CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE enforcement doesn’t execute search warrants on landfills, unless they have a compelling reason to do so.

For obvious reasons.

Two months have passed, so I doubt this search was based on surveillance footage.

Right now, we only know of two people who are involved in this crime.

I don’t think PF is cooperating, so I think it’s more than likely that KK is the source of this information.

Then again, they’ve been on to her for a while now, so it would be a bit surprising for her to divulge this now, especially if she had been offered some sort of a deal.

This is weird.

Perhaps it’s some third party.

It’s possible, but I would guess that any immunity deal would be contingent upon complete and immediate disclosure.

I think she would have revealed this earlier.

I wouldn’t be completely shocked though.

Maybe they never offered her immunity. Maybe they offered her a reduction and it wasn't a great deal.

Or maybe they have purposefully not charged and arrested her. They have been letting her sway in the wind, and stress more and more as things come out. The media stuff, R's info, others who came forward after the R's. Info only the police have.

Then they go to her lawyer say we have enough to charge her with being complicit with murder in the first degree. Same sentence as first degree murder. Are you sure she doesn't have any more critical info that we want, depending on what it is she will get a deal.

Her lawyer tells her, if she knows where the body is or any other key evidence, speak up or never see your children grow up.

Or a another person, or a trail of evidence... 6 more weeks til we find out. LOL

KK may have also used her credit card at Midway landfill. She used it at Sonic placing herself near the vicinity of the murder, so why not?
Ha! She ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but this would have been stupid on an impressive level.

Had she done this, I think we would have seen a search of that dump weeks ago.

Based on the Gazette reporting, it sounds like this hasn’t been confirmed to be connected to KBs case.

Search warrant issued for landfill; Kelsey Berreth connection unclear

KKTV and other TV stations have connected the warrant to the search for Kelsey Berreth, but The Gazette has been unable to officially confirm that connection.

The 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office did not immediately respond for comment. Colorado Bureau of Investigation communications director Susan Medina on Thursday declined to comment on the warrant or confirm whether it was related to the Berreth case.

In previous posts, there was considerable landfill question back and forth about Colorado Springs vs. Fountain. I would like to clear that up, or not, whichever way it comes out: At one time, in my lifetime, Colorado Springs was a medium sized town surrounded by several smaller towns. Unlike most cities that grew larger quickly, CS had unlimited capacity to generate electricity, natural gas, and water. In fact, it has a regional monopoly on water. They sell their utility services at wholesale to other municipalities, or at retail to single service connections; while reserving their lowest rates for citizens of Colorado Springs. As the city grew and surrounded these smaller towns, the city negotiated based on what was best for the existing city customers. What has resulted is a host of places like Fountain that still maintain some degree of their former identity. You can find Fountain on a road map, but it's not really there. The basic question is "Can I get there without leaving Colorado Springs?" and the answer is "Yes, you can. It's Fountain."
Woodland Park is different. The city of CS has never been interested in expanding into the mountains, other than an extensive system of natural parks. WP is a separate city that is a suburban attachment to Colorado Springs. The answer to "Can I get there without leaving Colorado Springs?" is "No, you can't. It's up Ute Pass."
IMO

Last edited:
Based on the Gazette reporting, it sounds like this hasn’t been confirmed to be connected to KBs case.

KKTV and other TV stations have connected the warrant to the search for Kelsey Berreth, but The Gazette has been unable to officially confirm that connection.

The 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office did not immediately respond for comment. Colorado Bureau of Investigation communications director Susan Medina on Thursday declined to comment on the warrant or confirm whether it was related to the Berreth case.
It hasn't been confirmed with the DA's office or the CBI, and I wouldn't expect them to do so during an active investigation. The spokesperson for the landfill did confirm to ABC that it's related to Kelsey's case, however.
MOO

"As of 10 a.m., no law enforcement had been seen at the landfill Thursday morning."

Let's review what we have seen with the law enforcement response in this case.

1. On Monday, December 10, WPPD had the initial press conference. CoP was asked if they were going to search PF's property, and he said to the effect of... "Oh hey, that might be a good idea. We'll have to consider doing that."

2. Tuesday through Thursday of that week, December 11, 12, and 13, there was some bad weather: it snowed and there were high winds and cold temperatures.

3. On Thursday, December 13, probably in the late afternoon or evening, LE applied for and obtained a SW of PF's property. It was sealed so as to keep it a secret.

4. On Friday, December 14, at first light (around 6am) and on a day with very nice weather, LE swarmed PF's property with 75 officers from WPPD, Teller Co Sheriff, CBI, FBI, animal control, etc.

Now you don't just get a search warrant one afternoon at the spur of the moment and have 75 officers magically appear the next day---these things are coordinated and planned better than a community theater production of Death of a Salesman.

So we can discern that:

1) LE is not dumb, even though they play dumb at times (Acting like the thought of searching PF's property had never occurred to them. The Chief of Police needs to work on his acting skills.);

2) LE was already making plans to search PF's home when they had the press conference on Monday;

3) any execution of a search warrant is going to be a well-coordinated effort, probably among several agencies, and there will plenty of manpower. You will not have any doubt that they have arrived. (If law enforcement shows up to the landfill with only one or two police cruisers, then you can bet they are still in the planning stage); and

4) they will look at the weather forecast when deciding what day to do any search that will take place outdoors.

It is supposed to snow in Colorado Springs tomorrow. Weather is kind of up and down over the next week. They might show up on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, but then it is supposed to snow again on Monday night and be cold on Tuesday.

UPDATE: I see on Twitter that a couple of news sources are saying LE is looking at the landfill or is searching the landfill, but from what I can tell, LE has not actually shown up to start searching yet.

• The next bullet is 100% JMO IMHO MOO etc
  • MSM articles (all links contained in WS media and discussion threads) give conflicting information on PF and KK's history, either it began in 2016 at a rodeo, or +/- 14 years ago after high school graduation. As reports and PHOTOS emerge, I tend to believe this toxic twosome has been at this for the longer duration, encompassing the birth years of both her children and baby KB. "Patrick told KK that little girls go missing off the playground all the time" -- this has considerable weight, as PF absolutely removed baby KB from her mother, demonstrating he could also remove KK's toddler daughter from her if KK didn't cooperate with "the plan". He may feel equally entitled to TAKE both daughters if he believed they were both his. This could explain the reality of the "hold" that the R's said PF had over her.
  • Thanks to the clever creator of 'KK' nickname ... levity appreciated in this sad forum
  • Lastly, it would've been an honor to know KB. I'm drawn to her happy photos and family/friend accounts of her ways and personality. I'm going with: downright loveable.
**Edit** sticking to the mod-preferred 'KK' initials from this post fwd for clarity. Not sorry I ever saw the clever acronym tho ;)

**Initials corrected by me to keep us out of trouble.

KK does not have a toddler daughter. There is a pic on MSM with her and her infant niece. However, she only has two sons.

This specific landfill doesn't state that it accepts dead animals. Other WM landfills do.
Midway Landfill | Management Facility (Disposal) | WMSolutions.com

JMO
I dont think it would matter to PF. I am pretty sure if PF managed to get her body inside of black plastic garbage bags in either pieces or whole and put the bags inside a household trash dumpster of any kind that it would be taken wherever it normally goes.

Its not like the trash pickup people tear open every plastic bag of trash. PF could have double or triple bagged using those thick leave bags and even if it got compressed then it probably would not be noticed as anything unusual as it went on to the landfill.

Thankfully most landfills have good records anymore for just this sort of case. I am confident if she is there and they have positive information that is where she went then I feel LE will eventually find her or rather unfortunately her parts in multiple bags.

Good records, Dogs, lots of hard searching and it can be done. Like others have said its been done before successfully.

Last edited:
The Moderators cautioned us AGAINST using any initials other than KK.

Their board, their rules.

I’ll see if I can find that warning.

Yea, I was looking, too. Last thread, I think. True initials only.

JMO
I dont think it would matter to PF. I am pretty sure if PF managed to get her body inside of black plastic garbage bags in either pieces or whole and put the bags inside a household trash dumpster of any kind that it would be taken wherever it normally goes.

Its not like the trash pickup people tear open every plastic bag of trash. PF could have double or triple bagged using those thick leave bags and even if it got compressed then it probably would not be noticed as anything unusual as it went on to the landfill.

Thankfully most landfills have good records anymore for just this sort of case. I am confident if she is there and they have positive information that is where she went then I feel LE will eventually find her or rather unfortunately her parts in multiple bags.

Good records, Dogs, lots of hard searching and it can be done. Like others have said its been done before successfully.
I'm certain it didn't matter to Patrick. There may not be a lot of decomposing animal remains in this landfill which might make identifying human remains easier for LE.

It hasn't been confirmed with the DA's office or the CBI, and I wouldn't expect them to do so during an active investigation. The spokesperson for the landfill did confirm to ABC that it's related to Kelsey's case, however.
MOO
I didn’t quite read it that way. From the ABC article:

“The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully,” Waste Management spokeswoman Anne Spitza told ABC News on Wednesday.
And:

Spitza declined to answer additional questions about the timing of any search or what investigators are looking for, referring all questions to the district attorney’s office handling the case.

It’s possible, but I would guess that any immunity deal would be contingent upon complete and immediate disclosure.

I think she would have revealed this earlier.

I wouldn’t be completely shocked though.
I would agree initially, but if she has been 'held' even if cooperating she's had almost a month to realize, she's not the rodeo queen of this show. ;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288