Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I can't take the leap to say KK was there when KB was murdered but I believe she was an accessory after the fact never mind had ample foreknowledge which makes her culpable in my eyes if not in a court of law. Her plea deal reflects the amount of info she provided for LE to determine KB was indeed dead and where to look for that evidence.

I doubt a jury will sympathize with her or believe she was a "victim" of PF. She will leave them with a very bad taste in their mouth but I believe the evidence she provides will outweigh their disdain for her. Many will "clue in" and contemplate HER selfish motive in all of this, to "stand by her man." Trust me the defence is not going to let her off easy. Quite the contrary. The jury will likely believe her account of what transpired. I believe the DA thinks so to and that's why they made the deal with her. I don't think PF is going to get any reduction in a sentencing. He's done. MOO

MrsM, Beagle, Artis and 7 others like this.
  2. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

So far, it's entirely possible to me that KK was only an accessory after the fact. Could she have been more than that? Sure, but currently available information doesn't suport it. If there was evidence to the contrary, there would be no deal.

MsBetsy, Corrupted1967, susiQ and 2 others like this.
  3. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Well, if that was his plan he overestimated his ability to pull it off and failed miserably. I'll believe that was his intent if a witness comes forward to corroborate that's what his intention was. MOO

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yup, I totally agree.

The evidence that we are aware of, indicates that she was an accessory after the fact.

There is nothing to indicate that she was involved in the planning, or the murder itself.

I really dislike this woman, and I think her actions are horrendous, but calling her a murderer is based on emotion, not facts.

We’ll have to wait in order to understand the true nature of her involvement.

5. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Hmmmm! Interesting thought. Not sure I could give him that much intellectual credit but hey, you never know :)

6. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

^^Succinct and spot on.

7. indicolite22

We don't know for sure why she went to Colorado for Thanksgiving. Perhaps to visit PF and her relatives?

I haven't seen any evidence that would confirm her knowledge of PF's plans for that particular ocassion.

Do we know that this was the first time she visited PF since being solicited to kill? How do we know that he didn't stop talking about it afterwards?

CDB and MsBetsy like this.
  8. Corrupted1967

Corrupted1967 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Idaho's friends yapping isn't going to cause problems in the trial.theres so much anger focused on Idaho that pf seems to be a bit player.

Artis likes this.
  9. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

you actually do not know when she talked to LE but if she is worried about something about her being exposed, she does not want to go to LE. she would not feel safe, but she also would not want LE to investigate: rock and a hard place.

sunshineandlove, MsBetsy and susiQ like this.
  10. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

Wouldn’t surprise me if he did, and it wouldn’t surprise me.

JenniferTx likes this.
  11. indicolite22

IMO he was going for "no evidence, no crime" and "no body, no conviction".

MrsM, Beagle, MemPat and 7 others like this.
  12. acutename

I think that KK was generally viewed favorably in her home area and her family is well thought of and well connected. I do not think that people hate her. I think this whole situation is shocking to them. She was the girl next door with some honors and awards as well. (IMO)

Beagle, thistle, Artis and 7 others like this.
  13. jaspermac

jaspermac Well-Known Member

We know she didn't talk to LE on the day she drove the phone back to Idaho, and that is what I am saying. If she was so terrified of PF, all she had to do was stop in at the police station and tell the police she knows PF killed KB, he forced her to take the phone and dispose of it. But she knew that was wrong and is turning it in and turning him in.

Threat gone.

Re anything else about her being exposed- that was not what the R's or MS indicated it was fear for her own life or children's- he had possibly killed before. If it was even a remote possibility I don't think you would see her with the deal that she has now because if PF scared her so much that he would tell, then he would have told.. otherwise she really had no need to be that scared... so the fear thing kind of just doesn't hold weight for me with KK

Allygator, Artis, susiQ and 5 others like this.
  14. acutename

in the initial coverage, where PF was "the fiancee" and KB was this sweet, quiet, industrious person, and PF was a doting father, things seemed one way. If there actually is another pregnancy, or another child somewhere, PF's life seems much more complicated, nefarious and dangerous.

15. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

Have no fear, PF's day is coming, 7 days from now, barring a continuance.

MrsM, angelainwi, Allygator and 9 others like this.
  16. InvSmith

InvSmith Sometimes your cross is carried by strangers

I think this will be the defense's reasonable doubt argument

MsJosie, Allygator, Artis and 6 others like this.
  17. acutename

KK did live 800 miles away from KB and possibly never saw or met her. possible that all she knew about KB was sourced from PF who might have said some very derogatory things. in reality, KB had zero impact on KK's daily life, but KB and the baby were in PF's life daily. So, IMO, PF had about 98% more motive. (still do not understand why his life was to be "improved" by her death, but I am not PF)

Aydrianna523, thistle, Artis and 5 others like this.
  18. NoeticSoul

NoeticSoul Learning is a gift, even if pain is your teacher.

dbm

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    susiQ and CDB like this.
  19. Hopefullyhelpful

Hopefullyhelpful Well-Known Member

Agreed, and KK certainly is cooperating in setting it up for him.

Allygator, mrstfs, Artis and 3 others like this.
  20. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

And honestly, we have no idea about the evidence that caused LE to arrest PF. We’ve heard her statement and are assuming they have a solid case against him but we really know very little. Just mentioning because we are all assuming things about PF even though we are pretty much in the dark.

Much about KK and PF is still conjecture at this point.

And yes, I believe they are both guilty. I flip-flop back-and-forth as to which one instigated the murder. There’s just so much we don’t know (and likely won’t until the trial).

Artis, Noharg, Kapua and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.