CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #38 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
KB had a quote on one of her social media pages that speaks to my soul, 'the monster in front of me is not bigger than the God inside of me.' She was absolutely right. She is with God. Her daughter is protected. The monster is unmasked in a cage.

This gave me goosebumps. Had she only recognized PF for the monster in front of her faster.....

Looking ahead, I have thought about how a defense team will try to taint KB’s character with new information, to garner sympathy for PF (as maddening as that will be). PF mentioned to KK, and possibly convinced her, that the baby was not safe with KB. He also mentioned to CB he was sick of dealing with KB. There’s a story there and they’ll want it told. I’ll be curious to see if he uses ‘the mental illness card’ against KB as part of his defense. It won’t help him, but I’m suspecting he’ll use it. None of the why he killed should matter to anyone when he took a beautiful life. However, I think her parents may have a very rough road ahead of them if the defense tries to taint KB.
I think the defense would be better off showing PF has a mental disorder than KB. She is the most sympathetic and empathetic person I can think of late in a trial. The jury is certainly going to think if she is stressed he caused it. They certainly aren't going to like someone trying to take a child from their mother.

Westcliffe Colorado is a small town in a very rural Custer County. There is only one cell phone provider and it is AT&T. If PF answered his cell on December 2nd while in Westcliffe it would have pinged through the AT&T tower. CB’s phone has the exact time of the call and CBI would have no problem tracking PF’s cell phone location.

Exacty, for some money is enough of a reason.
Yes, the custody of Baby K wasn't for the love of Baby K, imo; otherwise, he wouldn't have taken Baby K's mother away from her.
In a HYPOTHETICAL case, you could clearly see the reverse of this when fathers (not pf) might take the kids to see their mom, let's say hypothetically, if she was in the hospital. A normal, logical dad could clearly see that a separation from mom could be hard on the children.
It's totally absurd that pf chose a permanent separation for Baby K from her mother. Whatever interest he had was for himself.

Looking ahead, I have thought about how a defense team will try to taint KB’s character with new information, to garner sympathy for PF (as maddening as that will be). PF mentioned to KK, and possibly convinced her, that the baby was not safe with KB. He also mentioned to CB he was sick of dealing with KB. There’s a story there and they’ll want it told. I’ll be curious to see if he uses ‘the mental illness card’ against KB as part of his defense. It won’t help him, but I’m suspecting he’ll use it. None of the why he killed should matter to anyone when he took a beautiful life. However, I think her parents may have a very rough road ahead of them if the defense tries to taint KB.
They can try to claim Kelsey had mental health issues, but they won't get far unless she had a diagnosis. She had a pilots license, and was required to meet certain qualifications.
Someone posted a list of requirements in an earlier thread. I don't remember exactly what they were, but there was something about having a mental health evaluation, or at least that indicated one must be free of a mental health disorder in order to obtain a license. Imo

I think the defense would be better off showing PF has a mental disorder than KB. She is the most sympathetic and empathetic person I can think of late in a trial. The jury is certainly going to think if she is stressed he caused it. They certainly aren't going to like someone trying to take a child from their mother.

I think the defense will strongly contest the facts of the case, and leave personal information about either the defendant or the deceased out of it, as much as possible.
Imagine a case where one meth dealer shoots and kills another meth dealer. Attorneys could wax on endlessly about upbringing, society's woes, dependencies and so forth.......but in the end Murder in the First Degree is still murder.
Either he did it, or there is reasonable doubt that he did it. I imagine that will be the strategy. IMO

They can try to claim Kelsey had mental health issues, but they won't get far unless she had a diagnosis. She had a pilots license, and was required to meet certain qualifications.
Someone posted a list of requirements in an earlier thread. I don't remember exactly what they were, but there was something about having a mental health evaluation, or at least that indicated one must be free of a mental health disorder in order to obtain a license. Imo
Yes, and since lots of people struggle with depression, you would think that his being a cold blooded killer would certainly trump that.

Yes, the custody of Baby K wasn't for the love of Baby K, imo; otherwise, he wouldn't have taken Baby K's mother away from her.
In a HYPOTHETICAL case, you could clearly see the reverse of this when fathers (not pf) might take the kids to see their mom, let's say hypothetically, if she was in the hospital. A normal, logical dad could clearly see that a separation from mom could be hard on the children.
It's totally absurd that pf chose a permanent separation for Baby K from her mother. Whatever interest he had was for himself.
I think it was about control. The thought of sharing custody with her likely infuriated him. There was no way he was going to allow that to happen. He probably felt entitled.
He justified his actions by saying or implying that she was an unfit mother. Imo

We know KB was savvy enough to immediately transfer her condo into a Washington State LLC within weeks of purchase, there's no reason to believe that KB did not have a will, and probably a trust too-- especially as a single mother.

and maybe since Colorado has a common law marriage law...if you coinhabit as a couple for 6 months, I believe, you're married in the eyes of the State; if you represent yourselves as being married, you're married. My health insurance company, Kaiser, held through my government employment, USGS, even recognized my partner for coverage a year after we hooked up, 24 years ago. So KB would've been smart to have a specific will about assets.

I wish I could like this twice.
Over and over in recent days KB’s family has been subjected to folks taking about “hard working ..nice guy” PF and “scared” KK....meanwhile their girl is laying out there somewhere.
It was time to put the focus back on what Kelsey endured, not PF and KK

I'm a little confused by the chums of PF coming out with their claims of innocence....did they not read the charges? The THREE solicitations? Those aren't brought casually, IMO.

“Upon information and belief, Frazee had motive to kill Kelsey in that he wanted full custody of [Kaylee Berreth] and/or Kelsey to leave [Kaylee Berreth] with him and Kelsey would not agree,” lawyer Angela Jones, wrote in the amended lawsuit on behalf of Cheryl and Darrell Berreth, according to ABC.

Parents of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth refile wrongful death lawsuit, claim fiancé killed her to gain custody of child

I wondered about the baby having Kelsey’s last name. Glad she (baby) has Berreth.
If this is true.

If he did go with KK or even on his own after the fact, knowing it was KBs dad’s favorite restaurant... Maybe it is just me, but there is something so vindictive about that to me. Not only does he take his daughter from him, but he thoroughly ruins what was DBs favorite restaurant. MOO
Just a thought: What if he said they ate at the Cracker Barrel to appease the Berreth's. ex: Hey guess what we ate at Darrell's favorite place the Cracker Barrel to make his story more believable. Perhaps to establish he was in the opposite direction of where he really was at.
He threw out so many clues in his phone calls to CB hard to sort fact from fiction.

Hi all! Can anyone tell me if we know yet if the preliminary hearing on the 19th will be televised?

I'm a little confused by the chums of PF coming out with their claims of innocence....did they not read the charges? The THREE solicitations? Those aren't brought casually, IMO.
Well, it says in the document that PF spread rumors about Kelsey to the media. I'm assuming it was through those people that the slander was made public.
I'm surprised they are still talking since they could possibly be charged for the lies they told the media in the first place.
Also, in the document they indicated the rumors were spread to the media and/ or other. I bet that refers to SM. We had a poster right here who did so, who was quickly exposed! Imo

A pilot can not be on any meds prescribed for depression.
EX: Zoloft etc. Any meds that are related to depression.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member