Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmatuerDetective

AmatuerDetective Well-Known Member

Yes, Thank you for your very thoughtful response. That explains why there are so many different stories. But it doesnt explain why, in a missing persons case, where both LE and Family members pleaded for the publics help, they didnt provide or even correct very basic information. Such as KB has a boyfriend, fiancee, etc.... Thats what I find odd. And when I say odd I mean different than the majority of missing person pleas I've heard.

jewelsmac, Charlot123 and Tippy Lynn like this.
  2. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

In all fairness, it was PF's sister that brought up her Mother's alleged disability and/or inability to walk, and NOT the public and/or posters making disabilities an issue with childcare.

While disparaging KB's career choice, and defending her brother as the primary caregiver to their child, KF's sister was quick to discount that PF would receive any help with childcare from their Mother because of alleged mobility issues. I further believe sister is intervening in the custody issue because of her prior comments about her Mother. MOO

angelainwi, kimpage, Volsmom and 19 others like this.
  3. InvSmith

InvSmith Sometimes your cross is carried by strangers

Has there been any report of what she understood of the mother missing for ten days?
    We know she is a registered nurse in Idaho. She transported KB's phone from CO to ID which crossed state lines which involved the FBI and other state and local officials in Idaho per news conference by LE. We know at least two messages we texted on the phone after KB was last seen at the Safeway on 11/22. This was on 11/25 if memory serves me well. No other images have been released of KB. No charges have been announced but are expected.

Volsmom and silversurvivor like this.
  4. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Has that been verified?

5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I don't think there is anything new here, but a big shout out to the Denver Post for best article I have seen today regarding the custody hearing.

Patrick Frazee attends custody hearing of 1-year-old daughter
    The Teller County District Court, during a closed hearing, ruled to continue temporary legal custody of the couple’s daughter, 1-year-old Kaylee, with the Colorado Department of Human Services, according to a Colorado Judicial Branch news release. Temporary physical custody of the toddler remains with Berreth’s parents, her maternal grandparents.

On Thursday, Human Services requested the hearing be closed and all parties involved agreed, the release said. The court found that closing the hearing to the general public was in the child’s best interest.

Attorneys for Berreth’s parents, the maternal grandparents, were present in the courtroom, and his clients were connected via telephone, the news release said. Frazee’s mother, who is the paternal grandmother, and an aunt were present with counsel. Kaylee’s guardian ad litem also attended.

The court is waiting to review discovery in the criminal case against Frazee before proceeding further, according to the release. Human services and the guardian ad litem have discretion to set up visitation with Kaylee’s kin.

However, the arrest affidavit, which lays out evidence in Frazee’s criminal case, has been sealed. Attorneys are expected to argue over the arrest affidavit’s release in a Friday afternoon criminal court hearing in Teller County.

A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Monday.

MerBeach, kimpage, Volsmom and 22 others like this.
  6. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone knows the status of their relationship, except for PF and he has told various tales.

7. jaspermac

jaspermac Well-Known Member

The minute you start talking to media, they don't stop hounding you. So if you want to be left alone with your grief you don't talk to them. I am sure in their mind its as simple as why do the public need to know the status of KB and PF. The police have the right info and it will be dealt with in a court of law. Been there, as a cousin.

8. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

BBM

In a word, NO.
    She (SF) also prevented KB's family from seeing the baby.
    Very worrisome behavior.

angelainwi, kimpage, Volsmom and 9 others like this.
  9. PrairieWind

We don’t KNOW this. Apparently PF prevented it, but that is all.

gliving, Elle*Bee, missy1974 and 2 others like this.
  10. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Just wondering how defendant PF is sleeping tonight?! IIRC it is a 3.5 or 4 hour scheduled hearing tomorrow. I bet he'll be slightly less cocky and indifferent than in the past, but on the other hand, maybe not. Sadly a lot of the cases here on WS show us certain killers have no remorse or empathy at all for anyone but themselves. Regardless, he has to know he is in deep do-d0, all of his scheming ends seem to be meeting in the middle and that makes ME sleep better.

So happy Baby K is tucked away safely in the loving, stable home of the Berreths. She is a sweet little nugget who looks just like her momma. :) You know that CB is holding onto her with all her might and finding some comfort in that.

11. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Emph. mine

Bumping this post as it was well stated. If SF had made a plea for Kelsey to be found, just one public presser to urge people to look for KB, and for KB's safe return.
    But no. It's sad.

12. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

Probably like a baby.
    I hope he is awake and haunted!
    Moo

silversurvivor and girlhasnoname like this.
  13. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

PF's Attorney, LE, and CB have all been consistent in calling PF KB's fiance (still dating). PF has never addressed the media himself, and the misinformation you are referring to is coming directly from information that PF is allegedly giving to his friends. Also, any statement by Kelsey's Aunt about a break up was requested removed by CB.

DEC 31, 2018
    Murder charges filed against man in case of missing Colorado mom - CNN
    Two friends said Frazee told them that the relationship with Berreth ended months ago -- claims that contradict statements from Berreth's aunt, who wrote on Facebook that Berreth broke up with Frazee the same day she went missing.

"I still refuse to believe that he's done this until I see the evidence," said Tamra Freeman, whose granddaughter played with Frazee's daughter.

Freeman said that Frazee told her the relationship with Berreth ended on New Year's Day 2018, and the only contact they had was related to their daughter. Berreth's mother has not responded to CNN's requests for comment.

HayLouise, Irmese, Marmlet and 7 others like this.
  14. PrairieWind

I always wonder in these type of cases what is running through the defendants mind. Is it remorse? Sorrow? Regret (my God I can’t believe I did this). Shame? Defiance? Hope (if innocent). Or in the case of a psychopath, nothing, or even satisfaction. I don’t think PF is a psycho though.

15. girlhasnoname

Sounds impossible but you're probably right.
    Congrats btw!

gngr~snap likes this.
  16. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Kelsey Berreth's parents keep temporary custody of her child

SABBMFAA:

The following court document was provided publicly in relation to the custody case:

People v. Frazee – 2018JV26:
    The case was set for pre-trial conference today. TCDHS requested closed hearing pursuant to 19-1-106; all parties agreed to closed hearing; Court finds closing hearing to the general public in child’s best interest; Court orders parents not to publicly comment about this D&N case out of concern for child’s best interests; Father was present in custody with counsel; GAL present; counsel for maternal grandparents present with maternal grandparents appearing by phone; paternal grandmother and aunt present with counsel; parties still waiting to review discovery in criminal case before proceeding further; Court finds good cause to extend adjudicatory deadlines; Court reserves right to hearing re: paternal kin motions to intervene & to request contested custody hearing; TCDHS & GAL have discretion to set up kin visitation; Court continues temporary legal custody of child with TCDHS, temporary physical custody with maternal grandparents; reset pre-trial conference to 2/7/19 at 8:30 a.m.

17. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I can! If what we’ve heard about IN, he’s going to blame her. If the phone story is true, she has “dirty hands”.

MOO

18. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Yeah I'm not sure it's protocol in every arrest but when dealing with something as intense as murder and going to a home where they know there are guns and a very close family, it might make sense.

Also who knows. Maybe she was carrying on. "I won't let you take my boy!" I don't know.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    MrsM, MerBeach, kimpage and 14 others like this.
  19. girlhasnoname

I would love to be able scientifically/medically/psychiatrically access the true emotions of defendants like this.

ETA: Strictly for learning purposes. LOL

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  20. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

Holy Toledo !they are having a free for all on SM even posting pictures of IN. Sorry could not resist a peep or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.