Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzy5980

Jazzy5980 Well-Known Member

Defendant holds himself out as a cowboy and farrier, his participation in rodeos is documented and his name is Pat. As such, who can object to ‘Cowboy Pat’?

2. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

Guess we will find out on Dec 27 who is fighting for Baby K. Some questions may be answered on that day.

Daisy47, MassGuy, Sanz and 6 others like this.
  3. NanZDrew

Thanks!

MsBetsy likes this.
  4. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I have just read posts on here saying the baby had her last name. I don't know the source of that info though.

MassGuy, EmilyVan and MsBetsy like this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

He must have signed the birth certificate or he would not have been allowed to have the baby in his custody all the time Kelsey was missing. But I was under the impression the baby had her last name also, since I've read it here several times. Imo

cattlekate, EmilyVan and SoVeryMe like this.
  6. NanZDrew

Exactly. The "breakup" feeds into the narrative that she took off, that possibly she was distraught, or going to cry in Grandma's arms.

MrsM, kimpage, Angelo and 9 others like this.
  7. katydid23

I think his mother wanted him to have custody, not her, herself. She wanted to help raise the baby, imo.

Daisy47, MassGuy, Sanz and 8 others like this.
  8. MsBetsy

To me that means she gave her her last name because she wasn't sure if the father was going to stick around, or she did not intend to marry him. Imo

9. katydid23

I am not sure that is true, that he wouldn't have been allowed to have the baby with him. By the time she was reported missing, they were focused on finding her, not the custody issues. Especially because KB's mother had assumed they were engaged and he was the father. So there was no reason for authorities to question legal custody at that point.

10. SoVeryMe

SoVeryMe Well-Known Member

I personally take it the same way. I don’t think marriage was a given at that time.

Daisy47, Sanz, MCDRAW and 4 others like this.
  11. LAHOLLA

LAHOLLA Your momma

Just making sure this notice isn’t missed :)

FrankieT, Daisy47, kimpage and 16 others like this.
  12. MsBetsy

True, but I would think if his name was not on the birth certificate it would have been easy for Kelsey's mom to have the child during that time, and he wouldnt have legally been able to keep her from seeing her. His name being on the legal document gave him that right. At least that's how it is where I am from. Imo

13. <modsnip OT>

But getting back to the case, I am curious, do you think there will be a presser tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2018
    NanZDrew likes this.
  14. EmilyVan

EmilyVan Skeptic

no... I wish tho

15. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

ITA. And if they (Grandma F) were keeping K when KB was working 12 hour shifts + 2 hours driving time, they may have felt like they should be keeping her all the time. The disagreement over K could have been part of an ongoing discussion between PF and KB and he knew she wasn't about to leave K with him and end the relationship. Regardless of any past discussion, I think KB thought everything was fine on TG.

LAHOLLA, MsBetsy, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
  16. katydid23

Yes. I think PF and Mama F thought they should be the primary caretakers from then on.

I have a lot of relatives with farms and ranches. Grandma's take full daily responsibility for the little ones because the moms and dads are so busy dealing with farm chores, animals etc.

Daisy47, LAHOLLA, Jessthinkin and 7 others like this.
  17. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

That hearing may be confidential.

18. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Very true! They would conceal him, somewhat! Ya know, some people just don’t pay attention, either. Me, I’m the opposite. Plus, people are busy while driving. They’re texting, talking, eating, applying make up, etc.

MsBetsy likes this.
  19. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I do. A brief update!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2018
    LAHOLLA, Warwick7, MCDRAW and 3 others like this.
  20. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Since PF had custody of the child after KB disappeared I think we can assume he is the father on the birth certificate. They would not have had to have a formal agreement on custody if they didn’t want one. They are both parents the same as if they were married: equal joint legal custody . If she wanted to move to Idaho or wherever she could. But he could have filed a petition in the district court to establish custody, visitation and support. He actually might have been able to present a pretty could case that he should be awarded primary custody. Moms don’t just automatically get custody any more.

The Saint, Irmese, TRB and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.