CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only read through the first 5 pages of the arrest affidavit so far, but thought I would start rattling off some questions to (somewhat) break things down. Please reply with your thoughts on any of these discussion points or questions:
(and apologies for any of these that have already been discussed....between being gone yesterday, and the site being down, I'm still way behind)

- thoughts on middle of the night phone calls between KB and PF on early morning hours of 11/22? is this what led to PF committing murder when he did? obviously these calls are signs of trouble...

- PF being on video surveillance at Walmart after picking up baby K on 11/22? this was a surprise...as many of us thought he killed Kelsey right away. Was this on purpose so that he is being spotted on video elsewhere? I doubt he was getting any kind of pertinent supplies (candles or other), otherwise it would have been mentioned in affidavit? What is this Walmart detail all about?

- the fact that LE or family never mentioned KB's missing gun...was this by design? or maybe it wasn't considered missing the CB may have thought he hadn't returned it yet? (though it appears PF did say he returned it...and hoped people would think she used it for harm?) Anyway, my question is why you think it wasn't mentioned that the gun was missing. I'm thinking it was a purposely withheld detail to be used with later confession(s)?

- thoughts on search at PF's turning up custody document (but not filed)? It definitely fits what most of us felt was the motive here...child custody.

- I read that Lee said that PF did not ask Lee to take and dispose of phone? huh? Confused by this. I thought she also stated that PF directed her to send the texts in order to misdirect LE. Wouldn't that require her "taking" the phone? Again, if this is true, this suggests that Lee was also very much motivated to be a player in this crime, and she is not at all a victim.

- unknown male (and female) dna found in bathroom. thoughts? former tenants? I'm assuming the dna was already checked against all other friends or family members who were known to visit Kelsey...

- thoughts on why KK is not spotted on video entering or leaving KB's house? Do you think they camera's info. may have been overwritten by the time LE asked for later dates (11/24 vs. 11/22)??

- why nothing on video of PF leaving house with black tote?

That's it for now. I'll be back later with more questions when I have a chance to read the rest of the affidavit.

p.s. I felt like a caged dog when the Websleuth site was down this morning! :eek:
Thoughts on the unfiled custody documents: I think PF obviously knew (with consult of his family) that he at best would have to share custody with KB. In all likelihood, this started at the birth of the child, when the child did not assume his last name. KB established certain set rights at this point though it appears she was more than willing to allow PF involvement. Simply, he did not think KB had a right to tell him what to do or that the court would tell him what to do. Those unfiled documents show his intent to take control of the child and that this was his focused pressure point. It was not, imo, the reason KB is deceased. PF would have murdered in his lifetime at some point regardless. This might be his first felony but this has been his behavior all his life. As evidenced by the DA, we see the regard he had for his child with the killing of her mother and having her also present. These two points alone will hangover the poor child all her life. This is what he gave her. I have said before, I am so very happy, this darling girl survived. One last thought is obviously, his mother knew something had happened to KB when she did not pick-up the child or return. This is one more person that somewhere along the way should have warned KB. To stand in court and try to take that grandchild from CB after knowing what PF did is just sickening.

I keep coming back to this Confrontation of ABC Denever7 reporter with PF and think how cold and chilling PF said in response to the reporters Question do you know where KB is. Quote PF says "This is private property, this is a private road". Chilling
This was a brave reporter knowing what we know now.

Early on in this thread, a poster made several references to a violent blow to the back of the head which knocks out teeth with such force they can get embedded in walls. He/she also told us the technical name for it.

Sorry I can’t remember who posted. Just wondering if they are still here, and what clued them in to thinking it might have happened in this case?
There were a lot of rumors floating around which turned out to be true.
Although it was still speculation at that time. Imo

SF knew:
That little K was at the ranchette full-time starting Nov. 22.
That there was a large fire in her front yard.
The times that PF called her.
What time PF came to dinner on Thanksgiving day.
What time PF left after dinner on Thanksgiving day.

What am I missing?

And she chose not to testify to what she knew.

She also knew KK was in town with PF

She knew something important was occuring with the burning as both PF and KK were there to watch it

I wonder why the DA allowed KK to plead guilty to "moving" the phone as opposed to cleaning up the murder scene. Her attorney sure got her a sweet deal.
Probably because that is consistent with her "tampering" with evidence.
I think the plea deal was already established by that time.
I'm sure they are well aware of her involvement. Imo

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user.../Teller/caseofinterest/2019CR17/Complaint.pdf

The complaint says she "destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence, with intent to impair its verity or availability.... "

So I guess this is the part where she cleans up the crime scene and disposes of evidence, including KB's phone, purse and gun. Nothing about coffee, pipe or baseball bat because she didn't carry through with that part.

I think KKL might as well cross “housekeeping” off her list of future job possibilities. Maybe go more for “aiding & abetting” or something. I’m so livid she basically walks.
She so desperately wanted Patrick & would go to any extreme to have him. Moo

That's awful. Take heart. Just because the state doesn't require it, doesn't mean a medical facility wouldn't take it upon themselves to run a thorough background check anyways. It wouldn't even take an extensive check. All it would take is an HR rep to Google her. She's donzo.

KK is not under arrest so I wonder where she is now? Is she at home (I read she lives with her ex? para 45 of the Affidavit - they share a home). I wonder how her friends are treating her these days and I hope each of them feel guilty for knowing about the plot and doing nothing. It makes me so angry - if either of these women had come forward, she would be alive IMO.

Well, THIS is rather upsetting!

From below-linked article, published in 2016:

Colorado 1 of 6 states that doesn’t require criminal background checks for nurses – The Denver Post

I'll keep looking for more Colorado nursing regulations.
That is scary! Thankfully it looks like there has been an update:

On January 18, 2018, Governor John Hickenlooper signed Senate Bill 18-027 Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact. The law placed Colorado into the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC). As a member of the eNLC, the State Board of Nursing now requires all applicants to obtain a fingerprint background check in order to obtain a nursing license in Colorado.
Board of Nursing: Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) for Colorado

All that MG knew about the murder plans, she allowed KK to “borrow” her car. I wonder if she could be facing charges.
It appears she knew as much as MS and the R's -- that PF solicited KK for the murder of KB.

Just like the others, she remained silent, and there's nothing criminal about not talking. No, I don't think she faces any charges. MOO

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cordillera...616/Frazee-Application-for-Arrest-Warrant.pdf

According to MG in the arrest aff, a bullet was missing from her gun that she kept in her car which she loaned to KK. WTHeck? KK doesn’t mention a gun used in her narrative.
Jmo

:eek:o_O

Who loans their car to a friend for a several day road trip out of state and also leaves their loaded gun in it?!?

I must be a bad friend, because I don't have any friends that I trust enough with my car AND my gun. And letting someone take my car out of state would not happen unless it was someone who was practically a family member and they had a family emergency (in which case I would be traveling with them).

MOO.

I think it really comes down to this.

They didn't have enough for conspiracy úntil she talked. In fact, they had nothing until then.

And they didn't have enough even for accessory either because accessory to what? They need evidence of the crime she would've been an accessory to, in order to charge her as an accessory.

So let's say they had proof she had KB's phone. They had proof from those witnesses that she talked about PF's plan or solicitation before the fact. But there's no body. Nothing proving an actual murder. How can you charge accessory to a crime you can't prove?

So they threatened her with murder charges or conspiracy or accessory and she wouldn't know everything they had but her lawyer would know it would be hard without a body. Or a confession.

So they agreed to negotiate a plea deal.

It's not fair. Her involvement seems vast. But I don't think they had enough for much of anything but tampering. Until she talked.
Thank you very much; I hadn't thought of it this way. Now it makes sense. LE had no way of knowing how involved she was until she confessed to all of it - under protection of her sweet deal.

:eek:o_O

Who loans their car to a friend for a several day road trip out of state and also leaves their loaded gun in it?!?

I must be a bad friend, because I don't have any friends that I trust enough with my car AND my gun. And letting someone take my car out of state would not happen unless it was someone who was practically a family member and they had a family emergency (in which case I would be traveling with them).

MOO.
I don't loan my car to anyone, but that's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak