CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #38 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clayton Sandell on Twitter
Blistering response from #PatrickFrazee's attorney accusing a local TV station of filing a motion that's a "complete misstatement of the facts and the truth" and suggests sanctions might be in order. Yikes. #KelseyBerreth https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/D-10%20Objection%20to%20Non-Party%20Movants%20KOAA%20News%205%20and%20KRDO-TV%20Motions%20to%20Unseal%20Records%20in%20Court%20File.pdf …

Dzc1hIsV4AEwuad.jpg

Once again, I would really like to know if this kind of obsession with privacy is common in this kind of case in Colorado.

I don't think we know that PF had her purse and keys through any info from LE or MSM. I think it's just an assumption that once he had killed KB he had control of them until such time he or someone else (guess who?) disposed of them.

ed:sp

Yes, this is what I meant.

I'm getting the impression that KK is quite the manipulator - you know, like a narc. I don't know what M's deal is other than flying monkey and that's it's own pathology (and, sometimes, also a narc). Looks like M has enjoyed basking in the popularity of the rodeo queen. Now comes the infamy (which narcs also get off on). Plenty of fuel to go around.
I had to read this twice.

Funny how our life experience colors everything. When I was growing up anybody who tattled, or was perceived to be a threat of letting out our mischievous actions, was called a Narc. So I read what you wrote as; KK was a Narc meaning a plant to tell on the activities. Wow! what a different understanding than what I read the second time with narc.= narcissist.

I think I may need another coffee.

Once again, I would really like to know if this kind of obsession with privacy is common in this kind of case in Colorado.
A number of legal analysts have weighed in on matters surrounding PF’s case; whether or not they’ve addressed this particular point, I don’t recall. If you’re up for sifting through the articles and videos to find out, there are several beginning on this page of the media thread: CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

IANAL, but I don’t consider the defense’s objection to the motion to be an obsession with privacy. Just based on the cases I’ve followed (only one other in Colorado), it seems fairly typical.

You can see some examples from the Watt's case (Weld County, CO) here:

Colorado Judicial Branch - - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Christopher Lee Watts

MOO

Last edited:
Just reading an article that reminded me of a detail I'd forgotten about.

KK will not be sentenced until AFTER PF's trial.

That prolongs her pain, waiting and not knowing what her sentence will be, possibly for months if PF's trial goes that long. That's part of her deserved punishment.

However, it's also a very powerful motivation not to hold back when she testifies against PF. If she holds back in his trial, it will be held against her at her own sentencing.

(...RSBM for focus...)
There also a problem if the prosecution cannot show PF is not the solicitor versus the encouraged which would mean they have read ALL communications from beginning to end.

Just jumping off your thoughts here.... Not all communications are written though. I could see a manipulative person having a phone conversation or rodeo or pillow talk with someone, then following up with texts that implicate the other person by twists of language.

Where I once worked, I refused to ever eat lunch alone with a certain person. She was known for putting the words that came out of her own mouth into the mouths of her victims, go around the office stirring up trouble.

Last edited:
So what do you all see happening to PF and his "sidekick phone exterminator" if LE is able to locate the body before the next court date?

By this time, it might not be possible to determine cause of death. I actually don't see how it strengthens the case against PF, other than that the defense can't try to claim KB ran off and is still out there somewhere.

Now if they find her remains and can tie PF to that location in the right timeframe, that would be a game-changer.

I can't see PF pleading guilty. He has nothing to lose by fighting - he has a public defender, so he's not racking up legal bills. If he pleads guilty, he won't be going home for a very long time, if ever.

If he fights it, there's a chance he'll get off.

Just damn ....... And yep pf seems like he's gonna put up one heck of a fight it sure looks like he's not gonna plea .
PF is not giving up. The public defenders know who and what he has done. Their game plan is to fight everything trying to get a mistrial or something really stupid out of the prosecution like an OJ event. They have no defense other than attempt to use the law to instill confusion. Get him off on a technicality is their plan.

Last edited:
So what do you all see happening to PF and his "sidekick phone exterminator" if LE is able to locate the body before the next court date?

At this point, I think they WILL locate the body well before the trial. I think they have a good idea where it is, and are prevented by old man winter from searching.
The immediate area ranges from about 6600 ft elevation at the bottom of Ute Pass to about 14,000 ft at many peak tops. They are having a fairly bad winter in Woodland Park, which means the weather up toward the peaks is beyond human ability to move about the landscape. Not to worry, "Springtime in the Rockies" happens every year, like clockwork.
IMO

By this time, it might not be possible to determine cause of death. I actually don't see how it strengthens the case against PF, other than that the defense can't try to claim KB ran off and is still out there somewhere.

Now if they find her remains and can tie PF to that location in the right timeframe, that would be a game-changer.

I can't see PF pleading guilty. He has nothing to lose by fighting - he has a public defender, so he's not racking up legal bills. If he pleads guilty, he won't be going home for a very long time, if ever.

If he fights it, there's a chance he'll get off.

I keep saying they don't have to prove a cause of death to prove Murder One. They have to prove PF caused it, but there is a world of difference. IMO

A number of legal analysts have weighed in on matters surrounding PF’s case; whether or not they’ve addressed this particular point, I don’t recall. If you’re up for sifting through the articles and videos to find out, there are several beginning on this page of the media thread: CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

IANAL, but I don’t consider the defense’s objection to the motion to be an obsession with privacy. Just based on the cases I’ve followed (only one other in Colorado), it seems fairly typical.

You can see some examples from the Watt's case (Weld County, CO) here:

Colorado Judicial Branch - - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Christopher Lee Watts

MOO

The obsession with privacy is very real in the beginning stages in Colorado, and usually just the opposite once the evidentiary hearing is completed. The judge has to balance the people's right to know against the defendant's right to a fair trial, but any good attorney will explain that an ignorant jury is not as favorable as one whose members know a little, yet have open questions about the case going in. The fight from now on is going to be more about WHEN information is released, not IF it is released. IMO

This is certainly not earth shattering, but I found it interesting food for thought.

I noticed in the picture of CB and baby K that the tail of the plane has L3 logos. So I looked a bit and found out that L3 purchased Doss in September of 2017.
L3 Acquires Doss Aviation, Inc.

L3 is one of the largest military contractors in the US and would be subject to ITAR regulation. That level of regulation would not allow one to simply text in that they are not going to be to work for a week. There would be a very formal process that must be adhered.

This leads me to believe that the actual text to Doss is one of the things that first led LE to consider that Kelsey was more than voluntarily missing.

What a crazy small minded idea, and effort, to cover tracks, that actually illuminates the whole scheme.

This is certainly not earth shattering, but I found it interesting food for thought.

I noticed in the picture of CB and baby K that the tail of the plane has L3 logos. So I looked a bit and found out that L3 purchased Doss in September of 2017.
L3 Acquires Doss Aviation, Inc.

L3 is one of the largest military contractors in the US and would be subject to ITAR regulation. That level of regulation would not allow one to simply text in that they are not going to be to work for a week. There would be a very formal process that must be adhered.

This leads me to believe that the actual text to Doss is one of the things that first led LE to consider that Kelsey was more than voluntarily missing.

What a crazy small minded idea, and effort, to cover tracks, that actually illuminates the whole scheme.

That was great sleuthing!

KB had aspirations of being a cargo pilot. There is no way she would have played fast and loose with rules like this and jeopardized her career dreams. It would be very interesting to know if Doss tried to contact her when they got the text.

Just a thought: we don't have work cellphones at my workplace, so I can't text work to say I won't be in. Interesting that Doss apparently does - or the text was sent to someone's personal cellphone. I wonder if PF got the work number off her phone or looked it up.

L3 is a contractor, like a big percentage of the federal workforce. The Pueblo airport, where KB worked, has no more security than any other Class I airfield in the United States. Think of it as a huge private college for beginning aviators.
With that said, I believe the employee of Doss who actually received that text was more likely in the Colorado Springs office, in Quality Control.
L3 seems to have a very smooth vertical chain of command. I'm guessing that when the WPPD contacted Doss at Pueblo, they got a "We'll get back to you soon!" followed by it going up the chain through QC and contract management in the Springs to the home office back east, and back down again to someone in Pueblo calling WPPD back with the info they had asked for.
I'm sure that since then, the FBI has had the opportunity to sit with the highest ups in the chain, examine everything that they have, and make any and all follow up calls they deem neccessary.
.........and Yes, I believe the only way anyone could have that Doss cell phone number to text in would have been to have KB's unlocked phone in hand. We can hope that KB's phone pinged off a Colorado tower, or better yet a valley mini-cell, when the Doss number was located in her calls/Contacts files.
IMO

Last edited:
I had to read this twice.

Funny how our life experience colors everything. When I was growing up anybody who tattled, or was perceived to be a threat of letting out our mischievous actions, was called a Narc. So I read what you wrote as; KK was a Narc meaning a plant to tell on the activities. Wow! what a different understanding than what I read the second time with narc.= narcissist.

I think I may need another coffee.

You're not the only one! That always trips me up when I'm reading, here especially.

Seems pretty standard for defense attorneys to request a change of venue because they claim their client can't get a fair trial. KB didn't get a fair trial, h&!!, she didn't get any trial, so boo frickin hoo PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288