Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I don't believe PF is in protective custody but I totally agree that the plot reeks of female scheming. That's why I fear KK's plea deal could hurt the DA's case rather than help it.

You raise an issue that has concerned me and that is the fact that KK and PF have had a long term relationship and apparently were some kind of business partners. That opens up the possibility PF has had no romantic interest in KK whatsoever and phone calls between the two may be because of business and not because he was soliciting murder.

I don't believe PF threatened KK's children or that KK thinks he is evil. If KK's friends think spouting all their spin in the media helps KK, they are badly mistaken. All that has accomplished is raise more suspicions about KK's involvement. I wonder now if the recent cows that were sold belonged to PF and KK and that is the money she is using for her attorney.

JMO

2. jaspermac

jaspermac Well-Known Member

There is no doubt the police have evidence she is dead. They went from holding out hope she was alive to immediately stating she was deceased after the second search of her home.

The material they brought out of the home - large pieces of sheetrock or cupboards suggests splatter of some type of body fluid.

They don't arrest as fast as LE did in no body cases unless they have alot of evidence. There was an article by a DA that talked about 3 legs that are needed for a no body case and how the liklihood of conviction in a no body case is higher because they don't arrest and charge until the case is really strong.

?mysterian?, jewelsmac, Artis and 9 others like this.
  3. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

In the scenario of threats of violence against children or blackmail, I would still go to the police.

Chocoholic, jewelsmac, Artis and 11 others like this.
  4. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

Wouldn't they feel somewhat obligated to let CBS continue with the traditional network morning specials, rather than go for live streaming on pay-for-view?
    IMO

Artis, GarAndTeed and GordianKnot like this.
  5. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Hark, is that the voice of reason I hear? It's gotta' be mickey! Hey, mick!

Chocoholic, Allygator, susiQ and 3 others like this.
  6. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Your great questioning would have MS stuttering, and wishing to leave.:):)
    Perhaps the questions are bland, so MS comes back for more, and her friends follow, all done for ratings.
    MOO.

Artis, Noharg, susiQ and 2 others like this.
  7. Lhughessk

Lhughessk Well-Known Member

Unless there is another person involved, or he led her to THINK there was, and that person was in IDAHO and poised to do bad things if PF called and gave him the word. Total speculation of course, but that would be one way he could make it a real threat.

MsJosie likes this.
  8. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

The only problem with this, what standing would an ex GF have with making a police report about an ex BF, "This ex BF, PF, in Colorado is going to kill his current GF".

"He threatened me and my children if I didn't agree to help him".

Where would that go? And if it was investigated PF and KK would have been told?

Mimi in London and GordianKnot like this.
  9. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

Where she lives there might be enough people who believe she's a victim, too.

drama_farmer, MsJosie and travelbug like this.
  10. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I might agree, except that PF was the one running around for the few months before killing KB telling people that they weren't together, that KB was a drug addict, that she had abandoned her child several times, had gone off before, etc. That story wasn't circulated by KK.

MsJosie and susiQ like this.
  11. cg777

cg777 Member

This is a theory that I've thought about a lot and really want to buy into, but then again I've watched countless true crime shows where there's a ransom note or similar situation and, rather than to contact LE immediately, the involved party follows directions to not involve LE (as I yell at my TV). Sure, you or I would go straight to the police with the phone, but that doesn't mean that everyone would.

drama_farmer likes this.
  12. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

There's always work to be done on a ranch...lots of poop-scooping, I hear.

I'm sad for KK's parents who probably made sacrifices for her to get a nursing degree which is pretty worthless now. I suppose she could sit with sick people in their homes.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  13. ajaylee

ajaylee Well-Known Member

He could have threatened her (I have witnessed something similar) by pointing out that if she called the Sheriff, he's a hometown boy. They'll likely do nothing more initially than drop by for a chat. He'll tell them about his cray-cray recently-divorced ex in Idaho that is jealous of his new fiancee and baby-mama. The minute they leave, he'll get in his truck, drive straight through to Idaho, and go after her children and there will be nothing the law can do to protect her.

Sadly, it might very well have played out that way if she had told and I think PF knew that.

14. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

I think evidence of lots of blood would suffice, even if it's only made known by a Luminol test. Add in a confession to the Rodeo Queen and you're good to go. MOO

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  15. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I think the R's and MS are willing to be interviewed to absolve themselves of their responsibility in this. They've taken a public bashing for not following up on the information.

16. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

susiQ, NoeticSoul and GordianKnot like this.
  17. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Well, that's a bit of a programming snag, true. But if they went w/ a nighttime
    Pay-Per-View Event, a portion of the proceeds could go towards KK's attorney fees.

Also, turns out, bulletproof muumuus are bespoke, so not cheap!

A telethon, while admittedly old-school, is also an idea worth exploring.

I don't know about anybody else, but I would certainly pick up the phone and call in to the station.

JMO.

Dave F., GarAndTeed and MassGuy like this.
  18. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

What if he committed a perfect murder and left no other evidence? He could get away with it and she would be in jeopardy. Not sure if that crossed her mind when she decided to go through with it. I'd like to know what other pros did she find as justification.

19. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Could PF had provided KK, and any other Jerk, and himself with burner phones, as he probably had his plan for ages?
    Burner phones used for these illicit activities.
    However, as these Creeps, aren't bright, one of them could refer to a previous discussion from burner phones onto their ordinary phones, therefore alerting LE
    ie LE could state, "How was KK contacted, if we have no electronic evidence for this?"
    MOO.

20. travelbug

travelbug Well-Known Member

I can't speak to the situation in Idaho, but I can provide some insight regarding the mindset of people in communities similar to it in surrounding states. The critical factor is whether community members are helpful or hurtful, particularly if the "family name" is being threatened. A large portion of the land within small ranching communities is owned by only a few families. In the ID, WY, MO, CO region those families have generally been long time residents. They start out buying a plot of land and ranching or farming it in order to support their family. If they are fortunate the business succeeds and the start accumulating savings to purchase more land to increase their income. After a couple of decades these residents are the same people that decide it is time to provide some services that will benefit the community. The landowners form partnerships and provide things like a local bank, a closer place to shop for daily needs, repair places for their equipment, doctors/dentists, apartments (so their employees can stay close), etc. The vast number of families I have been associated with have viewed that in a noble way. They are making their "hometown" more comfortable for their friends and family. If you are a resident of their hometown, even if these more powerful families are wonderful people, you are always aware that it is best to "for them" and "not against them". If the local media speaks in an unfavorable way about someone, the friends and family will withdraw their support. In a small town that is frequently a shortcut to closing your doors. Residents cancel their subscriptions and if you've been borrowing from the bank to operate your business the funding will dry up, etc. It's difficult for "cityfolk" to comprehend the level of support, both fiscally and socially, provided to families in small and isolated communities. People who are at odds with the "community viewpoint" generally pick up stakes and move away. jmoo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.