Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

As far as we know she is in Id.
    Should not matter where she is, if Co. puts out charges (warrants)
    for her arrest, another state will comply and hold her.

2. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

I sure would like to know what time KKL went to the Sonic and if she was at Thanksgiving dinner with PF at the ranchette. I also want to know if his family knew about her. I was imagining that he brought KKL to the ranchette, introduced her to the family, and had dinner as though everything was somewhat normal, then went back to clean up his mess later. Maybe what really happened was radically different. If she has family in CO, maybe she had Thanksgiving dinner with them and met up with PF later in the weekend. Or maybe she helped with more than phone disposal. So many possibilities. MOO

3. Vandalay Industries

Vandalay Industries Well-Known Member

Might be able to tell as well when KB's phone was taken from house too. Possibly. MOO

BingoBongo, NanZDrew, gliving and 2 others like this.
  4. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Nobody at my place of business would do that. We *might* send an email for a sick day.

5. Herat

Herat Way out West

KK is woman with two small children, I believe, and a career

She risks losing EVERYTHING, including her freedom, if she does not cooperate with LE. Accessory to murder, or conspiracy to murder, will make sure she NEVER participates in any rodeo, or Thanksgiving Day dinners, or Christmas, or kids birthday parties.

I think she has cooperated fully, but there is still someone else out there that needs to be investigated.

6. justtrish

justtrish Well-Known Member

Well I can't seem to figure out how to play the one you are talking about. but, just going on this if it's confirmed she was in Woodland Park on the 24th.. I wonder if it's possible she really had no idea and he put KB's phone in her car or hid it somewhere in her car without her knowing so she would take it back to ID with her and the phone would "ping" in ID.. then he remotely was able to send those texts giving himself more time?

WildWest and maureen718 like this.
  7. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

All of the above.

8. Pedrosmom

Pedrosmom Well-Known Member

Is this your opinion?

CaraJay, gliving and Charlot123 like this.
  9. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I just looked up the time frame on results of DNA testing in different States. No forensic crime lab in CO? Unless I missed it? Nearest would be ID and the turnaround time is 45-60 days. I'm guessing they would have used ID as WA has a much longer wait for results.
    Interesting. Any thoughts?
    FORENSIC TESTING TURNAROUND TIMES IN 50 STATES

MsBetsy, Hatfield, gliving and 2 others like this.
  10. wantjustice

wantjustice Always hoping

So very true! An email makes more sense but is still not protocol for most places. A family member did use email after an injury took her down requiring surgery etc. In that job, it was easier to catch the boss by email rather than phone but most jobs I have worked at prefer phone calls or in-person especially for a week or more. Did he (they) not have access to her computer? Or was this just not thought out well?

11. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Or, shut off.

BellaStella, MsBetsy, allboys and 6 others like this.
  12. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Did KKL have HER 2 kids with her on her Thanksgiving day trip?

13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I know the CBI used The Northern Colorado Regional Forensic Laboratory for some of it's testing in the Watts case. I seem to remember articles stating that there was testing (this case) being done in Idaho, though. I'll have a look.
    MOO

14. SaranWrapPetunia

SaranWrapPetunia Well-Known Member

My phone has an email app as well as the texting app so if a person gains access they could use either. The only difference would be needing to use data or a wifi connection to send the email. If a person didn't want to set off any red flags it would be in their best interest to view my existing sent messages and emails to see how I interacted in the past, so maybe there already was a conversation chain with her employer via text. Very risky if not. MOO.

15. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I’m going with Pat: Pursuit of Power (Control)

Edited to changed Pete to Pat. Sorry, I was watching Sneaky Pete last night. Lol

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  16. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Former Member

That is a 2010 article. I think with advancements in DNA testing, and with priority to time sensitive cases, it can now be done in under half a day.

17. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Except the solicitation charges indicate the killing was pre-planned. Not a rage attack.

On another note, there was debate that went on an on last thread about whether KB walked to the store. I'm not sure how that's relevant. But the high that day was 50. Low was 26. Breezy and cloudy.

No evidence she had a stroller that she left outside.

She didn't walk/jog to the store that day.

Also, the following was asked and I had my answer saved when the thread was closed:

It can be done but he can't be forced to answer anything that would incriminate himself. So usually people wait until the criminal case is over.

He wouldn't be compelled to answer ANY questions that could be used against him in a criminal trial. That's a violation of the fifth amendment to the constitution.

ScotAng, Alcina, windrower and 17 others like this.
  18. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

They've been saying this forever about the long turnaround, BUT
    I've followed cases that they've rushed the results back much,
    much faster. I wonder if having FBI involved put the cases ahead.

19. WildWest

WildWest Well-Known Member

If it matters, I can type an email address into my text instead a phone number and it goes through. It says from 123-123-1234@vztxt.com or similar, instead of just my phone number.

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

@susiQ, here's what I found.

Dec 22, 2018
    Possible evidence in Kelsey Berreth investigation found in Idaho
    Federal agents and local law enforcement officials in Twin Falls, Idaho, have served several search warrants and “processed some items of evidence” related to the disappearance of Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth, Twin Falls police said in a statement.

Dec 23, 2018
    Evidence in case of missing Colorado mom discovered: Police
    "Detectives from the Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office and Twin Falls Police Department worked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations [CBI] and the FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants as well as processing some items of evidence with the assistance of Twin Falls County and Twin Falls City Evidence Technicians," the police department's statement reads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.