Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVic

TheVic Well-Known Member

It always blows my mind that these guys seem to really believe that they will get away with murder.

2. Aydrianna523

Aydrianna523 Well-Known Member

It certainly would be. They went from an empty nest to a full-time baby. There's just not much downtime....for literally years. God bless them.

Kapua, MrsM, allboys and 14 others like this.
  3. WildcatRunner

WildcatRunner Well-Known Member

I don't like the way some laws are here, I wasn't implying I did. It just wouldn't be something I'd think to mention if a newcomer asked me about the state. Unless they specifically asked me about the legal system.

AnnaGrace, GordianKnot, Hatch and 5 others like this.
  4. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I am guessing that at some point, as the baby grows older, and her grandparents grow older, she may end up being raised by her uncle and his husband. They are younger and are probably spending a lot of time with their parents and their niece. My heart goes out to the whole family.

5. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

And think of the even more difficult time ahead of the grandparents, when little K will become a teenager, will get in the middle of her puberty, having parents of whom one was murdered long ago and one sitting in jail/possibly on death row for the evil murder. Further imagine: little K knowing as a teenager, which woman is living her happy life (perhaps), although she participated in murdering K's (almost unknown) mum in 2018. What kind of trouble might be awaiting teenie K and at the same time her elderly grandparents, if they are still alive? - IMO MOO

Kapua, Allygator, MsBetsy and 4 others like this.
  6. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that the baby is raised in their strong faith and with lots of good sources of help to be a fine and beautiful upstanding citizen.

Kapua, MrsM, Allygator and 12 others like this.
  7. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Yellow Rose, what a beautiful thought! Thank you for voicing it.

The one consolation and glimmer of hope in all of this darkness is that Baby K. will be reared in a nurturing environment by two loving (grand)parents who have a proven capacity to raise children who go on to become responsible, caring adults and upstanding citizens.

After all, they raised Kelsey...and she was a wonderful human being!

Kapua, Denisedyann, MrsM and 12 others like this.
  8. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

Curious, could some of his assets have been transferred into SF’s name?
    Didn’t he hire a private lawyer before he was arrested? Then, after arrest he went with a public defender? I suppose his private attorney informed him of $$$cost if he was charged and it went to trial - which was why he went with Public Defender.
    I suspect PF “hid” his assets to avoid paying child support from the time his daughter was born, and he offered childcare instead - and KB was more interested in her child having the “father” relationship than child “support” in monetary terms. Which is another indicator of her truly good character. IMO.
    He may have had to actually transfer (rather than simply hiding) assets on paper with the private attorney’s assistance in order to qualify for the public defender. Just speculating.

FromGermany, MassGuy, Irmese and 7 others like this.
  9. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

YellowRose’s thought is lovely. MOO is the B’s will get custody February 17th, but I think the F’s might get visitation.

Grandparent Rights & Visitation

10. WildWest

WildWest Well-Known Member

And many would find it strange if they did ask, almost suspicious.

MsBetsy, GordianKnot and Hatch like this.
  11. riolove77

riolove77 Verified Attorney

The private attorney assisting him in hiding assets in order to qualify for a PD would be unethical. I doubt he would have done so. Having said that, I wouldn't put it past PF to have done things like that from the time he heard KB was pregnant. Until we hear further, I am of the opinion the pregnancy was NOT planned and he was not happy with it.

If he did do any such thing, he would have lied under penalty of perjury on his application for a PD. Then again, what's a little perjury when you're looking at Murder 1?

Sunny123, MassGuy, jewelsmac and 17 others like this.
  12. InvSmith

InvSmith Sometimes your cross is carried by strangers

Completely well said.

Allygator, susiQ, nwmouse and 7 others like this.
  13. InvSmith

It is not something generally talked about a lot but there are few things more frightening than dealing with an intent federal agent or investigator. There is nothing that could prepare KL for facing the pressure she placed herself in. If she wasn't intimidated by PF, I can assure you, she was when meeting her first FBI or CBI agent. She told all she knew with or without an attorney.

Mom24, MassGuy, PommyMommy and 13 others like this.
  14. InvSmith

It is confessing, if he knows where the body is.

Kapua, MassGuy, lindaromas and 3 others like this.
  15. InvSmith

Never underestimate a psychopath.

Kapua, MrsM, MassGuy and 6 others like this.
  16. GordianKnot

So, MG, IMO, you're really, really close to nailing it here, son....as always, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

While not normally one to split hairs (daily conditioner use helps), for lack of anything better to do on this thread until the 19th, I'll just say my trail of thought is very similar to yours, but yours is like a mirror image of mine. Inverted.

Flip the clauses in your 2 sentences above, and it pretty much reflects my thinking:

He didn't want to pay child support, so he wanted sole (or whatever would be least costly to him) custody arrangements.

I keep coming back to this having something to do with finances, and part of that was the child.

IMO, the motive was driven solely by PF's needs and wants, along w/ his self-consumed ego.
    PF is a cold, narcissistic little *****.
    PF cares about PF, not Baby K....as evidenced by the fact that he murdered (IMO) Baby's K's loving mother, upon whom Baby K was dependent to meet her physical, emotional and developmental needs. That attachment was critical for Baby K. PF irrevocably severed that mother-child bond.
    Like I said, it's really a distinction without a difference, because motive doesn't matter here. Whatever stupid reason PF manufactured in his hoof-addled brain for his evil deed, the end result is the same.

KB is dead.

All of the above: JMO.

O/T: Good luck to your team in the SB today, MG! We all know you're a huge fan!

17. GordianKnot

BBM: LNF, do you have a MSM source you can link?
    If not, we're all probably going to need to treat those statements as unsubstantiated rumors. (Inserting best deadpan expression).

18. GordianKnot

Unless it's an incredibly stupid psychopath.
    Like PF, for example.
    It's almost impossible to underestimate PF!

19. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

I just don’t get the feeling that this is a psychopathic murder. This was planned and motive driven. I just can’t figure out what that motive is.

20. GordianKnot

If I committed a crime, I'd just offer up one sentence: "I'd like a lawyer, please."
    It seems to me that if suspects stuck to that script, it wouldn't matter what pressure tactics or (legal) interrogation methods LEAs used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.