CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for finding this. So custody that never got filed....something stopped him - the filing fee? NOT. I think the alternative plan if we are to believe the solicitations which began in September.
I think maybe he and his mom sat down and spoke to an attorney at some point who honestly told him there was pretty much no chance of him getting full custody of baby K. The baby had an established, secure living situation with her mom. The court would favor keeping the baby with what she's been accustomed to, unless KB was somehow unfit...that's why PF wanted to portray her that way.

My sister practices as a family law attorney and she has to give people reality checks like that all the time. He wanted his way and decided to take matters into his own hands. MOO

Good morning. I have been thinking... and if KK was so damn afraid, couldn't she have just taken some photos of that horrific crime scene (and everything else for that matter, when PF wasn't looking) and gone right to the police? I wonder if she did take any photos. And if she didn't, why the hell not?

I am wondering the same. Might there be even another burner phone that LE, at this point, knows nothing about...and photos are on it? If so, I'm not sure why she'd hold that evidence back tho'. I wonder if is feasible for LE to check all pings registered in the very near vicinity of KB's phone on the date KK says she was their cleaning? Then try to match those pings/phones up with people, and/or figure out which of those pings belong to "real" phones and which to burners.

Wandering mind here, maybe I am bored. LOL!!

I would change the last sentence to read, "Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered."

Just keepin' it real. ;) Thanks for getting back to us so quickly!

ETA a MOO and:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted **********
Kenney was in Idaho on Thanksgiving, swapped cars with her best friend the next day & drove to CO. She can't talk to the press, per her plea deal. Not sure why SF is pleading the 5th & why PF was with his brother. Kenney says she left her phone on for police to find her

I'll update that bullet on the timeline to this:

• 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number. Slater says PF’s phone pinged off a tower in Divide, CO, when he made that call. Shortly after, PF received a return call from that number and his phone pinged in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered. Sam (Kraemer Retweeted **********KKwas in Idaho on Thanksgiving, swapped cars with her best friend the next day & drove to CO. She can't talk to the press, per her plea deal. Not sure why SF is pleading the 5th & why PF was with his brother. KK says she left her phone on for police to find her.)
:p

:D Thanks for keeping everything straight. I will update it to this:

4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number. Slater says PF’s phone pinged off a tower in Divide, CO, when he made that call. Shortly after, PF received a return call from that number and his phone pinged in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome."Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered."
Thanks again!
I firmly believe LE has evidence regarding where exactly KK was and we just don't need to see it yet. IMO
I do too - both cell phone records and witness statements. Possibly even camera footage.
MOO

Last edited:
I'll update that bullet on the timeline to this:

• 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number. Slater says PF’s phone pinged off a tower in Divide, CO, when he made that call. Shortly after, PF received a return call from that number and his phone pinged in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered. Sam (Kraemer Retweeted **********KKwas in Idaho on Thanksgiving, swapped cars with her best friend the next day & drove to CO. She can't talk to the press, per her plea deal. Not sure why SF is pleading the 5th & why PF was with his brother. KK says she left her phone on for police to find her.)
:p
Looks good to me but if you hear objections, I had nothing to do with it, k?
Lol :p

MOO

I also think her ex may move for custody - I wonder where she is living? Did she return home and did he allow it (I should check the deed to see who was awarded the property in the divorce when I get a chance).

I believe I read that KKL signed over her part of the ranch her and CL owned 12/18 in case something went down, protect the investment for the kids. JMO

I do think she took took pictures to show PF how good everything was cleaned up. I also think those photos were lost when she destroyed her phone after arriving home in Idaho, hence I don't believe LE has ever seen them....MOO
She had a samsung with gmail /location mapping. They may have synced to her gmail account or other cloud-based picture storage. let's hope. Or, if she sent them to his phone which they got December 4 - perhaps he didn't erase them? If there are any pictures of course all JMO. but this is a man who apparently tried to use baby wipes to clean up a murder scene
ETA paragraph 49 affidavit - the replacement phone was samsung - Not sure what her phone was.

Last edited:
I think maybe he and his mom sat down and spoke to an attorney at some point who honestly told him there was pretty much no chance of him getting full custody of baby K. The baby had an established, secure living situation with her mom. The court would favor keeping the baby with what she's been accustomed to, unless KB was somehow unfit...that's why PF wanted to portray her that way.

My sister practices as a family law attorney and she has to give people reality checks like that all the time. He wanted his way and decided to take matters into his own hands. MOO
This!! Although I am very interested in why others may think it is not custody. I'm open to all motives. Thanks for posting and good to have a family law connection.

It was Dec 2 that CB asked PF to pick up a package at KB's. I don't see anything about a friend being there in Nov 22. Do you know where I can find that? tia!!

From the Berreth's civil suit:

"17. Also, on or about December 2, 2018, Cheryl-Lee Berreth asked Frazee to go to Kelsey’s home to check on her. Frazee said he was in Westcliffe but promised that he would do so. Cheryl-Lee Berreth also sent a text message to Frazee on or about this same date, asking him to pick up a package if it was on Kelsey’s doorstep. Upon information and belief, Frazee did neither."

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/amended+complaint3.pdf
Thank you deleted that...sorry
Could he have yet another friend with a killer heart? Sheesh!
my misunderstanding...

I wonder if when she completed treatment for depression or anxiety she began to see things more clearly. Maybe she realized PF wasn't all that he seemed to be.

Maybe it gave her the strength or the confidence to eventually tell PF she had no intention of allowing him to have full custody of the child, and was going to fight him in court.
PF may have realized he wouldn't stand a chance.
Since he had the custody papers, he must have initially planned just to take her to court. He probably thought her getting treatment would work to his benefit, but instead maybe it gave Kelsey more power and control. Jmo
Hmm. Maybe her counselors helped her to see more clearly what was going on.

I'm also wondering that maybe the friend MG or MS (sorry) gun was used to shoot a bullet into the tote, just incase it was found and then they could say she shot herself? Maybe not but why was the gun used...I know of a person who put themselves in a box to commit suicide because they didn't want to mess the house up. jMO maybe not a good one tho.
We don't know that the gun was ever fired. There was a bullet missing, and one in the chamber, but no confirmation it was actually fired.

Does anybody have a list from the arrest affidavit that should be added to the timeline?
Dec 14, second bulletpoint - KK was interviewed over the phone. I know the 4 1/2 hour interview in Colorado Springs was audio and video recorded, but I'm not sure about the phone call while she was in Vegas. Anyone?
MOO

This!! Although I am very interested in why others may think it is not custody. I'm open to all motives. Thanks for posting and good to have a family law connection.
I don't think the motivation was custody, though I'm in the minority, I know.

To be sure, I do think he wanted custody. I don't dispute that.

But I think he killed KB because he despised her. He wanted her gone. Didn't even want to deal her in any way whatsoever, even if she had no custody. I think his motivation was to be rid of her with as little hassle (paperwork, court case, contact, even conversation) as possible.

I realize others think it was custody only and I get that. I think it was custody plus hatred.

jmo

This! I can't make sense of this, either. I can see no reason for him to leave his phone behind. I can't see him doing it accidentally (although he may have been a bit rattled) and I can't see him doing it deliberately.

At the same time, I really can't believe PF's brother, the one in LE, would lie. Be vague, yes. Outright lie? No. So PF was at SF's sometime Thanksgiving afternoon with Baby K.
Maybe he was so overwhelmed with all the stress of beating someone to death with a baseball bat and all the blood everywhere that he forgot his phone. Imo

Re the slug/bullet/casing:
There has to be a reason, why PF decided to burn his victim KB, even in a trough (open fire, visible from afar, I think), leaving nothing of her behind except remains, which he collected and disposed of. I would like to know, if the burning was planned in advance or not. After all, it was another risk to be discovered.
What, if KKL had taken the tote bag with dead KB to Idaho? Would she have got an order by PF, to burn it somewhere there too?
ETA: "Re the slug/bullet/casing:"

I believe Plan A was for KK to take KB's remains to dispose of them. She says she refused, so PF came up with Plan B, burning the remains and evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail