

Deleted.

MassGuy likes this.
  16. katie565

katie565 Well-Known Member

Have you seen that happen? I know you’re a lawyer in CO so I believe you. I just can’t imagine. Any examples?

NoClouseau likes this.
  17. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

I totally agree. MOO.

18. Love Never Fails

LOL...your family sounds just like mine. This is the only site where I have ever posted.

Mo Thuairim, susiQ, Kapua and 3 others like this.
  19. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

BBM. Oh, that reminds me of a question I wanted to ask. Does anyone know if CO has rules about how family members of LE are treated in jail? For example, I know in some states if you are closely related to LE they will not put you in general population as a courtesy and for your safety as well. PF's brother is Colorado Springs LEO. If they put PF in with the rest of the regular lock-ups there could be someone his brother has arrested in the past who wants to attack PF just because of his name. Will PF stay in the infirmery or solitary due to his brother?

20. esayer

esayer Well-Known Member

She had K in Oct, 2017. She hasn't been on good terms with PF probably since she got pregnant. I'd be really surprised if she's pregnant again.

<mod changed name to initial>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.