Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herat

Herat Way out West

Is that the auto in the far back?

I see 3 autos: Brown pickup in foreground, nose toward house, white pickup nose toward 5th wheel, and in the background a bluish or grayish vehicle nose toward street.

2. jaspermac

jaspermac Well-Known Member

Now that makes the most sense out of anything that I have seen so far.

3. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Thanks so much to you and other locals. It is very much appreciated.

ScotAng, Sunny123, KathrynL and 4 others like this.
  4. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Agree with you.
    I just wonder how much LE can really question her directly, if at all- since she lawyered up.
    Does LE have to go through the atty. to ask questions or can
    they demand she come in and meet with them?
    LE said PF refused to talk to them. What if KK is doing the same?

5. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Local lawyer explains wrongful death lawsuit against Patrick Frazee

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Just one day after being awarded temporary custody of Kaylee Berreth, the parents of missing mother Kelsey Berreth have filed a civil wrongful death lawsuit against her former fiance, Patrick Frazee.

Well known local personal injury lawyer, Mike McDivitt says in cases like these, getting a guilty verdict won't affect the outcome of the civil suit.

The documents say the Berreth's are asking for a minimum of 75 thousand dollars but it's likely that money will go to Kaylee, the daughter she left behind.

McDivitt says, "if the evidence shows there was a murder by Mr. Frazee, that's a legitimate wrongful death claim on behalf of Frazee's little girl whose mother has now been killed. That little girl will presumably be represented by grandparents which I think that's what this complaint is accomplishing." [BBM].

Frazee is currently facing criminal murder charges in Teller County, but the civil case filed in federal court accuses him of wrongful death, negligence, intentional emotional distress and conspiracy.

McDivitt says winning the civil case doesn't hold the same standard of proof a criminal case would meaning the plaintiffs don't have to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to jurors.

"The standard of proof in a civil is lower, it's by a preponderance which means more probable than not," he says.

No matter what happens inside the courtroom, Frazee, guilty or not guilty, the evidence that comes out could help determine whether or not any money is awarded to the Berreth family.

"As the proceedings go through, and evidence is developed in the criminal matter that will give the plaintiffs in the civil matter, a great opening as to the evidence necessary to prove the civil case," McDivitt says.

The next court proceeding for Frazee's criminal case is a preliminary hearing on February 19th.
    Local lawyer explains wrongful death lawsuit against Patrick Frazee

Video at link

6. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Her license to practice nursing is scheduled to expire in August 2019.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/krystal-jean-lee-kenney-idaho/

7. SaranWrapPetunia

SaranWrapPetunia Well-Known Member

I've always thought the message to KB's employer was via email, not text. Texting your employer is a bit too informal, no? Maybe I missed where it was said they received a text. I thought There was only a reference to a message being sent to them. MOO

Edited to clarify.

8. Herat

Herat Way out West

Someone who just arrived into town from a long drive and isn't going to T-Day dinner for a while
    Someone who isn't going to a big Thanksgiving Dinner with PF and his mom, someone who is just passing through town...someone who is on the road traveling for hours more

9. InvSmith

InvSmith Sometimes your cross is carried by strangers

I don't think we know he paid child support. We don't know KB's income. In some situations women make enough income to support their child. We haven't seen any formal custody agreement or birth certificate.

Kapua, susiQ, enelram and 1 other person like this.
  10. jewelsmac

jewelsmac No one really knows why anyone does anything

Exactly. I would encounter people daily at the ticket counter who would not change their drivers license or passport, but would make their airline reservations in their married name.

SoVeryMe, susiQ, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  11. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Someone who is hungry. :D j/k, it could have been a quick stop for a soda or snack before a big Thanksgiving meal.
    MOO

12. jaspermac

Google all the initial news reports, Doss received a text and PF received a text.

13. mustloveco

mustloveco Well-Known Member

There is a fourth vehicle, farther east

14. SoVeryMe

SoVeryMe Well-Known Member

I’m sure a lot of people don’t change their name or address right away, especially if they stay with the same employer.

If for some reason your license were to be verified again and your name is different than on your drivers license, ss # etc. then you could encounter issues with your employer. Most people I know have changed their name on their nursing license the same time as they do their drivers license.

15. NoeticSoul

NoeticSoul Learning is a gift, even if pain is your teacher.

People who weren't sitting down to any Thanksgiving dinners that day!

16. jewelsmac

jewelsmac No one really knows why anyone does anything

Perhaps because they want her to testify against him?

17. KSinMT

KSinMT Well-Known Member

Alcina, haven71, Gardener1850 and 5 others like this.
  18. wantjustice

wantjustice Always hoping

Smart grandparents!

19. jaspermac

Also if they were sharing custody through out the week, maybe they both felt child support wasn't needed. You pay for expenses that you have when the child is with you.

20. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Berreth's employer got a text from her phone on November 25, saying she wouldn't be able to work that week, police have said. Frazee also said she texted him that day, but the contents of that text haven't been released.

Kelsey Berreth: Missing Colorado mother no longer believed to be alive, fiancé charged with murder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.