Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

Do we know if he had a current hunting license ? Or are they required in CO for a resident ? If he has a hunting license has he used any of the tags ? Did he keep a skull for mount ? If so the info where the animal was taken will be on the tag. Might be worth a look see . Elk season for example:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018

2. Johnny1181

Johnny1181 Former Member

Yet another woman, another mother, murdered that we are discussing here. Over and over again.

Over and over again.

Perhaps there's something proactive we could put forth.

Something, somewhere, where women or friends could reach out.

Instead of figuring all of this **it out after.

National Abuse Hotline https://www.thehotline.org/

Excellent resource.

https://www.whengeorgiasmiled.org/

Be safe and reach out.

Night.

StarEyes, Sanz, crhedBngr and 12 others like this.
  3. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

I thought moving this foward was a good idea.

LAHOLLA, Jessthinkin and Hatch like this.
  4. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

We'd all like to know his motive, but even if we find out, I doubt it will make an sesnse to any of us.

Sanz, PommyMommy, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  5. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Hmmm. Where have we heard that story before?...

Hard to travel anywhere without your car.

Gotta give him credit for remembering to remove her purse and phone from the house though.

That still won’t save him from a life sentence.

The Saint, JulieAnne, Sanz and 9 others like this.
  6. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

FWIW, I have a weird theory, I have been surprised that bodies of people who have been killed, seem to turn up. Who would have ever expected Laci Peterson's body to be found? That was really amazing.

And Lori Hackett's body was discovered after months of looking.

I don't know where KB is, or if she will be found...there is a lot of open space. But maybe something will happen...

7. MassGuy

I’ve mentioned this before, but the Wagner family likely killed 8 people for the custody of a young child.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the motive was the same here.

Sanz, Irmese, PommyMommy and 12 others like this.
  8. BuySellTrade

BuySellTrade Well-Known Member

Happy holidays Auntie Cipation!

You were in a much different USFS. Note I was an employee from 1969 to 1985 and resigned in my early 30s during Reagan. I'd like to communicate more if you would message me.

Think you much understand then about the different perception of a local and one that resides and makes their living from what appears vast emptiness of the Federal lands of the western USA. My impression is that a local guy who spent his life there and was engaged in outdoor pursuits would be was more familiar with the roads and forests than understood by an urban person.

Still I am not certain PF did a body dump on public lands. I'm very open minded about this. But do think PK likely knew where people cut Christmas trees and where he would be far less likely to be observed if he did do a body dump.

9. BuySellTrade

BuySellTrade Well-Known Member

What you describe is precisely what I was trying to relate. In my home turf I can talk to old friends and we can literally talk about very specific places in the middle of no where that few folks would even perceive to the detail. The difference in perception is wide.

10. MassGuy

Laci was only found thanks to a key error made by Scott Peterson.

He tied her limbs to the cinderblocks, instead of tying her body itself.

The limbs tend to break away first, which is what released her from her watery grave.

If PF made a similar mistake, like burying her in a shallow grave, or dumping her above ground, then there’s a reasonable chance she will be found.

I still think that her best bet of being found, is cell phone location tracking (of the person who dumped her), or someone who talks.

Her family deserves to give her a proper burial, so I hope she’s found soon.

It’s not necessary to a successful prosecution though.

Fourtunately.

11. NanZDrew

I don't think he is even good enough to be a show pony. I think he is all pony and NO show. That would make him a donkey.

12. otto

otto Verified Expert

We initially did not know where or when Kelsey was murdered, so the theory that Kelsey could have been murdered while cutting a Christmas tree made sense. Today we know that she was most likely murdered at her home shortly after noon on November 22, coinciding with the time that the neighbor saw the red truck parked at her house.

I doubt that a tree cutting place is a likely hiding spot for a body just before Christmas. I also think it's unlikely that he drove far with a body in his truck, probably less than 20 miles. The question I have is whether he moved the body twice, perhaps once to the acreage and then with the extra week to cover his tracks, perhaps it was moved again.

The Saint, Sanz, KBB87 and 11 others like this.
  13. CowboyCO

CowboyCO Member

Woodland Park is surrounded by National Forest. The town itself is mostly forested. The tree cutting area is northeast on Rampart Range and would have been busy. Thousands of people from Colorado Springs go up there, especially Thanksgiving weekend. That being said, there's a lot of public property in every direction and a lot of forest service roads crisscrossing the area. It would be very easy to go out to a place he knew in the dead of night and not be seen by anyone. There are only 1-2 rangers assigned to the Pikes Peak Ranger district, and they have to cover hundreds of square miles. It would be more likely for a local to see someone than a ranger. No grazing on public lands (through leases) is allowed past mid-October. It's summer only.

14. NanZDrew

Very possible!

bowler, Warwick7 and MassGuy like this.
  15. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

@BuySellTrade thank you for the flashback memory. My family always used to get tree permits and cut down our own trees for Christmas.

MsBetsy, LAHOLLA, Jessthinkin and 2 others like this.
  16. NanZDrew

What's the snow cover like now?

LAHOLLA and MassGuy like this.
  17. MassGuy

That jibes with my thinking here.

Most killers want to get rid of a body right away, and certainly don’t like to hold on to one for days.

They also don’t like to travel long distances with a body.

So I do think it’s more likely that she is close to home.

This guy did have the benefit of time, and the means to move a body though.

That ping shows that he, or someone else, traveled to Idaho at some point. It’s not out of the question that Kelsey’s body also made the trip.

But for that to happen, he would have had to have taken the body to one location, and then moved it a second time to take it towards Idaho.

He may have buried her once, and then dug her up again.

18. otto

otto Verified Expert

Someone took a huge risk by sending the texts on November 25. If the murder was completely hidden by that date, there was no reason to send the texts. The fact that the texts were sent suggests that more time was needed to cover his tracks.

Is there a burn pit or burning barrel on the acreage? That's one way to eliminate a body.

Jethro4WS, Sanz, Steelhead and 6 others like this.
  19. otto

otto Verified Expert

Either he was in Idaho on November 25 (should be easy to figure out), or he has an accomplice. Evidence was found after search warrants were executed in Idaho just a few days ago, so police probably have the answer.

I doubt that her body is in Idaho. I too think that she is close to home, not necessarily buried.

Sanz, Daisy47, PommyMommy and 9 others like this.
  20. NanZDrew

That's a really disgusting thought!

MsBetsy, LAHOLLA and MassGuy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.