Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildWest

WildWest Well-Known Member

Seattle1, PommyMommy, Kapua and 2 others like this.

2. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

Sadly because it has been done before in other cases. Yes it is macabre,and it is very hard to wrap ones head around how anyone, much less more than one person could sink to such levels of depravity.
    MOO

travelbug, Steelslady and WildWest like this.
  3. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

These amounts are best-case scenarios. Even those who are experienced breeders and respected for their dogs find it difficult to sell them all at full price. Plus, even within the same litter some puppies can't be sold at full price for various reasons.

Farriers go through feast or famine with business. It's definitely not regular, not even for the ones who are well-known and well respected.

Neither one of these jobs that PF had would produce regular, consistent income. IMO he would have gone through periods where he may not have been making anything at all. That's how it is with those of us who have grown up on farms and depended on others in similar situations who were in need of our bucolic services.

The only comment I've found that implied anything about this case being humorous is the idea that PF might have asked KB to sign a pre-nup. That's not finding the crime funny-that's finding the mere thought of that singular idea funny. I, too, hope she would have laughed if asked. She had a good job and owned her home; even in a best-case scenario he was no Warren Buffet.

4. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

I feel the same. Like she's pulling a Karla Homolka.
    MOO

5. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Don’t forget his 35 (IIRC) head of cattle.

PommyMommy, vaporlass, scmom and 4 others like this.
  6. WildWest

I don't buy it. There's a reason he still lives in his mothers house.

7. WildWest

That is how it was with the few I new in NOCO, except most of the them were DVM, combo large animal vet & farrier.

Edited to add.

I'm thinking more along the lines of $50K (I'm being generous), and there is no way one could support themselves much less a family on that in Colorado.

8. mtnlites

I live in a very rural area with lots of farms, namely horse farms. The farriers I know, even with the number of horses around here, have good months and bad months. It's enough to make a living, most of the time, but they're not wealthy by any means. The large animal vets do somewhat better because of the cattle here, but they're still not rich.

9. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

I have read from the beginning that Kelsey didn’t want to move in w/ him at his Mother’s property/house. Iirc she rented then bought the home she was living.

Is it even known if she was asked to move into his mother’s house.

She may have rented hoping the two would get married and buy a place, but he didn’t ask so she bought a place.

I for one do not think she was ever asked to move into mother’s house.

travelbug, Herat, GarAndTeed and 14 others like this.
  10. mtnlites

I'm not sure whether she was asked or not. I could see why she wouldn't want to move in with him and his mother, though. I probably wouldn't want to live with my husband and my mother-in-law if I didn't have to.

11. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

How much do you think KB made? I think $40-50k.

Aydrianna523 likes this.
  12. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I agree. However, idk that he lives on the same house as his mom. I would think he has separate quarters, on the same land. Jmo

Kapua likes this.
  13. skycountry

skycountry Well-Known Member

He had to be stopped by the deputy putting up his hand, so would guess he is not local, and doesn't know procedure when bringing in someone who is arrested. Don't know if LE would allow any of PF's LE family be involved.

14. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Maybe people in CO don’t tend to their horses, idk.
    I had four trimmed Saturday, new shoes on one, I was the fifth stop before noon, for my farrier.

On another note, I don’t understand why P would be jealous of someone with a mortgage payment, or think that would benefit him.

Jmo

Aydrianna523 and Kapua like this.
  15. skycountry

I hope the prosecution uses women to grill him on the stand, I think they will get a reaction out of him. Same with the media, use women reporters, they may get a response from him. Men who verbally abuse women, think all women are beneath them. I also think he resents his mom, he may blame her for his lack of a relationship with his father. JMO

16. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

First, a pedantic detail: As far as we know, KB didn't buy the same townhome she had been renting. It was in the same complex, but a different unit. At least that's what has been reported. IMO

Second, in my opinion as a resident in a rural/horsey area, KB had zero expection PF would ever live with her in that townhome for more than a few transitional months at the most. His life was about cattle, horses, and dog breeding and training. He would only have lived for any length of time on acreage where there was room for those activities and all the attendant vehicles and equipment.

Now, whether she bought her place as an interim, thinking she'd join him in the country at some point (after he inherited SF's land or moved to his own), or whether her buying the place was an indication she knew they would never be living together, we just don't know.

But IMO she never expected he would settle in to her home in WP.

17. skycountry

I don't think KK had anything to do with KB's murder either, is why she has not been arrested, and never will be. She is providing LE what they need to bring PF to justice. The phone could have been tossed into her car, of course she turned it on when she found it, and the texts were sent. Which means there still may be people in play who did help him locally, or knew his intentions. More arrests coming. JMO

18. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

I agree... I don’t think he knew how involved CB was in her daughter’s life. I wonder if he knew that the house was put under LLC - which I think shows the relationship with her parents.
    KB doesn’t seem to have shared a lot of information about parents with PF and about PF to her parents - possibly just her age and desire to be more independent? It appears she was even vague with friends - but maybe parents and friends are withholding information as instructed by LE?
    The 10 days waiting to file missing report has always bugged me - I would be freaking out if I didn’t talk to my 38 year old daughter in 2 days maximum - but I know other “very caring” parents that would think nothing of not hearing from their child for a week or two -after they moved a thousand miles away. Not criticizing at all - just different.
    My point is ... PF who lived with his mother may have MISTAKENLY thought that the distance and the lack of daily communication with parents meant that he could take her life and parents would simply accept her absence. He’s finding out how VERY badly he misjudged the love these parents had for their daughter ... isn’t he!

Tora Gahan, scmom, WildWest and 4 others like this.
  19. skycountry

I 25 north to Denver can be a nightmare, there is lots of construction to add another lane going on atm, but south to Pueblo, not a lot of traffic to deal with, and she would have been commuting south on I 25. jmo

WildWest, Kapua and Aydrianna523 like this.
  20. Aydrianna523

Aydrianna523 Well-Known Member

It takes a whole lot of money to live these days. A ranch has got to have huge bills. Even if mom footed all the ranch bills, he might have some expenses of his own.
    He did say that since cattle prices were down, he couldn't afford to marry. But, then again, he didn't plan to marry Kelsey...

travelbug, katydid23, kimpage and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.