Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrupted1967

Corrupted1967 Well-Known Member

That case is one huge mess,the bailbondsman Bobby brown has done alot of podcasts on it and has been working it with Mindy's mom

2. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

In reality, no protection orders save no one. KK didn't bother to try.

JMO

MemPat likes this.
  3. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Well, I only see him as having destroyed KB's life and that of her family. His family is not responsible for what he's done so I don't see their reputation being affected but I can imagine that PF's crime is very difficult for them to process. With respect to costing them money, I recall he has a public defender. His mother could save herself the expense of an attorney by not fighting for custody of baby K, and allowing the B's to find some solace in raising their deceased daughter's child. JMO

MrsM, MsBetsy, AgeofAquaruis and 13 others like this.
  4. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

IIRC, the Rs contacted CBI on 12/17 but found out that KK's property was already being searched and somewhere else it was reported those warrants were obtained on 12/15. PF was arrested on 12/21. I would imagine any communication between these two scumbags stopped as soon she was aware of the SWs (12/15-17).

5. thesaint

thesaint Well-Known Member

Seems like the best prosecutors either end up switching to the defense bar or moving on to some sort of higher office. That said, courtrooms are home court / tilted to favor the prosecution. Not only because many/most judges are former prosecutors, but I believe the weight of the law itself favors the prosecution--due to the prosecution's burden of proof.

So prosecutors are more likely to get their evidence admitted while judges keep a tight rein on what they'll allow the defense to introduce into evidence. Cuz if the defense could get everything they wanted into evidence, no one would ever be ever convicted of anything.

Judge Ito sank the prosecution in the OJ trial once he started letting the defense bring in all manner of water-muddying background issues that may or may not have had much relevance to the proceedings.

I imagine there'll be major tussles over the defense delving into KK's background for impeachment purposes if she ends up taking the stand in this case. Prosecutor prolly will try to keep KK's direct testimony tightly-focused on the time-frame and events surrounding KB's disappearance; cuz anything the prosecution touches on on direct, it gives the defense the opening to go deeper there on cross.

6. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Now, there's a term I don't think I've ever seen used outside of a conspiracy/CIA type thread. Good one. That caused me to look up the origin, which I'd never done (as it speaks for itself):

Wetwork (Russian: мокрое дело, tr. mokroye delo)[1] is a euphemism for murder or assassination, alluding to spilling blood. The expression and the similar wet job, wet affair, or wet operation—all calques of Russian terms for such activities—can be traced to criminal slang from at least the 19th century[2][3] and originally meant robbery that involved murder, i.e., spilling blood.

These operations are reputed to have been handled by the CIA, and also by the KGB's Spetsbureau 13, colorfully known as the "Department of Wet Affairs" (Otdel mokrykh del).

MrsM, Greenstreet, crhedBngr and 12 others like this.
  7. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

What line of work are you in?

1. Probation office
    2. Walmart customer service agent
    3. Bartender
    4. Other

8. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder because I've seen (here) people say she resided with him after their divorce. Who knows what he's like but I'd throw her and all of her shite out on the front lawn as soon as I learned this stuff. I'd also move to have her parental rights terminated.

MrsM, nwmouse, AgeofAquaruis and 5 others like this.
  9. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Pretty much that. Add in her being a personality disordered thrill seeker who's attracted to a bad boy sociopath.

MrsM, BingoBongo, nwmouse and 7 others like this.
  10. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

The term "conspiracy theorist" was coined by CIA disinfo agents to discredit those who questioned the official narrative of the JFK assassination. Sane people people question everything and game probabilities. I love your posts!

11. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, my "enquiring mind" is still fixated on that excuse of an interview CBS did with MS.

We've already covered the "very, very good reason for whatever she did or did not do." (shaking my head again)

On to the rest.

"I think he is a very dangerous person."
    "She has never seen that kind of evil in anybody."

Conveniently, when Nikki asks her, "take me to the first moment when K told you that P tried to involve her in this crime," she responds with, "I will just tell you, K was very, very scared," not answering the question. "She was absolutely scared, extremely upset", "fear, legitimate fear."

Nikki says, "If she didn't comply, Patrick might kill her?" M responds, "Yes, that's what I believe, yes." Notice she doesn't respond with, "Yes, that's what K told me." Her response is an assumption on her part.

So we're left no more enlightened than when the interview began, really. We don't know WHEN exactly KK realized "she has never seen that kind of evil in anybody." Was it the first, second or third time PF solicited her OR was it when she arrived in WP and saw KB's dead body and what he had done to her? I put this forward quite a while back, that LE knew she was dead because someone had seen the body. I am in no way saying KK was involved in the actual murder but I think she was an accessory after the fact and has pleaded down to tampering with evidence in return for her testimony and the evidence she has already provided.

I sure would like to have a chat with her co-workers to get a feel for her demeanor when she returned to work on Nov. 26th.

As always, just MOO.

MrsM, Eevie, Sy_justanother and 19 others like this.
  12. Mimi in London

Mimi in London Well-Known Member

Wel, that answered my question. Thank you TB. Really very interesting. And it explains a lot (including your username :) )

13. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Interesting to hear from an outsider who lived there.

14. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

We don't know for a fact that KK has family in CO. We don't know for a fact which days KK was in CO. And we don't know whether or not she took her kids with her on that trip.

15. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Okay, well, two is fewer than several but it's still pretty unusual. I'd put it up there with knowing two people whose spouses were eaten by sharks. What are the chances?!

16. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Is it okay for you give the initials of who else you think may become a POI?

What do you mean, "what did PF say?"? Are you referring to his complaint about being railroaded?

17. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

I only did a quick read on it and it sounded absurd. There's a petition demanding her case be re-opened. Cases of obvious murder that are ruled suicide are always outrageous and there are a lot of them.

Steph8angels, Kapua, susiQ and 2 others like this.
  18. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

The defense can also call her as their own (hostile) witness, right? You know the prosecution will use her to maximum damage against Frazee so if she has further involvement in the crime that the defense knows about, they have nothing to lose by trying to rip her to shreds, right?

19. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

I certainly hate to see the trend that headlines are moving now that the KK crowd is spreading the “she was soooo scared” story. I hope this changes as more comes to light. The media obviously feels it needs new clickbait.

Attached Files:

MrsM, travelbug, Artis and 8 others like this.
  20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, and by then they would have had the chance to dispose of the phones, leaving it very difficult for LE to find any evidence of their communication. Imo

travelbug, Artis, susiQ and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.