CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I'm not sure.....after all, she made a huge move to be near him. I think (at first) he made her feel very loved and wanted.
    I'm wondering if the re-meeting of KKL and the apparent strong chemistry is what made him change his mind about wanting KB. But....she had his child. Between the two of them, PF and KKL.....KB needed to go..... then PF and KKL would raise his child together. imo

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

I promise you, the plea deal exists.

KK has already plead guilty, and is awaiting sentencing.

If you read @Tippy Lynn ‘s notes, you will see that an agreement has already been made.

Alcina, Flicka1, AvaGrace and 13 others like this.
  3. ab01

ab01 Well-Known Member

KK acquired an attorney very very early. There is little chance she won’t receive the deal her lawyer made and both sides accepted!!!

4. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

BBMFF:

To the bolded point above, I'm confused. That doesn't make sense to me.

Are you saying that the DA is not a party to the plea deal?

I don't see why KK would enter into a one-sided deal, and give up all the damning information about PF's as well as her actions, if there was nothing in it for her from the DA's end in return.

That's like saying, "Never mind the Carrot, just go ahead and bash me w/ the Big Stick!"

I must be missing something. Probably the something I'm missing is the point...it wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes, I'm a little slow on the uptake. Apologies for not understanding!

IowaMom4, Flicka1, AvaGrace and 13 others like this.
  5. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

PF is not getting off scott free. There is plenty of evidence including his own words to LE and CB and cell phone data which will convict him.

It was rumored KK would testify at the prelim and that didn't happen. I don't see the DA needing her testimony going forward.

JMO

Flicka1 likes this.
  6. ab01

ab01 Well-Known Member

The deal is made!
    Nothing short of KK standing up in court and yelling out I made the whole thing up is going to change that! No matter how much we may want her to be charged with more serious charges it ain’t gonna happen folks! No way no how.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    IowaMom4, Kittybunny, Alcina and 12 others like this.
  7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Nah.

IowaMom4, Alcina, Flicka1 and 18 others like this.
  8. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

Wow... so are you really promoting throwing out PF's constitutional right to cross examine his accuser?

KK will be there.

Face to face.

This is America.

This is justice for Kelsey.

The Confrontation Clause of the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "in all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right…to be confronted with the witnesses against him."

Confrontation Clause - Wikipedia

Alcina, Flicka1, GarAndTeed and 17 others like this.
  9. gitana1

And what I didn't add to that is the fact that there's tons of evidence that PF was with KB the last time she was ever seen alive and was there at her house after that for a few hours, he was seen on camera with a black tote that day and his phone pinged with KB's the entire day of the 22nd including at KB's home for several hours.

He also called KK on that date around 4:30 near KB's home.

So how do we explain that KK was the murderer and not PF?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  10. gitana1

There was vastly more evidence against CW when you insisted there wasn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed his kids. So I'm confused.

Without KK's testimony there's not even probable cause.

11. ab01

ab01 Well-Known Member

There is no logical way no explain it. Moo

Flicka1, bonjoviblonde, Kapua and 5 others like this.
  12. gitana1

This is a no body case. Heck, it's hard to convict even WITH a body, as you know. There was no ability that was going to magically appear, IMO, to prosecute PF without the deal. But given that those cases are so hard to prosecute, I don;t think they would've dared move forward without solid evidence.

It was almost a month after the crime that the deal was reached. Not a super long time but by that time they had all the phone pings and records and a ton of info. I do not believe they would enter such a deal on a no body case, with such an unsympathetic criminal as KK, without dotting their i's and crossing their t's and ensuring KK wasn't there.

Because the DA is an elected position I just don't think they'd dare rush to judgment. CBI and FBI are consummate professionals and I don't think they rushed to judgment either.

I think the evidence simply backs the basic facts of her story.

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

Thanks @mtnlites -- seems this bears repeating.

Flicka1, MsBetsy, kimpage and 6 others like this.
  14. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I totally disagree with the bolded portion. They absolutely need her testimony going forward. The DA already said that they wouldn't have known where or how she was killed if it wasn't for their witness, KK.

They need to her testify about KB's phone, and PF asking her to take it to ID and send those phony texts. They need that testimony. Without that testimony, the defense can say that KB is missing and she sent those texts herself when she ran off.

How can we say that they don't need or want her testimony, when we see what a sweet deal they gave her. Do you think they would have given her such meager charges if she wasn't doing something big for them in return?

IowaMom4, Kittybunny, Alcina and 16 others like this.
  15. MyBelle

If KK lied, the deal is off. That's been widely publicized.

Flicka1, SandyQLS and AgeofAquaruis like this.
  16. gitana1

Yes. Limited hearsay evidence may be allowed at a prelim but actual witness testimony will be necessary at trial.

KK is going to have to testify.

17. v0x

v0x Well-Known Member

Really hoping the search at the landfill turns up evidence that changes this.

18. MyBelle

KK was given a sweet deal so PF would be locked up, without bail. Mission accomplished.

It's unfortunate if the DA needs KK's testimony at trial because KK is such a poor witness. I don't believe her testimony is needed. Nobody is going to believe PF forced KK to do anything at all.

LE has KB's and PF's phone records. They have PF's words to CB. Nobody is NOT going to believe CB.

19. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Despite the overwhelming odds against it, I have the quiet conviction that what remains of KB's remains will be found.

Miracles do happen.

IowaMom4, Chocoholic, Alcina and 23 others like this.
  20. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

PrairieWind said:
    I am not sure I agree with the bolded portion above. Very early in the investigation, they would have no idea if the baby was in danger or not, imo. If they suspected that he killed his ex-girlfriend, mother of the child, they'd have to assume he would be capable of killing again. They couldn't take the chance that there wasn't a financial motive of some kind, some insurance or inheritance etc. They really wouldn't know what was going on at the beginning and why take the chance? JMO

I applaud them for the speed with which they moved on this ugly crime. JMO

Flicka1, Kapua, Noharg and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.