CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is anyone thinking he dismembered her? She was tiny. He could place her in a bag easily enough. That’s gross enough to think about without imagining dismemberment. Ugh....
Sadly because it has been done before in other cases. Yes it is macabre,and it is very hard to wrap ones head around how anyone, much less more than one person could sink to such levels of depravity.
MOO

I’m going off his puppy sales, $2500 ea
10 pups per year = $25;000
I think he might have sold more like 20, annually. Moo
Shoeing only 15 horses per week would yield $1500-2k, imo (at very low end). 15 horses would take appx 12-25 hours.
So, imo, he had ample time to generate a handsome income, much greater than KB’s.

Personally, I find nothing humorous about this crime.
I have no knowledge of P playing with or hiding toys under his bed.

These amounts are best-case scenarios. Even those who are experienced breeders and respected for their dogs find it difficult to sell them all at full price. Plus, even within the same litter some puppies can't be sold at full price for various reasons.

Farriers go through feast or famine with business. It's definitely not regular, not even for the ones who are well-known and well respected.

Neither one of these jobs that PF had would produce regular, consistent income. IMO he would have gone through periods where he may not have been making anything at all. That's how it is with those of us who have grown up on farms and depended on others in similar situations who were in need of our bucolic services.

The only comment I've found that implied anything about this case being humorous is the idea that PF might have asked KB to sign a pre-nup. That's not finding the crime funny-that's finding the mere thought of that singular idea funny. I, too, hope she would have laughed if asked. She had a good job and owned her home; even in a best-case scenario he was no Warren Buffet.

Reluctantly, I also have to agree that KK is likely in PC.

I say reluctantly, because KK being in PC means that a deal has been struck with her.

The fact that a deal has been struck means that she's not going to pay in full for whatever role she may have played in the planning and/or murder and/or cover-up of the crime.

Even if she's involved, she may get off entirely. That would not be justice. IMO.

I want every person involved in KB's murder to be held 100% culpable for their role and to receive the max sentence possible under the law. That's just me, though. I'm good with others feeling differently.
I feel the same. Like she's pulling a Karla Homolka.
MOO

Shoeing only 15 horses per week would yield $1500-2k, imo (at very low end). 15 horses would take appx 12-25 hours.
So, imo, he had ample time to generate a handsome income, much greater than KB’s.

Don’t forget his 35 (IIRC) head of cattle.

I don't buy it. There's a reason he still lives in his mothers house.

These amounts are best-case scenarios. Even those who are experienced breeders and respected for their dogs find it difficult to sell them all at full price. Plus, even within the same litter some puppies can't be sold at full price for various reasons.

Farriers go through feast or famine with business. It's definitely not regular, not even for the ones who are well-known and well respected.

Neither one of these jobs that PF had would produce regular, consistent income. IMO he would have gone through periods where he may not have been making anything at all. That's how it is with those of us who have grown up on farms and depended on others in similar situations who were in need of our bucolic services.

The only comment I've found that implied anything about this case being humorous is the idea that PF might have asked KB to sign a pre-nup. That's not finding the crime funny-that's finding the mere thought of that singular idea funny. I, too, hope she would have laughed if asked. She had a good job and owned her home; even in a best-case scenario he was no Warren Buffet.
That is how it was with the few I new in NOCO, except most of the them were DVM, combo large animal vet & farrier.

Edited to add.

I'm thinking more along the lines of $50K (I'm being generous), and there is no way one could support themselves much less a family on that in Colorado.

That is how it was with the few I new in NOCO, except most of the them were DVM, combo large animal vet & farrier.

I live in a very rural area with lots of farms, namely horse farms. The farriers I know, even with the number of horses around here, have good months and bad months. It's enough to make a living, most of the time, but they're not wealthy by any means. The large animal vets do somewhat better because of the cattle here, but they're still not rich.

I have read from the beginning that Kelsey didn’t want to move in w/ him at his Mother’s property/house. Iirc she rented then bought the home she was living.

Is it even known if she was asked to move into his mother’s house.

She may have rented hoping the two would get married and buy a place, but he didn’t ask so she bought a place.

I for one do not think she was ever asked to move into mother’s house.

I have read from the beginning that Kelsey didn’t want to move in w/ him at his Mother’s property/house. Iirc she rented then bought the home she was living.

She may have rented hoping the two would get married and buy a place, but he didn’t ask so she bought a place.

I'm not sure whether she was asked or not. I could see why she wouldn't want to move in with him and his mother, though. I probably wouldn't want to live with my husband and my mother-in-law if I didn't have to.

Edited to add.

I'm thinking more along the lines of $50K (I'm being generous), and there is no way one could support themselves much less a family on that in Colorado.

How much do you think KB made? I think $40-50k.

I agree. However, idk that he lives on the same house as his mom. I would think he has separate quarters, on the same land. Jmo

I was going back and refreshing my mind on videos of PF, came upon this one . Wondering if the plain clothes man (khaki pants ) that went into the sallyport right before the door closes and left his brown truck outside, was this PF's brother ? I know we cannot sleuth him just wondering . Watching this guy walk into the sallyport reminded me of PF walking away from the reporter at the gate .

He had to be stopped by the deputy putting up his hand, so would guess he is not local, and doesn't know procedure when bringing in someone who is arrested. Don't know if LE would allow any of PF's LE family be involved.

Maybe people in CO don’t tend to their horses, idk.
I had four trimmed Saturday, new shoes on one, I was the fifth stop before noon, for my farrier.

On another note, I don’t understand why P would be jealous of someone with a mortgage payment, or think that would benefit him.

Jmo

Yeah, I definitely agree.

This guy probably has a fragile little ego, and a woman showing him up would be a terrible idea.

The idea of him wanting Kelsey to sign a prenup, really makes me laugh though.

His mommy probably owns everything that he thinks is his, to include his frayed lasso.

I hope the prosecution uses women to grill him on the stand, I think they will get a reaction out of him. Same with the media, use women reporters, they may get a response from him. Men who verbally abuse women, think all women are beneath them. I also think he resents his mom, he may blame her for his lack of a relationship with his father. JMO

First, a pedantic detail: As far as we know, KB didn't buy the same townhome she had been renting. It was in the same complex, but a different unit. At least that's what has been reported. IMO

Second, in my opinion as a resident in a rural/horsey area, KB had zero expection PF would ever live with her in that townhome for more than a few transitional months at the most. His life was about cattle, horses, and dog breeding and training. He would only have lived for any length of time on acreage where there was room for those activities and all the attendant vehicles and equipment.

Now, whether she bought her place as an interim, thinking she'd join him in the country at some point (after he inherited SF's land or moved to his own), or whether her buying the place was an indication she knew they would never be living together, we just don't know.

But IMO she never expected he would settle in to her home in WP.

As I’ve expressed before I don’t think they can prove anything kk did was illegal and warrants her arrest. She was solicited multiple times, expressed concern to her friend, likely no proof of her agreement, she visited him, maybe she says he threw the phone in her car and she texted unethical texts.. I don’t think they have enough on her. Maybe I’m wrong.

I don't think KK had anything to do with KB's murder either, is why she has not been arrested, and never will be. She is providing LE what they need to bring PF to justice. The phone could have been tossed into her car, of course she turned it on when she found it, and the texts were sent. Which means there still may be people in play who did help him locally, or knew his intentions. More arrests coming. JMO

I dont think he planned to get rid of/hide her car at all in the short term. I truly believe he thought that LE was nearly non-existent in his neck of the woods. That he was just going to shove this under the rug and no one would be the wiser...except for when CB started to ring more often at which time he’d figure that all out later.
I agree... I don’t think he knew how involved CB was in her daughter’s life. I wonder if he knew that the house was put under LLC - which I think shows the relationship with her parents.
KB doesn’t seem to have shared a lot of information about parents with PF and about PF to her parents - possibly just her age and desire to be more independent? It appears she was even vague with friends - but maybe parents and friends are withholding information as instructed by LE?
The 10 days waiting to file missing report has always bugged me - I would be freaking out if I didn’t talk to my 38 year old daughter in 2 days maximum - but I know other “very caring” parents that would think nothing of not hearing from their child for a week or two -after they moved a thousand miles away. Not criticizing at all - just different.
My point is ... PF who lived with his mother may have MISTAKENLY thought that the distance and the lack of daily communication with parents meant that he could take her life and parents would simply accept her absence. He’s finding out how VERY badly he misjudged the love these parents had for their daughter ... isn’t he!

It takes a whole lot of money to live these days. A ranch has got to have huge bills. Even if mom footed all the ranch bills, he might have some expenses of his own.
He did say that since cattle prices were down, he couldn't afford to marry. But, then again, he didn't plan to marry Kelsey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975