CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if PF was smart enough to purposely send a red herring with the phone pinging in another state. I have a hard time believing that he's that crafty. I think he possibly just gave evidence to someone else to dispose of, including KB's phone, and said text these messages. I wonder if he even counted on them "pinging" or thought that through. If anything, it seems like he created more of an issue for himself by leading investigators to a new evidence location.

I see what all you are saying but to me IMO it is quite trivial. BUT you could be correct with how PK was thinking. Especially if he was the controlling type. Which makes me wonder if his mother was that little voice in his ear as well that fanned the flames. Ugh I feel like he is much more sinister than what might be thought. MOO
In my opinion custody issues are never easy. There are always problems and nobody gets everything they want and it can be very emotional. Some parents just cannot get along. You would be surprised how many have the drop off/ pickup location at a public place, like McDonald's or a police station, so as to avoid confrontation.
For people who like being in control, it can be very frustrating having to abide by a court order. Especially when the judge agrees with one parent over the other.
Something tells me PF would not have liked having someone telling him when he could or could not see his child. Imo

BC crimes against women which are known to lead to homicide are not taken seriously.

Wow. Kind of bizarre to find this so close together. May 20, 2018 he was arrested for attempted strangulation, and Nov. 18, 2018 he was arrested for domestic violence. All of his mugshots he looks wasted out of his mind. Why wasn't he locked up?

I have no experience with how loud a gun would be if it had a silencer?

Tbh, that would have been really fast. It’s my hope, in this awful scenario.
“Silencers” are simply suppressors, that muffle the sound of a gunshot.

It doesn’t sound anything like it does in the movies, and the sound is far from “silence.”

The gunshots would still be loud enough to be heard by neighbors.

I don’t think a gun was used here.

I was going to mention that earlier. It was actually 48 Hours if I recall.

It appears to have been a scam that many people fell for.

People would contact a particular hitman service on the dark web, and end up losing a ton of money, as this organization didn’t actually perform that “service.”

Scary that there are so many people out there that want to kill people.

One of the cases featured in that episode, involved a guy who tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife.

He ended up doing it himself, but his payment to that hitman website did him in.
Wow. I guess that would be a lucrative business. I mean if you collect the money for the hit and then don't do, what's the buyer going to do - go to the police and complain, "I paid x dollars (what's the going rate these days?) and the hitman didn't kill my pregnant girlfriend?" Call your credit card company and file a report to reverse the charge? Or can you Venmo the money now - what is the emoji to use for that? (Not that I'm looking for a new career path.)

That really is quite scary that there is a market of buyers out there, oh my.

you wonder how/why the brother and mom didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when they went to her house during/after the welfare check if she had been murdered there. did the murderer clean up well enough that forensics would be needed to identify that violence occurred?

I also still wonder why neither PF's place nor KB's home were searched earlier? I guess they needed evidence for a warrant for PF, but did they need a warrant for KB's place too?

Narcissists always look for someone who will take care of them. Hope your daughter will find a nice guy. She sounds like a wonderful person. You could be right, except I think she was strangled so there would be no loud noises. Even if LE is saying Ricky Weaver isn't the perp, that doesn't mean it's true. That guy had been in jail in May for attempted strangulation. I think he put her into the shower, dismembered her, put her in an ice chest and took her body to Idaho or somewhere in between. PF gave him the code to her phone to ping it in Idaho, on the way to her grandmothers. Prior to leaving, he returned the truck and saws to PF and transferred KB into his truck.

Wow. I guess that would be a lucrative business. I mean if you collect the money for the hit and then don't do, what's the buyer going to do - go to the police and complain, "I paid x dollars (what's the going rate these days?) and the hitman didn't kill my pregnant girlfriend?" Call your credit card company and file a report to reverse the charge? Or can you Venmo the money now - what is the emoji to use for that? (Not that I'm looking for a new career path.)

That really is quite scary that there is a market of buyers out there, oh my.
Haaaa exactly.

I do love reading those newspaper headlines that say:

“Florida man calls police to report that he was sold powdered sugar, instead of cocaine.”

It’s always in Florida...

I was going to mention that earlier. It was actually 48 Hours if I recall.

It appears to have been a scam that many people fell for.

People would contact a particular hitman service on the dark web, and end up losing a ton of money, as this organization didn’t actually perform that “service.”

Scary that there are so many people out there that want to kill people.

One of the cases featured in that episode, involved a guy who tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife.

He ended up doing it himself, but his payment to that hitman website did him in.

(Indeed, it was a scam and how sad and scary so many people inquired about such services! spoiler alert, the hit man actually alerted press or LE iirc about victims that were inquired about and their lives were potentially saved, additionally (spoiler alert), there was a “good guy” hacker who didn’t really know the hit man was a scam si we wise trying to hack his service and alerting LE as well, something like that...)

(Furthermore, it was quite a brilliant scheme I might add—-who is really going to call the cops and say “Um, yeah hi, I paid this guy to kill my wife but he didn’t do it...”)

correct. without court orders, actual physical custody of the child determines who has custody.
I think there was some evidence KB could have used in family court to fight PF getting any custody. some behavior towards the child that occurred at PF's residence. And a guy like PF would not be ok paying ANY child support. He probably wouldn't have been paying much if any, bc of their similar salaries (or hers being higher) and the incredibly low percentage of child support the paying parent pays in Colorado.

With these guys, custody is about who is the better person - I mean who looks better to others. It's all about appearances and maintaining a certain image. He may have needed custody to prove to others that he is better than she is. If he had started the smear campaign, as it seems he might have given the flying monkeys who have come around supporting him, he would need proof that KB was "crazy" and unfit as a mother, especially if she had any evidence of abuse/neglect against him, or even substance abuse. Custody would be that proof.

In my situation, custody was extremely important to my ex. I could have fought him and maintained 100%. I had evidence. I would have been in greater danger if I had. Ultimately I did what my child needed. The courts and LE were involved suddenly and immediately and we were separated by him going to jail and having restraining orders against him. That snapped him out of his delusional, narcissistic world a little bit, slowly. But if it had not happened that way, I may have never gotten out and he may not have been held accountable even a little bit, to the extent that stopped him from going down a terrible path and forced him to show everyone that he is a good dad.

If it was about custody, and Kelsey was leaving, taking the child, then he would not have access.

Last edited:
Based on you saying that, I sleuthed your posts and found your comment on this video, Thanks ( for those wanting to see the mother walking at about 1:10 into the video)

ETA. Lol, while I was spending my time searching Denver girl and pommy already got this.
Her gait is typical of someone with bad/sore knees - arthritis, in need of joint replacement ....

you wonder how/why the brother and mom didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when they went to her house during/after the welfare check if she had been murdered there. did the murderer clean up well enough that forensics would be needed to identify that violence occurred?

I also still wonder why neither PF's place nor KB's home were searched earlier? I guess they needed evidence for a warrant for PF, but did they need a warrant for KB's place too?

This is why I think it wrong to say PF was completely inept in his plotting...apparently a few trips to her home revealed nothing. Only after some other factor took LE back there did they begin to find evidence of murder. So...not saying he is smart, but it could be that he did arrange the distant ping etc...if he did or had done for him such a clean-up job that no one noticed. Jmo

if she was strangled, there may have been very little obvious physical evidence. If PF was there, she may not have been frightened or concerned and may not had time to have fought. If it was someone else, it might have happened too fast. even CW tried to get rid of bedding that may have had physical evidence. I'm sure PF or accomplice did at least that much clean up. It may have been discarded bedding at the dump that triggered luminol searches in the home.

This is why I think it wrong to say PF was completely inept in his plotting...apparently a few trips to her home revealed nothing. Only after some other factor took LE back there did they begin to find evidence of murder. So...not saying he is smart, but it could be that he did arrange the distant ping etc...if he did or had done for him such a clean-up job that no one noticed. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave