CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out won't let me read the article.
EDIT: DELETE DOUBLE POST!!! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??
For more information, contact: Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Customer Technical Assistance Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Division 303-692-3320 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South www.colorado.gov/cdphe/hm Denver, Colorado 80246-1530"

Last edited:
I have to keep reminding myself that the allegations as told by PF about break up and Cracker Barrel on Thanksgiving Day were both told to CB more than a week after they allegedly occurred. Up until then, all CB knew was what she and KB discussed during their last two reported phone calls that took place on Thanksgiving Day.

I can't imagine what it took for CB to show up and speak at presser with WPPD. #Mompower

And PF telling CB he loved her daughter and WP was a safe place, but yet he wasn't involved with trying to locate KB.

I am sorry for posting the link, to rephrase my question. While detained can a person be questioned?
Certainly, but no obligation to respond. However, I believe it was explained SF was detained on site for safety reasons. PF's arrest was unannounced visit to the ranch by a heavy team of LE in the very early morning hours where they encountered PF and SF leaving the ranch in another vehicle. MOO

Last edited:
I remember reading that too, at that time I questioned about where they were supposed to meet to exchange the baby and suggested Safeway. But, others came back and said no. I can't seem to find the "meet to exchange baby" comment anywhere now!

Frazee allegedly told cops that he saw Kelsey on Thanksgiving during a custody exchange for Kaylee. During a press conference in early December, police said Frazee was not considered a suspect in Kelsey’s disappearance.

MOO-
There seemed to me to be some double talk in msm as to whether or not SF was arrested when PF was. My opinion
was she was NOT, however she had not previously been
real co-operative in providing helpful information to LE
during the searches of her ranch and LE was showing a
bit of physical force by handcuffing her too when they
arrested her son. Just how it looked to me.
I think they used the term "detained briefly and released". I don't believe that would have done that at all if there wasn't something less than 100 percent cooperation by MaF. IMO

And PF telling CB he loved her daughter and WP was a safe place, but yet he wasn't involved with trying to locate KB.
See these are just out of place statements. A sincere person would say listen CB, KB just needs some time to herself, she is a responsible person and loves us and will reach out as soon as she can. Please do not worry, I am checking the phone records and going to the house.

See these are just out of place statements. A sincere person would say listen CB, KB just needs some time to herself, she is a responsible person and loves us and will reach out as soon as she can. Please do not worry, I am checking the phone records and going to the house.
Yeah, but we know just how insincere PF was, along with controlling, manipulating and diabolical to boot. Not a good man who has done something terribly wrong, just a NO GOOD man period. IMO

I don't believe the source of this report "genypod" MSM or otherwise allowed here on WS.

I recall that SF was detained, and later released. I don't recall any reports that she was in fact "arrested." Anybody?
Just detained as PF was arrested for safety particularly as child was secured as well. There have been no public charges processed.

I have to keep reminding myself that the allegations as told by PF about break up and Cracker Barrel on Thanksgiving Day were both told to CB more than a week after they allegedly occurred. Up until then, all CB knew was what she and KB discussed during their last two reported phone calls that took place on Thanksgiving Day.

I can't imagine what it took for CB to show up and speak at presser with WPPD. #Mompower
I am prayerful that LE and the family knew a lot in that timeframe before the public did. With the quick arrest, it sure seems like it.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
LOOKING AHEAD: Patrick Frazee is due in court tomorrow for a preliminary hearing. We should learn what evidence prosecutors have against him. Frazee could enter a plea. Here's a preview & look back at the timeline. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Patrick Frazee due in court for preliminary hearing Tuesday
The man suspected in the presumed murder of missing Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth is due in court Tuesday.

Tuesday’s hearing is a preliminary hearing, essentially deciding whether the case will head to a trial. Prosecutors will present the evidence they have against Frazee to establish probable cause — evidence that has been under seal since his arrest. The defense has the chance to challenge the case against Frazee.

Frazee, Berreth’s fiancé, could also enter a plea at the hearing. Prosecutors have said the evidence should against him should also be released Tuesday.

Wouldn't the landfill itself have cameras at the entrances or someway to document who is dumping things there? I don't think he would go directly to the landfill but perhaps he knew of a dumpster with no cameras. Many businesses were closed on Thanksgiving Day and around meal time/football kick off time the streets of small business areas are practically deserted (at least that has been my observation in every city I have ever lived in). What better day/time to dispose of something in a dumpster unnoticed? :eek:

I do hope we learn something tomorrow. The anticipation is driving me crazy. :D

What time is court?
Of all the times I'd actually be busy working *annoyed face* Haa! :oops:

Now that there is a little more information known - the Amended Complaint in the civil suit - I wonder if this will have any bearing on the custody matter at the next hearing? I did a little googling to try and see how permanent custody might be awarded in CO - found some interesting information but I do not think they will be able to settle permanent custody until the criminal trial is over IMO. The reason is because he is supposedly the natural parent (we don't know if paternity has officially been establish yet that I am aware of) and would get custody if he is determined "fit" - but while he is incarcerated I don't think he is "fit". By April, CB will have continuously cared for the baby for almost 4 months - so I wonder if that will trump the one year PF's mother was involved in the baby's life? This article addresses the step-parents' potential rights but does outline CO moving away from the trend of granting custody to the non-custodial parent.
Legal Rights of Stepparents Vs. Real Parents
snipped
Death of a Biological Parent

When a custodial parent dies, custody of her child usually reverts to the non-custodial parent, even if the custodial parent named someone else, such as her new spouse, as her child’s guardian in her will. However, some states, such as Colorado, are moving away from this trend. These jurisdictions allow a stepparent to petition for custody of his spouse’s child after her death, especially when the child continues to live with him after his natural parent dies. Ultimately, the court’s decision would most likely rest with which adult can best maintain continuity in the child’s life. A stepparent might be successful in his bid for custody if awarding custody to the natural parent meant uprooting the child to live with an adult he has had only minimal contact with.
This just reinforces my earlier post that it spoke volumes the Juvenile court system actually ruled in favor of the B's. even though that meant taking her from her home state and the F family. I think baby K is right where she needs to be and I feel confident she won't be leaving the B family either. Thank you Lord for miracles.

So for her own case, the reviews can happen by video. But if she's called to testify during PF's case, she'll have to show up in person. Is that right? tia
I believe you are correct.

While I'm sure there are exceptions, in criminal cases, the defendant has the right to confront his/her accuser "face to face."

I'm not aware of any alleged victims not present at trial [for cross examination], but I've seen where witnesses have testified remotely via camera.

MOO

Last edited:
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
LOOKING AHEAD: Patrick Frazee is due in court tomorrow for a preliminary hearing. We should learn what evidence prosecutors have against him. Frazee could enter a plea. Here's a preview & look back at the timeline. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

The man suspected in the presumed murder of missing Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth is due in court Tuesday.

Tuesday’s hearing is a preliminary hearing, essentially deciding whether the case will head to a trial. Prosecutors will present the evidence they have against Frazee to establish probable cause — evidence that has been under seal since his arrest. The defense has the chance to challenge the case against Frazee.

Frazee, Berreth’s fiancé, could also enter a plea at the hearing. Prosecutors have said the evidence should against him should also be released Tuesday.

@riolove77 and others, what do you think are the chances that he will waive the right to his preliminary hearing tomorrow?

If he does waive the preliminary, will we be restricted to only getting the search warrants and arrest affidavit? (Assuming those are released)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

bbm FINALLY! Thank you PommyMommy. There's a couple more tweets from Sam:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 7m7 minutes ago

1. Regarding tomorrow: Recording of any kind isn't allowed inside the courthouse, per the decorum order. A court spokesman says we are allowed to tweet though, so expect updates from here. The hearing starts at 9 a.m. (MT). #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee @KOAA

2. Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 10m10 minutes ago
    I will be at tomorrow's hearing. The court has blocked out the whole day for it, though it's unclear how long it will take. Prosecutors will hold a press conference after. We plan to stream it on http://koaa.com & our @KOAA Facebook page. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

@riolove77 and others, what do you think are the chances that he will waive the right to his preliminary hearing tomorrow?

If he does waive those rights, will we be restricted to only getting the search warrants and arrest affidavit? (Assuming those are released)

As I was flipping channels, earlier, HLN had atty discussing PF. She said something like “it’s time to work on a plea deal”, when asked how she might defend him.

I believe you are correct.

While I'm sure there are exceptions, in criminal cases, the defendant has the right to confront his/her accuser "face to face."

I'm not aware of any alleged victims not present at trial [for cross examination], but I've seen where witnesses have testified remotely via camera.

MOO

I'm sure KK will be too terribly frightened.. to come to court in person to testify anywhere near him. *big eye roll* :) MOO!

If he does waive the preliminary, will we be restricted to only getting the search warrants and arrest affidavit? (Assuming those are released)
If I'm not mistaken the reason he would waive his right to a prelim hearing would be if he intends to plead guilty and wants to avoid publicity.
That's NOT going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member