Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

It won’t simply be her saying “he solicited me.”

There will be information that corroborates this; I’m guessing in the form of text messages.

Mobsters have been convicted on the word of other mobsters.

Killers have been convicted on the word of other killers.

This sort of thing happens all the time.

The jury doesn’t have to like her, and they don’t have to totally believe her.

All that matters is that they believe that PF is guilty.

Chocoholic, MrsM, allboys and 17 others like this.
  2. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

Like I wonder if her plea with no sentence yet affects her present licensure for RN.....

Artis, MsBetsy, susiQ and 2 others like this.
  3. nwmouse

nwmouse Sometimes edited for a MOO

So let's ASSume that KK was afraid that her children's lives were in danger due to the alleged threats by PF.
    As a mother the first thing I'd do is go to LE and file a police report.
    I'd also make sure I told others in my community - family, an attorney, a pastor. Why wouldn't she tell friends and then ask the R's, who are attorneys, for advice? Heck, I'd leave no stone unturned if someone threatened those I love most.

As per the interview on CBS, KK is no shrinking violet, she's a "cowgirl".
    If anyone threatened my loved ones I'd be singing it from the rooftops, telling the media, as many as would listen.
    And that is why I also call BS on KK's claims that she was "skeered".
    MOO

Artis, Allygator, Noharg and 12 others like this.
  4. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

That sure could be but I find it so hard to believe he would have been that stupid when he could have used a rear choke hold to knock her out and then strangle her. I learned that from a Jackass video where one of those goofballs had another guy do it to him and he went down like a sack of potatoes.

5. Beagle

Beagle Well-Known Member

I agree with your sentients. I understand her fear, but given the circumstances it does not excuse her from not doing anything to protect someone else. Another person's life was at stake. That fear/threat will always be there regardless of helping him or not. He would continue to threaten and manipulate her. I would report to the police take my kids and run/go into hiding. I could not be an accomplice to murder or anything else for that matter.

AgeofAquaruis, MassGuy, Artis and 4 others like this.
  6. nwmouse

PF killed KB and his attempts to get away with it were clumsy and short-sighted. Certainly not a perfect murder, imho.

That "word" of KK's carries good weight, especially when a child like baby K is involved and that she admits she was solicited to help kill KB.

Suddenly a mom goes missing, leaving behind her child, her job, her parents, her home? No prior history of instability/drug abuse/disappearances/mental health issues/arrests.

LE are not stupid and very few people who are not random strangers committing random murders, get away with it these days. Killers always leave something behind.

How many killers have gotten away with murdering their lover/spouse/mother of their child, especially these days with the forensics available?

Scott Peterson didn't. Michael Peterson didn't. Drew Peterson didn't. Chris Watts didn't.
    How did PF expect to get away with it?

Eta: PF is not nearly as clever as he thinks he is.
    MOO

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    MrsM, MassGuy, Allygator and 7 others like this.
  7. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

Yes, that was may point. This women is certainly already causing a reasonable doubt if she helped or did it herself. So the more she, and her friends for that matter, incriminate herself, the more a defense attorney can point fingers at her and away from him.
    She's not on trial and she's got that sweet plea agreement. She walks, he walks. So yes all that matters is they believe PF is guilty because they have evidence to support that.

susiQ, GarAndTeed, nwmouse and 2 others like this.
  8. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I have known several people who have been exonerated of guilt, when their significant others have fallen while hiking at National Parks. And of course, the head is usually crushed by rocks.

Note, no cell service in National Park, no pesky cameras in neighboring yards.

Dumb criminals over think. Smart ones...whoops...geeze.

9. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

If the jury doesn't believe KK's fear story they will question KK's credibility. The DA better have solid evidence independent of KK if they want a conviction of PF. All it takes is one juror to not believe he did it.

JMO

Artis, indicolite22, gliving and 3 others like this.
  10. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

Way to make us feel better. ; > o

travelbug, Hatfield and heartgoesout like this.
  11. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

That's a great movie plot but I don't think that the local judicial system would play along in a ruse to fake her out and nail her. We'd be talking a fake arrest (of Frazee), fake charges by the DA, fake hearings by the judge, removal of his child to Kelsey's family, auctioning his cattle and keeping him in jail under false pretenses (which he's in on). Is she were the real killer, it would certainly be a brilliant ploy but I'm sure it would be illegal.

MrsM, pepper 34, Noharg and 4 others like this.
  12. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

Note to self...do not go hiking with those people you know.:rolleyes:

MrsM, Artis, Allygator and 14 others like this.
  13. MemPat

If there wasn't something on your list PF would be out there putting new shoes on old horses today, right?

14. MassGuy

Exactly. Law enforcement didn’t say that Kelsey was dead, murdered in her house, and PF did it, because KK said so.

They found something.

We’ll have an idea soon enough.

MrsM, Artis, jewelsmac and 13 others like this.
  15. nwmouse

If KK is pregnant from PF and the dates add up, I'll admit I'm a fool and I'll eat cow-pies.
    Because I don't believe for a second that KK is pregnant from PF.
    MOO

angelainwi, MrsM, Artis and 7 others like this.
  16. MemPat

And maybe, just maybe the <modsnipped> taped him during conversations after the murder. It's possible.

<modsnipped please use her initials when referring to her; nicknames for case players are not allowed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
    susiQ, gliving, travelbug and 6 others like this.
  17. MassGuy

The plausibility of that scenario, all comes down to how fast she was located by law enforcement.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if you were right about this, and it would go a long way towards explaining such a lenient deal.

MrsM, Gardener1850, susiQ and 9 others like this.
  18. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Wow, now, there's a thought. That would sure be some real extortion ammo.

Because I'm always wondering about the psychological side of people, I look at her and wonder if she's a narc (pure speculation) and, in that context, I keep in mind that they always accuse others of doing and being what they are. When she said she thought he'd killed before, I actually wondered if she had.

We heard he complained he was being railroaded. To me, that didn't mean innocent but taking the entire fall for something they planned and did together.

I really hope we find out the truth and the only way that happens is with a trial. We've heard what an angry guy he is and I'm gonna bet he'll be out for blood when it comes to KK.

MrsM, AgeofAquaruis, Noharg and 6 others like this.
  19. nwmouse

If she was intelligent she certainly would have.
    Especially if she was truly afraid for her children's lives.

MOO

20. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Thats what she should have done after the 1st solicitation and be ready for the 2nd solicitation to tape him and then run to LE with the tape to put him away for awhile and save KB's life. And the icing on the cake is she would not have had to make a plea deal herself.

She may have had to move and hide from him after he eventually got out but that would have been better for everyone's sake including her own because look at the trouble she is now in.

21. nwmouse

I don't think PF is over-endowed with brains.
    MOO

MrsM, Artis, girlhasnoname and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.