CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Southern Idaho has any significance to KB? Or if it was her driving by chance, was she just on her way to mom in North Idaho? That's quite a drive.

FoxNews covered this story briefly earlier and they stated that her mom had said she has no ties to southern Idaho and “it made no sense”.

The police would just announce that she is safe and nothing else. HIPPA would not be breached in a case such as this.

Makes sense. Inwas just wondering about a facility contacting the police- if that was breaching patient confidentiality by acknowledging/confirming she was there.

Though again, in this situation I would imagine they could let LE know she was accounted for and nothing else.

Hi, everyone! This is my first post on Kelsey's thread but I've been reading/lurking from the beginning. Two thoughts/questions...

Someone had posted Kelsey's Pinterest page early on and one thing that sticks out to me is her board for "Hangar Apartment". I'm wondering if her employer has a hangar apartment she may use sometimes instead of commuting back and forth, with potentially long hours as other's have offered. Her board could just be daydreaming something in the future, and completely irrelevant, but it did make me wonder. (I'm under the understanding that her social media boards are allowed but I'll delete if I am wrong!) Another thing that caught my attention is that she did some fancy capitalization on the title of her board For The Home OuTDooRs. She didn't do anything like that on the others. Could be nothing, but made me wonder if the initials TDR are important to her in any way?

https://www.pinterest.com/kelseyber...&invite_code=538d13e26fca4b0d84c3a3d69754a473

Also, I know it has not been mentioned at all in the media or by investigators, but I would be curious if PF had returned to Kelsey's townhouse at all since she's been missing. If the mom's account of their relationship is accurate, they seemed to have a fluid relationship where he may come and go often from her townhouse. It would just be interesting to know if he had gone back at all or not.

Yes, something is off here but I meant that the few people who knew her in Colorado would have had a hard time explaining away a huge block of time on Thanksgiving. And that absence would be obvious to other family members, which leads me to believe that someone who wasn't close to her or known to her would be involved - unless she didn't disappear on Thanksgiving Day but the next day.
Do we know what her fiancee's plans were for Thanksgiving? Was it he who she was possibly going out to dinner with? Didn't her mom say she might have dinner plans? Who else would it be?

So she makes cinnamon rolls for breakfast, calls her mother to ask for recipe, goes shopping at safeway and then? Wouldn't it stand to reason if you have a fiance, you call your mother for a recipe on thanksgiving, you go shopping at a grocery store, that you're buying stuff to make that recipe you called about for thanksgiving dinner with your fiance? But instead of cooking, you "exchange custody" and return home alone? It's thanksgiving for goodness sake.

Here's where I get lost in all of this. It has been stated she was supposed to have dinner with her fiance and he was going to take the little one to pick out a Christmas tree. It was also previously stated, and I wish I could link it, that Kelsey had no plans of making dinner that night. So, why would you transfer custody of a child in the middle of the afternoon if the plan is to be together again a couple of hours later for dinner? To me it seems like a bunch of senseless running around.

Hi, everyone! This is my first post on Kelsey's thread but I've been reading/lurking from the beginning. Two thoughts/questions...

Someone had posted Kelsey's Pinterest page early on and one thing that sticks out to me is her board for "Hangar Apartment". I'm wondering if her employer has a hangar apartment she may use sometimes instead of commuting back and forth, with potentially long hours as other's have offered. Her board could just be daydreaming something in the future, and completely irrelevant, but it did make me wonder. (I'm under the understanding that her social media boards are allowed but I'll delete if I am wrong!) Another thing that caught my attention is that she did some fancy capitalization on the title of her board For The Home OuTDooRs. She didn't do anything like that on the others. Could be nothing, but made me wonder if the initials TDR are important to her in any way?

https://www.pinterest.com/kelseyber...&invite_code=538d13e26fca4b0d84c3a3d69754a473

Also, I know it has not been mentioned at all in the media or by investigators, but I would be curious if PF had returned to Kelsey's townhouse at all since she's been missing. If the mom's account of their relationship is accurate, they seemed to have a fluid relationship where he may come and go often from her townhouse. It would just be interesting to know if he had gone back at all or not.

All really good points.

Here's where I get lost in all of this. It has been stated she was supposed to have dinner with her fiance and he was going to take the little one to pick out a Christmas tree. It was also previously stated, and I wish I could link it, that Kelsey had no plans of making dinner that night. So, why would you transfer custody of a child in the middle of the afternoon if the plan is to be together again a couple of hours later for dinner? To me it seems like a bunch of senseless running around.

Right and see where I’m stuck is then if that was her plan why was it not odd to him that she never came over for dinner, didn’t contact him nd then days and days pass and he’s still with their child and she’s nowhere to be found. How was that not alarming?

I mean this would be different if she was scheduled to be out of town and drops the child off before she left for a work trip or whatever. But that’s not what we’re hearing. And it’s very odd.

FYI-
Experiencing major depression and anxiety from a rough year, I checked myself into a facility the week before Thanksgiving.
There was a van available from the hospital to pick me up at my door if need be.
There was no need to pack, the hospital had everything for me.
I only brought my purse and phone, which were locked in a safe on arrival.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I know it’s not easy. My prayers for you!

Candlelight vigil participants offer support, prayers for missing Woodland Park mother I thought the media was supposed to stay away. Apparently more misinformation.

Just a few blocks from the townhome where missing Woodland Park resident Kelsey Berreth lives, family, friends and strangers gathered Thursday night to show their support and pray for her safe return.

“She is a community member, a mother, a daughter, a sister and friend to so many,” Nichols said. “We want to continue to raise awareness of her and show our love, hope and support.”

Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young announced at the vigil that a reward is being offered for information leading to the location or safe return of Berreth.

And Wells Fargo banks have set up a donation account to benefit the family under the Kelsey Berreth Fund, he said.

In addition to police officers, sheriff’s deputies and firefighters, a slew of national and regional media also attended the vigil, as the search for Berreth made national headlines this week.

Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, who also was at a news conference in Woodland Park on Monday, said briefly after the vigil that she has faith and hope her daughter will return home safely.

But wouldn’t that show up on surveillance? Him arriving and taking the baby and then her exiting separately.
Yes, it would explain at least if she left alone from the grocery and also (if there are cams in the parking lot) if a car followed her.

If this was an abduction by a stranger and not that she left on her own... I have trouble understanding how he/she (abductor) knew Kelsey would be arriving home by herself ?
My .02 is that there's so much LE is keeping quiet about.

Yep. This is what I have for Thanksgiving.
  1. Kelsey made cinnamon rolls for breakfast
  2. Kelsey called her mom about a recipe. The call was interrupted so KB could tend to the baby. 2nd call with mom.
  3. Kelsey went to Safeway with K
  4. PF picked up K
  5. Kelsey disappears with her purse
MOO

Excellent synopsis, but now I only have more questions!
How many cinnamon rolls did she make and how many were left?
Was it just Kelsey and baby for breakfast?
If the recipe call happened after breakfast, what recipe did Kelsey need before going to the store?
Did the items she bought end up back at her house?
Were they neatly put away or lying out? Or still in the car?
Any evidence she made the recipe her mom gave her?
Dishes in the sink or dishwasher? Wrappers in the trash can?
Etc.

When I watched an interview of Kelsey's mother, I was bothered by her lack of anxiety and sadness. She also seemed to be suppressing smiling. Then the real kicker was telling the public to just share the picture, don't try to figure it out, they have people doing that. What?....I thought she was a little strange. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

So there are still thoughts that Kelsey "walked" away from her life. Leaving with no possessions other than a phone and purse. No cars missing. Buns on the counter. No alarms raised with her mother on the last phone calls. No effort to leave things in order in her absence. No reports from authorities backing up her walking away;. withdrawals, texts etc. The investigators would probably not create a situation where fingers are pointing at innocents when they suspect otherwise. Nationwide awareness of her plight and no sightings- she would have to be intentionally avoiding detention. Possible options for leaving on her accord:

1) Kelsey left and went away with someone that no one knows about, and she is fine. She could potentially stay out of view for a month, as her "unknown" companion could leave the paper trail. Her prior contact with this person would have to have no electronic signature. My guess at number of past cases remotely close to this situation= zero.

2) Kelsey left with a plan to stay of the grid despite reports that she is not a hiker or outdoorsy. Hard to find a place to stay although with someone cooperating, although it is possible. Need a significant amount of cash, solid preparations, and some effort at disguise for cash transactions. My guess at number of past cases remotely close to this situation involving a female= zero.

3) She leaves with someone she met, and the investigators have missed the clues. A month later and no evidence has been uncovered to support this scenario. My guess at number of highly publicized cases with gross negligence by the FBI; and involving a female= zero.

4) Kelsey walks away and commits suicide. This happens obviously more than we would like. Usually there are a least subtle warning signs, none obvious with Kelsey. She seemed a bit isolated in Woodland Park without a lot of acquaintances, so we really don't know her state of mind. If she did this, she would have had to intentionally do it in a way that her body would not easily be found. This would be unusual for a female suicide, basically causing increased and prolonged pain for her family. My guess at number of past cases remotely close to this situation involving a female= maybe zero or one?

Certainly there are more options and they would get more extreme and bizarre. Low probability with what ever is proposed.

Considering all the circumstances around her disappearance, it seems to me that there is no chance Kelsey left on her own accord. I hope for options 1 -3 and anything similar, but to me there only seems to be foul play involved, with the intent for her to never be found. I cannot come up with any other explanation when considering the details surrounding her disappearance.

I know it is far-fetched, but psychogenic fugue comes to mind. Note that some people in the state of a fugue could do something purposeful, i.e., check their old email account. So a call at work in a fugue state is not impossible. The condition is very rare, though.
Fugue state - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members