CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's also possible that LE does not want to release that text message that kelsey sent to her fiance because they know that it was not kelsey who sent it.

And i am thinking that the reason LE kept on talking about PF in the press conference is to put the real person they are focusing on at ease.

Whoever did what to her, knew she lived alone, knew where she lived, knew her cell phone number and knew where she worked and knew where she previously was from.

And that person may not have been the fiance.

JMO

The very first articles about Kelsey quoted a "brother in law" who was trying to call her and getting no answer. Does anyone know if this was PF's brother or a relative on Kelsey's side?

Did PF have family from Idaho visiting for Thanksgiving?

Prayers for the family members here. I'm deeply sorry you're going through this.

It was her BIL that was trying to get ahold of her.

Idk that answer, but, I thought it was interesting in that interview something about KB buying a tree for only her and the baby. To me, it was an odd comment if KB was engaged and the 3 were a family.

It was mentioned that she, her fiance and the baby might be going to go pick out a Christmas tree.

The very first articles about Kelsey quoted a "brother in law" who was trying to call her and getting no answer. Does anyone know if this was PF's brother or a relative on Kelsey's side?

Prayers for the family members here. I'm deeply sorry you're going through this.
Kelsey's brother's husband.

I am on the fence in this case. Stuck on the fence, with several possible scenarios looming....

Possible scenarios:

1. KB got upset, or fed up, and voluntarily left home, to sort things out.

[a] she is off grid for now but is OK

OR she ran into the wrong people and things went bad

[c] she ended her own life

2. Someone close to her , made her 'disappear '

3. A random predator made her disappear in an opportunity attack

I am still leaning towards number 2, but 1 is also possible

Scenario #1a is unlikely because her cars are still there and only her purse and cell phone are missing from her home. And the cinnamon rolls left out suggest that she didn't plan to be away for long. Rather, they suggest that she was going to share them with people at Thanksgiving. IMHO.

Scenario#1b is possible, but she'd have to be within walking distance of her home - unless she had a bike... Again, her cars were at her home.

Scenario #2 is most likely.

Scenario #3 is highly unlikely because a random predator would not phone her work and boyfriend to throw LE off the track. A random predator would not be on LE's radar screen.

And it's also possible that LE does not want to release that text message that kelsey sent to her fiance because they know that it was not kelsey who sent it.

And i am thinking that the reason LE kept on talking about PF in the press conference is to put the real person they are focusing on at ease.

Whoever did what to her, knew she lived alone, knew where she lived, knew her cell phone number and knew where she worked and knew where she previously was from.

And that person may not have been the fiance.

JMO
Exactly- whoever sent those message in Idaho knew exactly who to send them too- That's her or someone close to her. If the content doesn't contain something clearly identifiable, like an inside joke, then they could have been sent by anyone who knew her well enough. If that's not her then the closely related person was also missing (from near her home) for at least 13 hours while they made that trip there and about 13 hours to get back. Its very difficult to hide that and leave no trace even via air. I am confident LE will find a thread very quickly.

She was also holding back on what recipe Kelsey called her about and her dinner plans. JMO
I wondered about this. If it was...why hold back. LE could have asked her to. Her personal feelings restrained her. Or maybe she doesn't want to upset "someone."
Hmmm......

KOMO Newsradio‏Verified account @komonewsradio

Coming up at 7:45 am, our conversation with ABC News Crime & Terrorism Analyst Brad Garrett (@bradinvestigates) about the case of Kelsey Berreth, the 29-year-old mother from Colorado who has ties to our state. https://komonews.com/live/komo-4-newsradio …

DuTr1nbU8AAzZBI.jpg

KOMO Newsradio on Twitter

I am really behind. Can someone tell me whether or not it has been confirmed that they were still a couple, or had they broken up? TIA
From the link:

Cheryl Berreth said the last time she spoke with Kelsey, she seemed normal and happy.

"I think she wants to be found. She has no reason to be hiding, she's gotta desperately miss K."

"She needed a recipe. She had something she wanted to make that afternoon."

When asked if Kelsey said what her Thanksgiving plans were, Cheryl said, "There was the possibility of going out to dinner."

Reporter: "Is she excited to get married?"

Cheryl: "Yes, they had plans - no date. but plans."

Reporter: "Did she have a dress yet?"

Cheryl: "No. I don't think she cared about the big wedding kind of thing...it was between them and God."

I got the feeling that Mom thinks she had plans for that afternoon and evening, Kelsey was going to prepare a dish for it and the photo of her in the grocery was early in the day, so she wasn't dressed for the event. Someone picked her up and she only took her purse and hasn't been seen since. IMO she left with the baby and fiance' for a family gathering or she went with someone else, either are someone she knows and is familiar with. I just don't think this is a stranger abduction.

Something that I don't understand is how KB was not declared missing by PF or by any of his family. Was it routine for KB to hand off the baby to him for weeks at a time without contact? Even if PF himself didn't contact authorities, wouldn't his mom (whom is seems he lives with, or at least sees a lot) wonder about the whereabouts of KB? Of course it's possible that PF told his mom/family that KB was going to be gone for a while, but you would think that would have been reported. Maybe I'm just missing something.

I need to go back and find that to watch again. I got the feeling she wanted to say more in that clip but was holding back in order to not say anything negative about PF. JMO.
She definitely seemed to be searching for the right words; trying to be careful.

When she's asked if she hopes to do that (see her granddaughter) on this trip, her answer is, "I don't know. One day at a time."

MOO

Since, as far as we know, KB had no plans to have dinner with PF (especially given the handoff of the child), and she was baking rolls that were left out.. It seems most likely that she was planning on spending time with someone that day... Someone that perhaps her family nor PF knew of (coworker or student) didn't seem she had many other opportunities to meet people.

That person shows up.. Is let into the home.. She probably plans to take the rolls with her and go somewhere else since she wasn't making anything else and no big meal was planned... But then something goes awry.. And she's missing.

It seems less likely PF is responsible (unless he had help and very careful planning) but that a third party we are unaware of is.. And that she was indeed on a long journey out of town (probably not voluntarily) with this person explaining the ping in ID. If the above premise is true, it would be extremely difficult to ascertain her location and whether or not she's in danger.

However... Very odd that a great amount of time passed and PF did not seem alarmed, contact authorities, or her family. Perhaps this could be explained by a more accurate description of their relationship than fiancé as the behavior seems asinine to a couple who had plans to Wed.

Just a theory.. MOO.. Limited facts available in this case.

I am really behind. Can someone tell me whether or not it has been confirmed that they were still a couple, or had they broken up? TIA

No confirmations of anything. We only have speculations they might have broken up. Her mom says they had plans to get married but Kelsey didn't have a dress or a date and wasn't interested in a big wedding. Her mom says their plans were between them and God. Her family continues to call PF her fiance. However, everything I see here looks to me like Kelsey was not in a relationship headed toward marriage. Here is what I'm basing my opinions on:

1. She bought a house in her own name in May of this year. PF's name is not on the house at all and Kelsey made a transfer of the property to a company connected with her family's business that may give her extra asset protection. This is a step most average home owners would not do.

2. Kelsey worked long hours and commuted 70 miles to her job. Her career choice is one that a strong, independent woman would choose and she loved her job. I get the impression she was dependable and a hard worker to have this type of career. She probably live where she did to be near her daughter and see her on her days off.

3. Her religious background may be a factor in how we view this "relationship". Her daughter is 14 months old. A 7th Day Adventist member here explained that her family may tend to see them as a couple no matter what as an effort to "save face" in the public eye. And even if Kelsey was never getting married to him she might continue to tell her family that was the plan because to say otherwise would be less acceptable. But if they were engaged and not living together it's slightly more acceptable to the family.

4. I get the impression that PF was not ready to commit and that was the problem. It's been at least two years since this relationship started so they have had plenty of time to get married. Kelsey's mom says the price of cattle was a concern and they didn't have the money they wanted to have to get married. This sounds to me like a line that PF was feeding Kelsey for why they could not get married and Kelsey told her mom that info too. But we know that Kelsey was successful enough to buy her own house. I think money was not HER problem at all.

I think Kelsey may have moved on from the relationship but was still telling her family the marriage would happen eventually. I think she only wanted to see her daughter grow up and live her own life-- hence the house in her own name and the job she loved that required so many hours. Maybe PF was a lousy a boyfriend, not willing to commit, but took good care of her daughter? I think she broke up with him and someone was not happy about that. Because that can be a dangerous time when a woman leaves a relationship. But this is only my theory at the moment. MOO.

THIS. There sure is this possibility (or variations of) for one to suddenly leave w just purse/phone while buns cooled! Say the breakup that's been mentioned that day did occur & an upset Kelsey was offered to cruise/talk things out/get mind off of it/etc (I have friends who would def offer that in crisis, even on a holiday) & **** went sideways. IMO if friend/locals close to her could join here & offer insights to the who/how we could explore further.
The texts sent to her employer and fiancé don't support this theory, and again, why did she not text her mother as well? Her mom was the one who reported her missing as opposed to the other two.

I believe the brother-in-law is her brother's husband. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson