CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend says Kelsey Berreth was ‘adventurous’, ‘sharp’
Haywood said she wants to honor the life and memory of her dear friend in the face of tragedy.

“You know, it was absolutely devastating when I first heard that she had gone missing,” Haywood said. “You see this stuff in the news all the time, but it’s never been this close to home with someone you grew up with.”

Haywood, speaking to News 5’s Sam Kraemer over Skype, said Berreth was like a little sister to her.

They spent countless days together in grade school. Haywood knew Berreth as an adventurous, outdoorsy and responsible.

“When you first meet Kelsey, she’s super shy, very quiet. But behind that quiet exterior is someone that’s very sharp, very intelligent,” Haywood said.

Haywood said she never spoke to Berreth about her relationship with Patrick Frazee. She was, though, happy that Berreth found love.

Great article from Sam Kraemer. He's covered Kelsey's case from the beginning.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 54m54 minutes ago
She's now been missing for more than two months. Tonight, we talk with a childhood friend of Kelsey Berreth's to gain a closer understanding of the person she was before this unthinkable tragedy. That's next on @KOAA

True, but I have a hard time believing that if she attempted to leave the country, they wouldn't arrest her. Of course, this is just me assuming they have something they "could" arrest her for (like accessory after the fact) should they choose to. We don't know the level of her involvement yet but I'm sure LE are still working on it and I don't think they'd like for her "slip" away into the Tahiti sun :)
oh now. that tahiti comment of mine was just in jest to your ‘oh where oh where could she be?’ sorry for the tangent that took. All of the strong emotions people have about KK are the exact reason LE wants to protect her until they’ve gathered enough info, imo. Wasn’t NK in the Watts case worried she was going to be the next ‘most hated woman in America’? The “other women” don’t deserve protection but they need it until The investigation is complete. I hope they get her for her involvement.

Last edited:
So Kelsey never spoke about her relationship to her friend (as per article) but did talk about him at work? That seems odd. Usually it is the opposite. Jmo

If you are talking about the friend in the KOAA article it says she was a childhood friend who went to grade school with KB. I'm guessing the friend does not live in Colorado. They might not have been close enough friends that KB would call her up and talk about details of her relationship. For all we know, this friend might have only "stayed in touch" with KB in recent years through social media and therefore knew KB was engaged and had a baby, etc, but not much else. I'm amazed at how often people feel like they are closer friends with someone than they really are simply because they follow the person on social media. JMO.

One of the most baffling things in life is when a woman gives her love to a man and in return gets murdered by him. It truly boggles the mind.
Venting again...
Not only gives her love to him but tolerates his abuse, bends over backwards to do right by him and by her daughter...and gets murdered. It really does boggle the mind.

<modsnipped quoted post and response>

My heart breaks for people using social media to gain acceptance and friendship. Then moving to a whole new place and a whole new life by trusting that one individual? No way!

I am guessing Kelsey’s family wasn’t exactly thrilled she had met someone online and was moving away to him and a new job. It is heartbreaking. She was a victim of a cruel beast. I wish she was here. I wish she could take a few steps back. I wish she could raise her baby. I pray LE can find her body and her family will at long last know what happened to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Kelsey never spoke about her relationship to her friend (as per article) but did talk about him at work? That seems odd. Usually it is the opposite. Jmo

He had her totally isolated imo. Geographically and emotionally. Classic abusive control freak.

I do wonder though, since she was working in a field with a lot of men, that she didn't just talk about her S/O all the time so that they wouldn't try to flirt with her etc. That kind of thing had to get old for her after a while. She was a very beautiful and attractive girl.

<modsnipped>

My heart breaks for people using social media to gain acceptance and friendship. Then moving to a whole new place and a whole new life by trusting that one individual? No way!

I am guessing Kelsey’s family wasn’t exactly thrilled she had met someone online and was moving away to him and a new job. It is heartbreaking. She was a victim of a cruel beast. I wish she was here. I wish she could take a few steps back. I wish she could raise her baby. I pray LE can find her body and her family will at long last know what happened to her.
Laci Rocha met Scott Peterson at college - Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. He was very charming and her family loved him. Had PF and KB met in a more traditional way, she still might have been blindsided as Laci was. It's chilling. I know that we all wish KB would have been able to escape the relationship and raise little K.

Good to see the articles yesterday and today. The media has not forgotten KB.

From article: “
Then, in early January, it emerged that detectives were investigating the role 32-year-old Idaho nurse Krystal Lee played in the Berreth's murder. It was suspected that she had been having an affair with Frazee since early 2016, which would mean the fling started before the birth of his daughter. Furthermore, family members claimed Frazee murdered Berreth on Thanksgiving because she finally broke off their engagement, though that version of events was contested by a friend who said the couple had split on New Year's Day in 2018.

Nonetheless, the news of Frazee's arrest in connection to the case proved to be bittersweet for Cogburn. "I wanted to hold on to hope that wasn't the case, you know. You know, I grasped on to well, maybe somebody took her," she said through tears. "I think deep down I knew."

For timeline references....

<modsnipped quote>
I think, PF would be exactly that type of men, who would search for hook-ups rather than searching for an adequate partner (maybe both of it parallel, when he had crossed the 29). Sex immediately, no debates about anything - could have been his motto perhaps. One of my children would name it "emotionally handicapped". IMO MOO

Inits and BBM...

“H said she never spoke to KB about her relationship with PF. She was, though, happy that KB found love, and said KB showed compassion toward the couple’s 1-year-old daughter K.”

Not sleuthing, but “compassion” seems like a somewhat unusual adjective to use to describe a mother’s relationship with her infant daughter. L’il K appears healthy to me but now I wonder if she has a non-obvious special need of some sort.

Has this already been discussed earlier?

Ya know, Aydrianna, we understand people like PF from experience. Back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was young, we all talked to each other. And since I am a child of the 50s and 60s, we lived without electronics. We dated alot and if that first date was weird, we didnt do it again. A long distance relationship was from Cincinnati to Dayton.
Then came computers and 1200 baud modems. We had weekend gatherings where we met in person in groups. And like the date, if we met a weird one, we dropped them.
Now what we have is basically a free for all with some pretty trouble individuals able to hide long enough undetected until they just can't anymore. But by that time, someone TRUSTS them enough to move hundreds of miles, set up a "home" and what happens? The "love of your life" reveals being a nut case and by that time someone gets seriously hurt. NOTE: I am not victim blaming! But what I AM saying is that all those things like intuition, observance, simple in-person talking we used in the olden days on first dates to judge a person for appropriateness, we just don't do anymore like after a first date. Instead, it's all is absorbed behind the curtain of a computer screen. And the unfortunate thing is by the time you find out, you're invested.
It's a horrible shame. But also it's a horrible truth. And if this ole gal could wish y'all one thing, she'd wish you the power of the first date.
IMHO, IMHO
Yes, and I've wondered if the selection of marriageable guys is getting lower (for many reasons...drugs for one) and gals are looking online and hoping. JMO

Then, in early January, it emerged that detectives were investigating the role 32-year-old Idaho nurse Krystal Lee played in the Berreth's murder. It was suspected that she had been having an affair with Frazee since early 2016, which would mean the fling started before the birth of his daughter. Furthermore, family members claimed Frazee murdered Berreth on Thanksgiving because she finally broke off their engagement, though that version of events was contested by a friend who said the couple had split on New Year's Day in 2018.

Nonetheless, the news of Frazee's arrest in connection to the case proved to be bittersweet for Cogburn. "I wanted to hold on to hope that wasn't the case, you know. You know, I grasped on to well, maybe somebody took her," she said through tears. "I think deep down I knew."

We've talked about the discrepancies with the dates they supposedly "broke up." Was it New Year's day 2018, was it the day she went missing? I'd like to postulate BOTH dates may be true.

Knowing what we know now, and have suspected for the course of these threads, is that PF has serious issues in his relationships with women. Now a friend reveals, "he was always mad about something" and that Kelsey seemed sad at times, even crying. These relationships are ROLLER COASTERS and the victim often doesn't know if they are "coming or going." With his type of temperament I envision quite a few "break ups and make ups." This is how they control and manipulate your emotions. When a little one is involved, everything is just that much more complicated and the desire of the victim is to make the relationship work. These victims have a strong commitment to emulate the relationship they grew up in, loving, strong, committed. I suspect there were more than just a couple of "ups and downs" with PF and that Kelsey didn't share EVERYTHING she went through. I speak from experience. It is such a sad story and to think others knew what he planned to do and did absolutely nothing to protect her. I'd go on, but TOS won't let me.
ed:sp

Yes, and I've wondered if the selection of marriageable guys is getting lower (for many reasons...drugs for one) and gals are looking online and hoping. JMO
Guys like PF don't have to 'commit' to one female when they can
find sex with so many willing partners.
Plus if you work long hours it leaves little time to socialize.
Young women also don't realize the dangers of hooking up online.
They know nothing of the guy's history other than what he tells
them. And if you're trusting and don't do your homework or research, you can fall for his manipulation and lies.

I would disagree with the article's characterization of the Thanksgiving Day breakup. I think that was not her family members claiming that, but what PF told them. The article also doesn't say that it was PF's friend who claimed a 01/01/2017 breakup date, which probably also came from PF. MOO. What do you think?

I would disagree with the article's characterization of the Thanksgiving Day breakup. I think that was not her family members claiming that, but what PF told them. The article also doesn't say that it was PF's friend who claimed a 01/01/2017 breakup date, which probably also came from PF. MOO. What do you think?
I find it strange that PF would move KB out to Colorado if he was also seeing KKL at the time, but it's certainly possible. Juggling two women is easier if they live 700 miles apart, I guess. I wonder when KKL found out about KB.

And I'm of the opinion that PF and KB hadn't broken up and that KB was still hoping to work things out. As you say, the only information that they'd "broken up" at all, regardless of timing, came from PF. I don't believe him. Remember that her mother seemed to believe they were still planning to get married - someday, and when KB first went missing, the media called PF her "fiancé". Her mother had visited in October. Some of you think she was painting a rosy picture for her mom, but I think she was also painting it for herself. MOO

Last edited:
<modsnipped quote and response> So, not much different than on-line dating and just as risky. But, the fact remains, demented people can fool you in person too. Once you are firmly entangled in their web, you get to see the real him/her, yet you always are made to feel that YOU are the problem. It's a really twisted dynamic and difficult for anyone who hasn't witnessed it or lived it to fully grasp.

Way back on an earlier thread, it was confirmed in a msm article
that the friend of PF (and she gave her name) said her granddaughter played w/ baby Frazee and PF told her they broke up Jan. 2018.

If you are talking about the friend in the KOAA article it says she was a childhood friend who went to grade school with KB. I'm guessing the friend does not live in Colorado. They might not have been close enough friends that KB would call her up and talk about details of her relationship. For all we know, this friend might have only "stayed in touch" with KB in recent years through social media and therefore knew KB was engaged and had a baby, etc, but not much else. I'm amazed at how often people feel like they are closer friends with someone than they really are simply because they follow the person on social media. JMO.

I agree, For all her nice comments about Kelsey (intelligent, sharp, adventurous, compassionate), this friend does not come across as being a close friend. This article really does not shed any new insights. It does serve to keep this case in the spotlight of MSM although it seems even they are struggling for info.

Edit to correct syntax a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member