CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think PF will ever implicate himself by talking. I think, even if convicted, he will be convinced that he can win an appeal and be exonerated. He won’t give up hope until all appeals are exhausted. Perhaps, MAYBE he’d talk then. MAYBE. This is all JMO, of course.

PF reminds me a lot of Scott Peterson ... the arrogance for one thing. People like PF, Scott, Jodi Arias and so many others, act like they are the victim and they did nothing wrong. It never ceases to amaze me.

I’ve wondered IF it might be possible that this wasn’t planned on the day that it happened. I wondered if possibly KB had decided to keep the baby for the holidays and take her to go visit her grandmother - which infuriated PF.
I suppose she could have told him that earlier - and he put in a call to KK insisting they must do it that weekend - and - thinking KB would have told others she was going to visit grandmother in Idaho - PF imagined it was the “perfect” plan and time to murder her.
I still believe KB’s independence - buying her home, reducing time he got the baby, and other things are what caused PF to decide she needed to be out of the picture.
In the beginning of relationship and during pregnancy she was probably much more subservient to his directions - but slowly but surely her confidence built and PF HATED that... He expects people to do what he says and how he says to do it. Watch him training his dogs ... that’s what he EXPECTS from his dogs and the women in his life. JMO.
I do believe KB's murder was planned for Thanksgiving. However, prior to the conspiracy charges announced (Sept - Nov period), I did think it could have been a case where KB believed they'd do something together on Thanksgiving, until PF told her at last minute, that KK was in town. MOO

Any thoughts on what the 'robbery' charge might relate to?

I'm still perplexed by KK and her friend. I just can't imagine telling a BFF that my 'friend' is pressuring me to get involved in murder, and then, when my BFF tells me she's passed the information on to her bosses, attorneys, and they're threatening to report it to law enforcement if she doesn't - I just can not see how KK would still have risked getting involved at that point.

Then again, that's a small town. Maybe she assumed that what happens in two small towns in two different states might as well happen on two different planets. It may turn out that if they had never sent the text messages, the Colorado authorities would never have looked beyond Colorado for answers.

PF reminds me a lot of Scott Peterson ... the arrogance for one thing. People like PF, Scott, Jodi Arias and so many others, act like they are the victim and they did nothing wrong. It never ceases to amaze me.

Omg....JA. She drove me insane. At least she admitted she did it, even if it took her a long time to do so. Yet, she still acts like a victim. PF likely feels like a victim, too. It’s just gross. jmo.

Omg....JA. She drove me insane. At least she admitted she did it, even if it took her a long time to do so. Yet, she still acts like a victim. PF likely feels like a victim, too. It’s just gross. jmo.

Has to be the the most maddening murderer EVER, very close to Casey Anthony imo.

Loved the way JA considered it self defense! She acted like such a victim. At least because Kelsey’s body wasn’t at her home, PF can’t claim self defense. JMHO ...

I just joined this group and with all the threads I haven't had the time to go through them all yet. <modsnip: rumor not substantiated by MSM>
Welcome, So far no and we're not allowed to sluth someone who is not noted as a POI ( person if interest) in the case just fyi :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessica Van Meter‏ @jessicav_wx
BLIZZARD WARNINGS for northern El Paso County and areas of eastern Colorado tonight through Tuesday morning. Blowing snow and very low visibility will cause dangerous travel conditions. #cowx

DxdwYCVWwAMKG_1.jpg

1:26 PM - 21 Jan 2019

BLIZZARD WARNINGS for northern El Paso County and areas of eastern Colorado tonight through Tuesday morning. Blowing snow and very low visibility will cause dangerous travel conditions. #cowx

DxdwYCVWwAMKG_1.jpg

Sunny and warm here in the Springs. Windy though! Time to prepare for worse I guess :)

I'm still perplexed by KK and her friend. I just can't imagine telling a BFF that my 'friend' is pressuring me to get involved in murder, and then, when my BFF tells me she's passed the information on to her bosses, attorneys, and they're threatening to report it to law enforcement if she doesn't - I just can not see how KK would still have risked getting involved at that point.

Then again, that's a small town. Maybe she assumed that what happens in two small towns in two different states might as well happen on two different planets. It may turn out that if they had never sent the text messages, the Colorado authorities would never have looked beyond Colorado for answers.
Nothing confirmed by LE but my guess would be KB's phone and/or handbag. Both were reported missing, and if KB phone allegedly used by KK (i.e., sent texts), I doubt it was with her permission. MOO.

DxdwYCVWwAMKG_1.jpg

I wonder if PF took the weather into consideration in his plans to dispose of Kelsey? Even though it has been quite warm at times, he may have counted on assistance from some winter snowfall. JMHO

I wonder if PF took the weather into consideration in his plans to dispose of Kelsey? Even though it has been quite warm at times, he may have counted on assistance from some winter snowfall. JMHO

Possibly. Woodland Park is at a higher elevation and much more snow and cold there.

Possibly- but the ground is so much harder to dig... and snow melts... honestly- i’m up towards Denver and can’t get my little wind-catchers deep enough... the ground here is hard (lots of clay, mostly dry) - then again I’m in the burbs... maybe different in the woods- heck i wouldn’t try without some major equipment to dig...

Here's a thought: since (as I understand it) the key to something being a robbery as opposed to some other variant of theft is that the victim is afraid, aware they are being robbed -- so taking her purse/phone (or anything else) after her death doesn't qualify.

I was also baffled by the conflicting intents in the charges: murder would be the intent of the murder charge, obviously, but for felony murder it seems the robbery needs to be the primary intent, with the death happening in the course of the original intended crime (robbery).

So, how can we have two conflicting intents? Well, how about this: If PF had his conspirator "break in" to KB's place and kill her but making it look like it was a robbery-gone-wrong. KB may have thought she was being robbed. The purse or phone in that scenario may well be the robbed items, being taken from her by force. A fly on the wall or a nosy neighbor who could have heard/seen something would have thought it was a robbery, but which ended with her death. That scene fits the description of felony murder with robbery/attempted robbery as the felony. But since LE knows it was planned by PF all along to end in her death, THAT intent fits the first-degree murder description.

I also think it's possible something else was taken as well, something that KB's family may not have known of, to notice its absence. I don't have an item in mind, just the idea that it's more than just the phone and purse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks