Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

It's ironic, because Ridgeway's IQ was actually quite low. Yet he was either a criminal mastermind, or really, really lucky!

PF, thankfully, was stopped before he could go on to gain anymore experience in homicide.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Haaaa. Well he had enough experience in homicide with 50 murders under his belt.

You do anything that often, you will get good at it.

Smart or not.

3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Interestingly, Ridgeway’s IQ was 89 so not the brightest bulb, either. But perhaps his preys (young runaway girls) were not much looked for by their families, it helped him.

4. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

“She also owns two additional properties in the area.”

Moonracer, tmar, PommyMommy and 5 others like this.
  5. margarita25

(Not a bad post, Gardener, I think you might have missed a spot though. Just kidding! No for real though, well done, thank you, very thorough and helpful (even though I’m following far removed for my own sanity)—hope you posted this in the media thread, checking.

ETA: It wasn’t there but it is now. :) )

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    vaporlass, MrsM, Emi and 23 others like this.
  6. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Sadly, it all came up to the victims. He preyed on runaway teenagers who were prostitutes around SeaTac area. The nature of their job made determination of disappearance more difficult. He had long periods of inactivity during marriages. But the sheer amount of his victims and the fact that they were afraid to go to the police (risking death rather than talking to the police) shaped my views of this problem, prostitution, and what we should do to provide social protection to this group, because, give or take, they are women, our sisters.

7. margarita25

I’m really missing our Late Great @Foxfire in this discussion re: Ridgeway.

(Longtime WS'er, FOXFIRE, has passed away
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/325542/ )

Lemme see if I can pull a relevent quote, standby, ok here we go:

Foxfire
    (Don’t you guys love how he made it over from the old forum as a “new member” :) )

“....Most inmates at ADX SuperMax are going to be there for life or beyond.. Nothing to lose.. I've done a lot of research on GR. Like most SK's he had two selves; good Gary & evil Gary. Stabbed a kid after luring him into the woods at the age of 14; aproximate age that most SKs cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality, imo. After stabbing the kid, the kid ask GR 'why did you kill me'? GR laughed and replied, 'just to see what it felt like'.. The kid survived and was in the courtroom when GR was sentenced to multiple LWOPs..”

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    realms, Daisy47, angelainwi and 16 others like this.
  8. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

I miss the wisdom he brought to discussions! He was a huge help in the threads about that Oakland warehouse fire.

Ridgeway did luck out because of his choice in victims, which is sad. There was such an uproar over Bundy, and he killed far less people, but murdered college girls make headlines, I guess. Neither of them killed anyone they knew well, though. PF should have known that if the mother of his child went missing he was going to be the first suspect they looked at.

realms, Daisy47, Charlot123 and 11 others like this.
  9. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

I think I have this one figured out. The Twin Falls evidence is probably related to the purchase of drywall and/or paint. If they can connect him to that, it also puts him near where her phone pinged. Blood evidence from his vehicle would prove that she was killed and moved in his truck. Blood evidence from her walls would establish the scene of the crime. It's possible that the Twin Falls evidence is tied to an accomplice. Either he sent someone there or had someone accompany him on the trip. That person's cell phone data probably provided evidence that was used to roll over the accomplice. So now there's a witness prepared to testify against him. It's anybody's guess who this witness might be. But I'd put money on it being a low-life. And he probably has access to a lot of those types.

Daisy47, cujenn81, Charlot123 and 7 others like this.
  10. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Quite honestly, most LEO are very ethical, with an impeccable moral compass. It could very easily be that his own family helped LEO piece together the timeline and scenario that lead to PF being charged with KB's disappearance.

We don't know the family dynamics of PF's family, but I know this much, usually when one adult child lives at home, without leaving the nest, the others have feelings of disdain and/or jealousy for that sibling.

Do we know if PF is the youngest son?

11. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

Good Christmas Eve Morning all,
    Getting a tiny bit of snow flurries here this morning!
    2942 I believe I read that PF is the youngest of four siblings.

12. Beamer15

Beamer15 Well-Known Member

Ok we agree then. I think her death was tragic and sudden.

13. InvSmith

InvSmith Sometimes your cross is carried by strangers

I would imagine this was a psychologically controlling abuse with her daughter placed in the middle to control KB's actions. This would have been like walking on eggshells.

realms, Daisy47, crhedBngr and 5 others like this.
  14. margarita25

Daisy47, libraryg, crhedBngr and 18 others like this.
  15. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

Police confirmed the phone ended up in the same region that the pings came from. If the ping/texts were done to throw off the investigation (which I believe they were) why did he chose to ditch that phone in the same vicinity? Did he want authorities to find it? Or did he leave it with someone he trusted? I suspect PF has one less Christmas card to mail out this season.

Daisy47, jewelsmac, Sanz and 3 others like this.
  16. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Yes, he is the youngest child. To take that further, often parents
    are not as strict in disciplining the youngest and they usually get
    away with 'murder', instead of punishment.
    Do we know how old PF was when his parents divorced?
    I wonder how much or how little benefit he had of having a
    father around while he was growing up.
    Staying w/ the mother hints to me maybe he was always a
    momma's boy and daddy didn't pay much attention to him.
    Can't help but wonder where his life started to go so wrong.
    Did he do little things when he was young and never got caught and never punished or corrected? So he just escalated being
    the bad boy. ????

17. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who watches the video of KB and daughter - wondering about her thoughts that day? Was she looking forward to a pleasant Thanksgiving Day with her daughter? She was vibrant and alive. Beautiful precious Kelsey. It actually hurts my heart to see her and Baby Girl in that video. Kelsey should be among the living. Enjoying Christmas Eve. Looking forward to a special day with her daughter.

May justice be swift.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow WEBSLEUTHS friend.

Daisy47, jewelsmac, allboys and 27 others like this.
  18. 1mtroyal

1mtroyal Well-Known Member

There is still a hole in the information on PF being a cattle rancher. Where are all his cattle? Did he lease another ranch?

19. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

cpeacock1 which video is that, don't think I saw it.

It is sad for them all and the holidays will never be the same. I too hope justice will be swift but I am thinking this might go on for quite sometime. I hope not and we never know.

Hatfield, cpeacock1 and PommyMommy like this.
  20. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Do we know where the baby is for Christmas? Poor little girl,
    now without her mommy and daddy and grandma who took care of her. Is she with strangers or KB's family. Poor little orphan.

Hatfield and PommyMommy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.